Games you think could make a good movie?

RadiantFlamberge

On 11/6/2023 at 12:37 AM, Charizarzar said:

The Deus Ex series

I agree with this. Given the chronological order, they should do a couple films of the Jensen saga first (Human Revolution/Mankind Divided), then follow up with the Denton stories (DX1, Invisible War).

It's been said that Eidos Montreal is actually in an early stage of work on a new DX game, as of May 2022. Embracer has mulled the idea of bringing the franchise back with sequels, spinoffs, remakes, and remasters. A good sign. Hopefully the sequel that Square Enix rejected will be back on track.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 6:51 PM, bearable-one76 said:

A while back I would have said the Uncharted series, but that didn't really work out as well as I'd hoped :(

I agree here lol. Although I like both Tom/Mark they just didn't do it for me as Nate/Sully. That's my biggest gripe with the movie. I know they can't just find someone who looks the most similar because they're in it to make money and draw in non gamers with star power but Nathan Fillon, J.K Simmons would have been perfect. Kristen Bell would be my perfect Elena. 

I know it would be boring for us gamers but they could easily just take the plots to each game and mirror it almost 100% to the big screen. I don't make movies so maybe It's a dumb idea but all the games felt like one big action adventure movie to me while I was playing them. I feel that idea would have been much better even with the same actors they used for that dud of a movie they called Uncharted. I think that's why The Last of Us series was actually a hit. They mirrored the game decently and if they managed to do that for season 2 I'm on board for it. Although I'm still mad they killed of Bill. I almost stopped watching it there lol.... 😡

One of my biggest disappointments for Video games adapted to live action has been the Halo series on paramount. Talk about just straight up taking a dump on 20 years of lore, loyal fans and a once great franchise. Actors were fine but the story just made it pointless to have read dozens of books over the years getting into the extended lore/universe. 

Tenchu - a movie would be nice, but it might be better suited to a TV series.  Start with adapting Tenchu 2, to show the formation of the Azuma Ninja, and the follow up with the other games.

BioShock - maybe a series would be best, showing the rise of Rapture prior to the events of the first game.

Life Is Strange - could be plenty of potential for either adapting the games, or creating original stories set in the LIS universe.

Heavy Rain - it's practically a movie already.  Only downside to it would be that anyone who's played the game will know what's going to happen, unless the film hit us with an all-new ending.

Metal Gear Solid - again, a series would work best here, as your average MGS game just has far too much story to be packed into a single film.

Resistance - great potential there for a few films.

Edited by StewartBros
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 8:35 AM, Silver-I-Chariot said:

This but unironically. They already made Gran Turismo movie as an advertisement to their games. So why not use the same concept for jumping burgers? An aging trophy nerd (played by Adam Sandler) has played so many jumping food games that he is chosen by Sony to take part in a real life cooking competition. Along with fellow trophy nerds (played by Kevin James, Rob Schneider, David Spade, and his RL wife) he is determined to prove to everyone that jumping food games are a realistic cooking simulation and have made him the best cook in the world.

what was that movie adam sandler did as a games nerd Pixels 

its being done isnt it ? ghost of tsushima

• 2 months later...

King of Fighters, but rebooted as a cel-shaded CGI movie based on Shinkiro's art style. Reboot? Yes, the 2009 live action one doesn't deserve a sequel. I didn't think it was faithful enough to the KOF world building in the games. A new one should deal with the Orochi saga (94-97), with maybe a few liberties taken on plot. The character of Rugal and his villainy should be explored in a little more detail (look to Bond villains for inspiration), and the Ikari Warriors should get a major role.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge