I Know What You Did Last 13 Plats of Halloween

I like the twist, sign me in of course.

Just a question... I mean the limiting rule... is it necessary now that the way you score the event is by basically rarity of the game? I mean if you add an EZPZ game is only going to be a negative since the other limitation is that the list is 13 games.... right?

Anyway sign me in, I will declare my games once I get to my console to see what games might be a good idea.

Ok so this are my 3 games:

Stubbs the Zombie: You are a zombie roming around the city, that is halloween enough.

The Persistence (ps5): horror themed the thumbnail on the game looks creepy.

Saints Row Gat out of hell (ps4) Well you go to hell, sure that is enough reason.

Those are my 3 first games I will add more games by September and october, once I know how many games might get removed or added from psplus.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 3

I want to be in this year. I'm back in school, so I'm hoping I'll be able to stay ahead of the killer. I have plenty of platinums, but I've hidden almost all games on my account because I wanted to track an alphabet challenge I set for myself. However, since I want to participate in this Halloween event, I'll switch it over and just be tracking my games for this event and will switch it back to the alphabet challenge later. Let me know if this is an issue. 

These are the three games I'll commit to.

• Alien Isolation - 25% - Sci/fi horror. Trapped on a space station with no allies, limited supplies, and a killer xenomorph hunting. 
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night- 10% - Exploring a vampire's castle with lots of ghosts, skeletons, and other ghouls. Very Halloween.

• Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered - 0% - I'm assuming I get to bust investigate haunted places and bust lots of ghosts!

Games were swapped once since I forgot to apply the rule for length. 

Edited by Spacey_Dweeb
  • Like 2

Woah, I am in love with the slasher/thriller format for this event! I've been saving a couple of more spooky-themed games for my favorite time of the year, and now I'm extra glad that I haven't played them yet! ? 

Question:

If a PS4 game has a 50th Fastest Completion that is over 6h, and the PS5 version is much less due to obvious autopopping, can we play the PS5 version (not as an autopop ourselves, obviously) and specify what the PS4 50th Fastest is? 

My Initial List of Games:

• 1) Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan
    • From Supermassive Games - the developers of Until Dawn!
    • A "cinematic" survival horror anthology with paranormal elements. 
    • I'm keeping myself mostly blind on the Dark Pictures Anthology games, but the setting for this first game is "what seems to be a ghost ship"
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 2D 3H
  • 2) Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
    • Second game in the anthology, this time with characters who are trapped in a ghost town!
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 1D 10H
  • 3) The Quarry
    • Golly, another Supermassive Games entry on this list ?
    • It's your classic B Horror movie: 9 teenage counselors who have to survive the final night of summer camp, all while avoiding bloodthirsty supernatural creatures and not-so-friendly locals!
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 2D 4H
  • 4) Serial Cleaner
    • This stealth game is a silly entry, for when I want something more light-hearted.
    • You play as a cleaner of murder scenes for The Mob! After all, someone has to clean up after all of the grizzly murders that are probably going to happen in most of my other entries!
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 18H 9M
  • 5) Alan Wake Remastered
    • A thriller game originally released in 2010 and remastered for the PS4 and PS5!
    • Development was influenced by Stephen King works, but also Twin Peaks!
    • Premise is that you play as Stephen King Alan Wake, a successful horror writer, and something supernatural is causing his written works to become real (and aggressive).
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 3D 1H
  • 6) Mass Effect 2 - Legendary Edition
    • It's not a classically spooky, creepy, scary, or spirit-related game, but I'll be playing this in September for the TARDIS Community Event.
    • One common enemy type are Husks. They are technologically-reanimated corpses, so essentially robot zombies, and their design is definitely unsettling.
    • The Alien species known as the Collectors are the primary antagonists of this game. Without giving away too much of the plot, they are involved with the mass abductions of human space colonies. The design of the Collector Ship in its mission is pretty creepy.
    • The Reaper IFF mission has definite spooky vibes, since it takes place in a derelict spaceship. A science team had been investigating it but then stopped communicating... The mission is also full of hoards of Husks, as well as their upgraded versions (Scions) that have an even more disturbing design.
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 1D 14H
  • 7) Mass Effect 3 - Legendary Edition
    • The design of the Banshee enemy type still creeps me the fuck out. 
    • The Ardat Yakshi Monastery mission was very scary for me the first time I played it. There are sections where you are exploring dimly-lit hallways, and you can hear the wailing screams of goddamn Banshees. Oh, and did I mention that our goal is to get *closer* to these Banshees and face them in combat?!
    • Current 50th Fastest Completion: 2D 3H

Those are all of the games that I'll be declaring for now.

Recommendations for Other Participants:

For people who might be looking for less survival-horror/scary inspiration, since Halloween isn't only about the scares! 

• Spiritfarer, which is a game that I'm considering for this event. The game is about helping spirits into the afterlife by confronting their pasts, and Halloween (aka All Hallow's Eve) was originally about remembering the dead and departed. [50th Fastest: 3D 1H]
  • Wytchwood is another more upbeat game, though crafting is a large component of its gameplay. Witches are pretty synonymous with Halloween, at least in western culture. The PS4 version has a 50th Fastest Time of 12h 1M, though I'll also note that a lot of people (including myself on PS5) didn't get their trophies to pop until they exited the game and reloaded it, so just keep that in mind when playing. 
  • Night in the Woods is a delightful game, set in autumn, and even has a Halloween-adjacent festival where characters dress up in costumes! There's also a bit of a mystery in the story. [50th Fastest: 7 Months 2 Hours. 1st Fastest: 1D 6H]

A spooky game:

• Inscryption is a card game with super creepy vibes, but also so much more. If you want to play a weird, mysterious game with some addictive gameplay, then you should consider playing this! Almost everyone who has played it, including myself, recommends that you go into the game with as little knowledge about it as possible. The game is sometimes unsettling, but there is never anything outright scary. Feel free to message me if you want to make sure that there isn't anything in the game that would bother (such as - there aren't any spiders in the game) so you don't accidentally spoil yourself trying to find out. [50th Fastest: 5D 33M]

Honorary Mentions:

• Until Dawn, Horror/Survival, 50th Fastest at 5H 47M ?
Edited by pelagia14
  • Like 4

Damn, this event sounds fun as hell!! The last couple of years I've been trying to play mostly horror themed games during October anyways just to get into the spooky season in my own way, so this event is right up alley. Sign me up!

These are the 3 games I'll be declaring to start off with...

-Doom 2016 (PS4) 50th Fastest Achiever- 6 days, 6 hours; Doom Slayer running around Mars slaughtering hell demons is not only metal af, but also gives fall/October/Halloween vibes to me.

-Nun Massacre (PS4) 50th Fastest Achiever- 1 day, 14 hours; It's a Nun... that massacres people with a knife. 'Nuff said lol.

-Dead Space (PS3) 50th Fastest Achievers- 1 day, 8 hours; Classic Isaac Clarke running around a Necromorph infested Ishimura space ship while trying not to get ripped to shreds is about as horror/Halloween as it gets in my book.

• Like 3

Hi

I was analizing the point rule and...it is weird

"Dead Space (PS5) is at 37% completion with the rarest trophy achieved is Front Towards Enemy at 56.96%. The score of this game will be 37+(100-56.96) = 80.04."

So in a way, the highest the completion the better since it will be add more point to that?

Edit: Oh wait, Completion rate as in your completion on the game, not the completion rate of psn profiles.. forget that I said anything lol I am dumb, sorry.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 4

I think I have my event games sorted out. Now I have to figure out what to play for the next two weeks... ?

Edit: Okay I'm all sorted out. I expect this is my final list for the the event. I'll just see how far I get. 

Locked in Games

• Alien Isolation - 25% - Sci/fi horror. Trapped on a space station with no allies, limited supplies, and a killer xenomorph hunting. 
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night- 10% - Exploring a vampire's castle with lots of ghosts, skeletons, and other ghouls. Very Halloween.

• Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered - 0% - I'm assuming I get to bust investigate haunted places and bust lots of ghosts!

Edited by Spacey_Dweeb
  • Like 1

So in, love the idea and can't wait to see my murder coming a mile away and do nothing to stop it!

1) Vampire the Masquerade: Swansong (PS5) - 0%, 0 of 37 (50th Fastest Completion - 4D 23H)

2) The Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil in Me (PS5) - 35%, 12 of 31 (50th Fastest Completion - 1D 12H)

3) Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) - 74%, 36 of 46 (50th Fastest Completion - 5D 1H)

4) The Callisto Protocol (PS5) - 51%, 24 of 47 (50th Fastest Completion - 5M 6D)

5) Dead Space (PS5) - 0%, 0 of 48 (50th Fastest Completion - 2D 7H)

6) The Quarry (PS4) - 35%, 24 of 41 (50th Fastest Completion - 2D 11H)

Spreadsheet linked and everyone added, games captured. Remember, these are set once you declare them. 

Glad people like the twist. I did not want to host the event if it was just an aesthetic re-skin, like last year. 

Always like seeing Supermassive get represented in this event. I may knock out either The Quarry or The Devil in Me during this event.

Gat Out of Hell and Alien: Isolation are also great adds. Isolation was probably one of my favorite games last year. Nerve-wrecking, but favorite. 

I am still not 100% solid on my first three games. I have plenty of options available, but I am in a weird mentality after sinking 85 hours into a JRPG. I need a little reset.

On 8/11/2023 at 5:04 PM, MAUSZX said:

Just a question... I mean the limiting rule... is it necessary now that the way you score the event is by basically rarity of the game? I mean if you add an EZPZ game is only going to be a negative since the other limitation is that the list is 13 games.... right?

I thought about this for a while. This event rule is borrowed from the Trophy Hunters League and I really liked it. Removes 95% of the super short games and negatively affects less than 5% of the longer games (when discounting autopops).  I still want to nullify the chance of a participant getting halfway to 13 plats between Jumping, Jumping Turbo, Break, Break Head to Head, Fun, Run, etc.

Remember the rarity is just half the score. The completion percentage rewards progress across all declared games. 

• Like 4

An event where I can be eliminated sounds fun. My first 3 declarations are:

Lone Survivor (PS4/Vita) - 0%

2D survival / physiological horror game. Survive and scavenge in a city ravaged by disease, try not to descend into madness. Multiple endings depending on how you play.

50th fastest completion: 10 hours, 41 minutes

Party Hard 2 (PS4) - 0%

In Party Hard 2 (and the original) you are the slasher. Cut your way through hordes of unsuspecting party goers, set devious traps, and evade the cops. Don't forget to dance.

50th fastest completion: Only 10 completions, but the fastest completion is 5 days, 16 minutes for the NA stack, 10th completions is 2+ years.

Savage Halloween (PS4) - 0%

Monsters from the afterlife are stuck on earth after a Halloween party. Run and gun your way through a variety of environments to send them back.

50th fastest completion: 3 months, 6 days

A pretty ambitious first 3 as they are all ultra rare plats.

This looks really cool, I'm in!

I think I can lock in my first eight games:

Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge. Currently 24% complete with a platinum rarity of 3.52%. It has zombies, werewolves and other creatures in it.

FEAR 3. Currently 4% complete with a platinum rarity of 2.50%. There's a demon ghost girl in it alongside supernatural terrors.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Currently 20% complete with a platinum rarity of 3.78% (100% rarity of 1.78%). You fight undead hordes. I'm trying to work toward getting all the platinums in this series so picking two for this event is a good motivator!

Dark Pictures: Man of Medan. 0% complete with a platinum rarity of 7.98%. Supermassive games will probably be a popular pick for this and I had to join in. There's a good chance that I add another one as a later entry for the event.

Resident Evil 6. 30% complete with a platinum rarity of 11.94% (100% rarity of 1.77%). More zombies, more Resident Evil completion :)

Alan Wake Remastered. 0% complete with a platinum rarity of 13.15% (100% rarity of 6.66% :devil:) Fighting monsters with the power of light, and references the work of horror writers like Stephen King.

Dead Space 3. 31% complete with a platinum rarity of 4.13% (100% rarity of 2.03%). Space zombies, lots of gore, a bit of resource management.

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. 37% complete with a platinum rarity of 0.92%. In this game your character uses a wicked looking blade and stealth skills to hide in the dark and attack from the shadows. It is kind of like being the stalker in a horror movie, in that sense.

Edited by VersusCA
Percentages + rationales for chosen games.
  • Like 2

I'll volunteer myself as sacrifice, as there's very little chance I'll be able to keep up. Here are my three lock-ins:

1. Hogwarts Legacy (PS5). Currently at 4%. Pathetic I haven't gotten this higher...or even touched it since February. But wizards and magic are Halloween-y.
  2. Inscryption. I was going to play this anyway. It's spooky, right?
  3. Uh...give me a couple weeks.
  • Like 3

On 8/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, MAUSZX said:

Stubbs the Zombie: You are a zombie roming around the city, that is halloween enough.

The Persistence (ps5): horror themed the thumbnail on the game looks creepy.

Saints Row Gat out of hell (ps4) Well you go to hell, sure that is enough reason.

So time to add more games:

4.- ERICA. It is a Thriller, so it fits the event, I have never played it, since I was waiting to play it with my Gf, now wife, so now that we live together might as well give it a go.

5.- Deathloop. You live in a nightmare, living the same day every day, until you kill a bunch of people, and those people are actually killers so is not easy. Personally I think that is enough to make it fit. Also this game is going to be removed from the Psplus extra library, so I really need to give it a go. I have 0% progress at the moment, but I might give it a little bit of progress because of the removal date.

6.- Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge. Zombies attacking a city, kinda strategy game. I have 10% of progress, so I might as well do it now. Might be helpful to have a Vita game in this list.

Well, here goes my list:

1. Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered, because I ain't afraid of no ghosts.

2. Alan Wake Remastered, it's a horror game

3. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, because horror

I already have some ideas to continue, but will add them as the event goes.

• Like 1

I'm down to participate. 3 I'm locked into doing are:

Dead Space 3 - 70% - 5th game in the Space Horror franchise 

Organ Quarter - 0% - Survival Horror 

Fobia: St. Dinfna Hotel (PS5) - 0% - Supernatural paranormal Horror

10 Games that could change:

Resident Evil Code Veronica X - 0% - Zombie horror survival
Bad Dreams - 0% - paranormal horror
The Room VR: Dark Matter (PS5) - 0% - Paranormal horror escape room
Surv1v3 PS5 - 0% - Zombie horror survival
Last Labyrinth PS5 - 0% - Psychological Horror Escape Room 
Kowloon's Gate VR: Suzaku - 0% - Paranormal Horror
Severed - 3% - Horror Metroidvania
Claire: Extended Cut - 3% - Retro Pixel Horror
Final Fantasy X-2 HD - 9% - Tons and tons of costume changes and collecting costumes
Stifled - 6% - Psychological Horror

Edited by KyonKuchiki

On 8/19/2023 at 11:50 AM, KyonKuchiki said:

I'm down to participate. 3 I'm locked into doing are:

Dead Space 3 - 70% - 5th game in the Space Horror franchise 

Organ Quarter - 0% - Survival Horror 

Fobia: St. Dinfna Hotel (PS5) - 0% - Supernatural paranormal Horror

10 Games that could change:

Resident Evil Code Veronica X - 0% - Zombie horror survival
Bad Dreams - 0% - paranormal horror
The Room VR: Dark Matter (PS5) - 0% - Paranormal horror escape room
Surv1v3 PS5 - 0% - Zombie horror survival
Last Labyrinth PS5 - 0% - Psychological Horror Escape Room 
Kowloon's Gate VR: Suzaku - 0% - Paranormal Horror
Severed - 3% - Horror Metroidvania
Claire: Extended Cut - 3% - Retro Pixel Horror
Final Fantasy X-2 HD - 9% - Tons and tons of costume changes and collecting costumes
Stifled - 6% - Psychological Horror

This is the final warning for anyone posting. Declaring games is final there is no swap. You only need to pick 3 to sign up, no need to pick all 13 before the event starts. You can add games 4-13 during the event. 

Also Claire does not meet the 50th fastest speed rule.

Everyone has been updated, sans the 10 additional for @KyonKuchiki. I will add the qualifying games to your list in a couple of days if you do not post.

Also, please do not edit old posts after updates. I am not checking thru old posts for additions. Just make a new post. :)

I am still pending to commit to my 3 games. I have a pool of about 25 games that I think would fit well for this event, but can't yet muster up the courage to just pick 3.

16 minutes ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Also Claire does not meet the 50th fastest speed rule.

Everyone has been updated, sans the 10 additional for @KyonKuchiki. I will add the qualifying games to your list in a couple of days if you do not post.

My bad then. I guess other 3+9 are fine for now, and I'll figure out the 10th as the event goes on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KyonKuchiki said:

My bad then. I guess other 3+9 are fine for now, and I'll figure out the 10th as the event goes on.

Ok - I have set your 12 games listed. Thank you for the quick confirmation.

19 minutes ago, CorgiBootyy said:

This sounds fun, before I choose my games to commit, what are the rules around unreleased games? I know I'll be playing a ton of Mortal Kombat 1 next month, so can I put that in my initial commit list or will I have to add it in after release?

Same rules apply. If the game ends up being somehow short enough where the 50 fastest plats are under 6 hours it won't count. When you declare the game, it will stick to your list.

On 8/20/2023 at 2:26 PM, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Same rules apply. If the game ends up being somehow short enough where the 50 fastest plats are under 6 hours it won't count. When you declare the game, it will stick to your list.

Sounds good! I'll sign up with that before I figure out the rest of the games, haven't started any of these yet.

Mortal Kombat 1 (PS5) - Not released yet, but I'll be surprised if it ends up being one of the fastest fighting game plats ever.

Dead Space (PS5) - Can't wait to play this again.

The Sinking City (PS4) - Looks like a cool game with some mystery and Lovecraftian monsters/themes.

Edited by CorgiBootyy

Alright adding 3 new declarations to my previous 3.

Previous declarations:
Lone Survivor (PS4/PS3/Vita) - 0%

Party Hard 2 (PS4) - 0%

Savage Halloween (PS4) - 0%

New declarations:

The Exorcist: Legion VR (PS4/VR1) - 0%

Classic book turned iconic movie turned VR game. A series of distinct yet connected stories about demons.

50th fastest completion: 2 years, 2 weeks for the 36th completion. That is as far as it goes for the NA stack that I have.

Dead Space Extraction (PS3) - 7%

The critically acclaimed but very poor selling rail shooter prequel to the original Dead Space. Horror and rail shooters go hand in hand in my opinion.
50th fastest completion: 1 day, 10 hours

Inscryption (PS4) - 0%

I don't know much about this aside from it being a horror themed card game. Looking forward to it after all the acclaim though.

50th fastest completion: 1 week, 10 hours

Edited by MrHealthy
Added that the completion for exorcist is the NA stack.