Music playlist suggestions for when someone needs help

BIOHAZARD-R-US

I don’t know how much attention this will get being in the Off Topic section, but I’m sort of in desperate need of help. I’ve been having a lot of things in my life fall apart in catastrophic ways this year and I’m struggling to carry on.

Before anyone asks, I’m fine in terms of “permanent decisions”, but it’s still an incredibly dark time that I’ve been stuck in since the end of January. Things have certainly gotten better in some aspects, but drastically worse in others, and the friends I normally can talk to are not really there anymore, and I don’t really have anywhere else to turn. So I’m here. 

I love my music. I listen to music probably half my waking hours, maybe more. I typically listen to rock and metal, anything from The Beatles or CCR, to Last Days of Humanity or Abominable Putridity. I’ve got some select country, hip hop and pop songs I’ll occasionally put on, but not really

my thing. Despite that, what I’m looking for help with is creating a massive playlist of many different genres of music with the sole focus of sparking perseverance (Hatebreed is inspirational metal), resiliency, motivation, etc. I don’t have Spotify at the moment because my phone doesn’t like to maintain Bluetooth connection to my car while using it, but YouTube links would be greatly appreciated. 

If you have some dark, broody sad songs to recommend too, I’ll take those for when I inevitably need something to relate to. Thank you in advance, and I hope anyone that’s struggling right now finds peace amidst the storm.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

I don’t know how much attention this will get being in the Off Topic section

I moved this to the Media section as I think it might be a better fit there, as well as slightly amending the title for better clarity. I hope you don't mind.

• Like 1

My go-tos are Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Death Grips and CASISDEAD.

A few random picks:

• Yes - "Roundabout"
  • Ahmad - "Back in the Day"
  • Barefoot Jerry - "Smokies"
  • Redman, Method Man & Cypress Hill - "Cisco Kid"
  • Tribe Called Quest - "Scenario"

If you're looking for something more high-energy, click my sig.

Some indie sad songs:

Beabadobee - Coffee (original) / Dissappear

The Drums - I Don't know how to love

Passion Pit - The Reeling

Stereophonics - Dakota

Delphic - Counterpoint

BENEE - Blu

Billie Eilish - listen before i go / when the party is over

Other more famous of any genre:

Paul McCartney - Junk

Nirvana - All Apologies (acoustic)

Maneskin - The Loneliest

Tourniquet - Evanescence

Komm Susser Tod (from Evangelion)

I'm really sorry you feel this way. I also discovered years ago that some people that were supposed to be there, never cared. It's always better to look into what you'll do tomorrow, trying to build new memories, connecting with other people. Eventually, you replace them with lovely memories. The year is still not over and you got this.

Edited by Jeanolt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you for the replies. I made a status post but I think I may have developed PTSD from what has transpired over the last few months. I'm struggling to be able to find someone professional to talk to due to insurance complications, and I'm just looking to know more about that, and Post-Traumatic Growth Syndrome as well. If anyone has any direct experience with this and are comfortable sharing, please PM me. Not to air too much out here but this community is a comforting place for me, and last night was an absolutely atrocious night.

1 minute ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

My friend has been pushing me hard to get my ass to a Beartooth concert. Turns out I've been diagnosed with PTSD, which explains a lot of the struggles I've been going through. I appreciate this community, and there are some amazing people I've gotten the chance to interact with:

@HuntingFever @Helyx @BlindMango @draqilo @Roronora_Zoro666 @Charizarzar @JCP3953 @Jeanolt and all the helpful and generous gamers I've made friends with through boosting sessions and forum chats. Thank you to everyone here, and as I always say: be kind to one another, check on your friends and love ones, and remember to breathe.

If you want some great tunes to take your mind off life, pretty much anything from Queen or one of Freddie Mercury's solo albums will do the trick :). Susan Boyle is another good pick as well.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

My friend has been pushing me hard to get my ass to a Beartooth concert. Turns out I've been diagnosed with PTSD, which explains a lot of the struggles I've been going through. I appreciate this community, and there are some amazing people I've gotten the chance to interact with:

@HuntingFever @Helyx @BlindMango @draqilo @Roronora_Zoro666 @Charizarzar @JCP3953 @Jeanolt and all the helpful and generous gamers I've made friends with through boosting sessions and forum chats. Thank you to everyone here, and as I always say: be kind to one another, check on your friends and love ones, and remember to breathe.

Thanks you.

• Like 2

PTSD is hard, but many people is able to improve over time, with therapy, recognizing their triggers, meditation, and a looot of work on yourself, which will help you a lot.

I hope you can find the happiness you deserve💕

Edited by Jeanolt