Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 should be unlinked from their PS3 counterparts due to very different lists

They are the same games. MGS3 has the same trophy list plus 6 new added trophies. MGS2 added trophies as well, 11 new trophies (actually one has a different requirement: "Tell Me a Tale"), and 5 trophies were removed in comparison to the PS3/Vita list.

Aside from those few changes the lists are basically the same. I'd leave the new stacks in the same stages as their PS3/Vita counterparts if it were up to me. 

MGS Delta will probably have its own stage though.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

You can't unlink Guides from specific stacks, because it's not an ability afforded by the forum software so unfortunately, you're stuck with that situation as it currently stands :(:

12 hours ago, BlindMango said:

It's a side-effect of the lists getting linked together, unfortunately we can't tell the site to not show guides on certain lists when they're linked.

I don't remember though, if it's actually possible to unlink lists from each other without causing more problems but @BlindMango can explain the situation a lot better than I can.

There is a similiar scenario with the Metro series. Metro Last Light has different trophy lists for PS3 and PS4 but they are still placed in the same stage category of the Metro series page:

https://psnprofiles.com/series/166-metro

The same happens with Payday 2 PS3 & PS4 versions:

https://psnprofiles.com/series/191-payday

If you mean to unlink the MGS2 & MGS3 from their PS3/Vita counterparts, I'm not sure about that since both Metro Last Light and Payday 2 have almost completely different lists, same as Shadow of the Colossus Ps4 from their PS3 counterpart. 

MGS3 PS4/PS5 lists retain all of the previous 46 trophies and add 6 new trophies than the PS3/Vita versions, while MGS2 had removed 5 trophies from the PS3/Vita versions and added 10 new trophies  and changed the requirement of one trophy ("Tell Me a Tale"), most of MGS2 trophies are still the same.

Edited by Deceptrox

They're almost the same list. The only difference I noticed was that this MGS2 doesn't require you to complete all VR missions and Snake Tales for the platinum, just to get gold on 50 of the VR missions and complete 1 Snake Tale.

For getting the Big Boss/Fox Hound rank, a separate guide could be made, although they exist already in other sites like Gamefaqs. 

I don't know what they mean with "story compendium" though. The digital novel? If so, no need for a guide to get that trophy then. 

Edited by LorenzoLame
  • Like 1

Just leave it as it is, it is hella fitting that the metal gear series, given how chaotic and absurd it is to begin with, would have a rather confusing arrangement between all the different versions across all the different consoles with confusion about guides to boot, only adds to the overall metal gear experience

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Can someone remind me how the PSNP website sorts the games?

IE: if I platinum the PS5 first and the PS4 version second, which one will stay on top?

(Assuming an alphabetical sorting)

Thanks.

A game with the same name, ps4 and ps5 version, will stay together due to alphabetical sorting, but their position (up or down) will be always randomized, because looks like that the site currently cannot diferenciate them well since they have the same name or at least cannot make one or another appear first in our trophy lists. BlindMango explained it to me in the past, I'm sorry if I'm not passing the information precisely, hopefully someone or himself could explain it better. It would be nice having a set rule that would make ps4 or ps5 games appear first, but I don't know if that would be possible. 

• Like 3

Why does this thread even have to exist? Many other games have re-releases of the exact same game but changed trophies, and they’re in the same stage/group.

The solution would be to insert “PS5” and “PS4” in the thread title to confuse less.

Edited by MaxieM0us3

Shared forums are fine, but I can see how an old guide could confuse a newcomer. Maybe new trophy guides can solve the issue. There are games with multiple guides on the site already, and these two remasters could use new ones. The player will just select the guide according to the version. 

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ZodiacWolve said:

I would prefer if they added the ‘HD Collection’ title to the PS3/Vita trophy lists, and re-added the ‘Master Collection Version’ title to the PS4/5 trophy lists to differentiate between them.

Ugh no

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slava said:

Shared forums are fine, but I can see how an old guide could confuse a newcomer. Maybe new trophy guides can solve the issue. There are games with multiple guides on the site already, and these two remasters could use new ones. The player will just select the guide according to the version. 

For this the guides could just be updated to have a identification if it applies for PS3, PS4, PS5 and/or Vita. This way the same guide could be used for multiple versions or excluded if it's not the same requirements.

• Like 2