Forum Update: Bugs?

Not sure if it's a bug or if it's just on my end, but whenever I reply to a status update & hit "Submit Reply", the button will turn to "Saving..." & then freeze there. My reply has been sent, but on my end it isn't registering that the message has sent until I refresh the page

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ObsiEez said:

whenever I reply to a status update & hit "Submit Reply", the button will turn to "Saving..." & then freeze there. My reply has been sent, but on my end it isn't registering that the message has sent until I refresh the page

I have also experienced this a few times. I imagined it was my internet.

16 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I have also experienced this a few times. I imagined it was my internet.

Glad I'm not the only one. Thought it was my internet as well, but forum posts have been working fine, so thought I'd post it just in case lol

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

Same glitch occured after clearing and signingin using android but worst in windows, cannot edit profile and upload cover image; also, apng is not working! Not sure in avatar and signature if reupload or embed!

Texts in windows are standout but some are not, they are opposite in android. This is bothersome to blend using 2 different device so as long as it is readable it s okay😊

For all of you that have issues with having to log back in every time you open the forums, try this:

1. Confirm whether you're still logged in to the main PSNP page.
  2. Go to the forums. If you're logged in, sign out.
  3. Go back to the main PSNP page. Sign out.
  4. Sign back in to the main page. It should redirect you to a new login screen linked to the forums.
  5. Now open the forums again. You should be automatically logged in.

I haven't had to log in again after doing this, so hopefully, this works for all of you at least for now. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Vanqishd said:

For all of you that have issues with having to log back in every time you open the forums, try this:

1. Confirm whether you're still logged in to the main PSNP page.
  2. Go to the forums. If you're logged in, sign out.
  3. Go back to the main PSNP page. Sign out.
  4. Sign back in to the main page. It should redirect you to a new login screen linked to the forums.
  5. Now open the forums again. You should be automatically logged in.

I haven't had to log in again after doing this, so hopefully, this works for all of you at least for now. 

I changed the cookie config yesterday to fix a previous issue, this is what logged everyone out. Logging in normally should work fine now.

The only exception is a bug that I've found if you have 2FA enabled. If you're already logged into the forum and try to log into the main site, it will not log you into the main site. I have reported this as a bug to the forum developers.

• Like 4

I get a notification when someone "likes" a status that I've replied to. I don't mind getting a notification for new replies, but I shouldn't get one for someone liking a post that isn't mine.

• Like 1

Is anyone able to click on PlayStation Network? I want to make a topic there, but when I click on it it says there's an error. Maybe just bad timing on my part with an update going on?

I can still click on Sales and Deals and PS classics, but PlayStation Network specifically is giving me an error right now. 

I haven't been able to use desktop mode on Chrome browser (Android) since PSNP implemented security checks. I've tried on two different smartphones. It'll always go into endless security checks mode. 🥲

On 8/21/2023 at 7:52 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

It's weird. I was able to get to it through logging in incognito mode, but still can't get in there normally. Super weird, idk.

I'm assuming you've tried clearing your browser cookies. If yes, then I'm at a loss. 

6 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I haven't been able to use desktop mode on Chrome browser (Android) since PSNP implemented security checks. I've tried on two different smartphones. It'll always go into endless security checks mode. 🥲

I'm assuming you've tried clearing your browser cookies. If yes, then I'm at a loss. 

Yeah, I did. I should test it on my laptop too to see if the same thing happens.

It's still happening on mobile 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

I have two suggestions. 

1) as others have mentioned, I sometimes get stuck on "saving" when I hit submit reply. 

2) there is no notification option tied exclusively for your followers' status updates. What I mean by that is it's currently all or nothing. There's only an option to get notifications whenever your followers post anywhere on this forum which means you'll get tons of notifications per day. 

• Like 2

The new forum update has made it impossible for banned members of the forums to edit their trophy profile (trophy cabinet, profile banner etc). It forces them to log in which leads to a warning point screen they can’t bypass. Changing the URL after logging in just logs them back out again, so that’s not a solution either.

Whatever your opinion is on banned members, I think it’s unfair to cut them off from the only premium benefits they still had.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Since an hour or so, I can no longer see the most recent threads on the main page of the site.

spacer.png

Same issue, was thinking it was a conflict with PSNP+ at first, but the forums don't show even in incognito mode. Wonder what happened.

I noticed a bug while moving threads from the Unreleased Games sections to their respective game forum. I noticed that newer threads aren't being placed in alphabetical order, they are instead being placed at the bottom of the list.

For example, I needed to move a thread to the "No Place Like Home" forum, and instead of being in the N section near the "No....." games, it was placed at the bottom of the N section's list.

I suspect it might have something to do with the new policy of merging multiple lists of a game into one forum which has created this bug.

• Like 2