SOULCALIBUR Lost Swords for free on PS Store EU

BrunoBomb

Don't push your luck guys, it doesn't even work yet. You can download it, but everytime you press start at the title screen, you'll only get an error message pushing you back out.

Worked fine for me an hour ago, my kids have taken over my ps3 now though so i dunno if i can connect right now.

Yay!! I'm excited about it, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the character list is not closed, is it? I watched some videos welcoming Hilde and Taki among others after the game had already released in Japan. 

well, the character list is not closed probably because it's a free-to play, so we have to wait for the micro transactions related to the core game. 

• Like 1

well, the character list is not closed probably because it's a free-to play, so we have to wait for the micro transactions related to the core game. 

Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks for the info :)

Free to play? Are you sure? From what i've heard you need to purchase coins in order to continue to play...

Where did you hear that? As far as I'm concerned, it's a free-to-play with microtransactions, but maybe it's gonna be a free-to-play for a limited period of time.....

Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks for the info :)

Where did you hear that? As far as I'm concerned, it's a free-to-play with microtransactions, but maybe it's gonna be a free-to-play for a limited period of time.....

From Official Wiki. You need to purchase "tokens"

Edited by DeathNyx

Well if it's like Tekken Revolution you will be able to play 3-5 fights a day and then need tokens to play more. The article says single player only tho which is pretty wack for a fighting game. I'm gonna hold off on this until I learn a little more about what it takes for 100%. Still think it's pretty cool tho.

Does anyone have a good idea of how these tokens work? Is one token worth one continue? Do you get a free daily amount? And if so how much? Those kind of questions. It sounds cool but until I know how exactly the system works I'm a bit anxious to be starting what I may not finish for a long time without spending a lot of cash.

No worries guys, this game is pretty easy to get 100 % on.

If you check my profile you can see I got it in 2 days, and that's just me being lazy. Could've done it in about 5 hours.

You don't need to spend cash in order to get 100 % on it at all.

Oh well sheeeit, guess I'l download it then :)

This game doesn't use Tokens (like TR use), in this one you have an AP pool (like action points), that you spend to enter events, the harder the event the more expensive it is. And they refresh 1 AP per 3 minutes (and there's AP drinks that will fully refill the AP, said drinks are awarded 1 per day from a mission, and at times as login bonus)..

Really if anything needs to be bought is Continue tickets, and those are awarded the same way as the AP potions, but in my playtime with the JP version, they will be consumed much faster.

The pay aspect in the game comes from those 2 things, but mainly for extra armor and weapons (that have a higher chance of being of higher rarity, and are more sexy...)

As for the Characters, if it's like the JP version, you only get the one you choose at the start, and then there's a set of quests to unlock the other characters (in the JP version only Sophitia, Mitsurugi and Siegfried were permanent quests, the others were quests that were available for 2 weeks or so after that, I think that it's impossible to unlock them).

Still easy to 100% for free.

Edit: Finely played a bit, it's just like the JP version (not sure if there's only 3 characters to choose from at the start, since the JP player info is used in the EU version too, so I didn't start from scratch), and the events to get both Ivy and Taki are online until the 6th or 7th of next month.

As a note for those who played the JP version outside of Japan, the long load times are still present (not sure if they aren't slightly longer..), so not really sure if it's worth playing after getting the 100%.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Don't push your luck guys, it doesn't even work yet. You can download it, but everytime you press start at the title screen, you'll only get an error message pushing you back out.

i remember this happen to me with the japanese version, the game only allows me to try out the tutorial mode and then after that it goes to the start screen, each time i started the game it send me to a loop with an error message that takes me back to the start screen over and over again, never knew what the hell is going on, i delete it and i'm downloading the EU version now.

the time when the japanese version was running the game is butchered with loading screens, kinda frustrating. 

Its actually 3.4GB in size (its larger then Tekken Revolution) and requires an active internet connection to even play.  I have the NA release and this game doesn't work anything like Tekken Revolution.

My Player Code: 5432422793

Edited by Shaun