Spooky games season!

ValhoZero

7 minutes ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

I really miss good horror games. Haven’t played one in a long time that really scares me. I hope for a release of Madison VR in October. Other than that October will be the month for Assassins Creed, Hot Wheels 2 , Spiderman 2 mainly. 

I can recommend Visage and Signalis if you haven't played them already.

• Like 1

Not sure, I plan on getting a Halloween Plat, but I haven't decided which game that will be yet...got to finish Anthem first. I was originally thinking Resident Evil 2 Remake, but I'm not an RE fan, I'm not a veteran of the series and what required of the Plat and being a newbie I don't know if I can achieve it in time, might need to be a game I play without a deadline. 

Alan Wake Remastered might be a good one, Amnesia: The Collection was also being considered. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Also have to finish off RE4 at some point, hate the shooting range so

that’s making me not want to. 

Just so you know, the shooting range S rank is very, very forgiving, I got it without really trying tbh, there are some good videos on the internet about the best weapon approach. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Just so you know, the shooting range S rank is very, very forgiving, I got it without really trying tbh, there are some good videos on the internet about the best weapon approach. 

Yeah to be fair I only tried the first level of the shooting range twice and failed both times, then gave up.  I just always hate shooting ranges in every game 

As a massive horror games coward, I was going to bite the bullet and get the Resi 4 Remake in the recent sale. Heard really good things about it and do want to play it at some point...but then I went and bought Paleo Pines instead.

Dinosaurs are scary and the amount of time I sank into Farmville back in the day definitely was.

Anyways, this might be the year I push myself to complete at least one run of the 2015 Resident Evil. Phasmophobia also comes out potentially at the end of this month and that's a game a lot of my friends play on PC so if it's crossplay, I'll likely pick it up.

• Like 1

The powerful urge to replay Bloodborne every single autumn is really hitting me right now. I’m hopefully going to finish up RE7 since I’ve been meaning to finish it for YEARS now & hopefully Lies of P. I strongly suggest SIGNALIS to everyone. The eerie vibe/music and great gameplay for sure remind me of horror games of my childhood. Plus you can 100% it in like 2 days so it’s perfect for spoopy time.

• Like 1

Most probably the new Lords of the Fallen. Art designer Alex Chaudret said the manga Berserk is a part of LOTF's inspiration. More dark than Dark Souls? That's what the previews led me to believe.

I'll recommend Nioh 1 and 2. One gameplay element I like in 2 is that you can steal an ability from Yokai you kill by purifying and equipping their Soul Cores.

• Like 1

I bought a couple of games recently called Extreme Exorcism and Savage Halloween. Both of those I'm saving for later in October.

Also got Goosebumps: The Game sitting in my library that I haven't got around to finishing yet.

There's some other horror games I bought on sale a while back I can't remember the names of, but I'll dig through for those and play them probably. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...