Games you think could make a good movie?

RadiantFlamberge

Are there any games you think could make a good movie? I'm not usually into the idea of games being made into movies, but there have got to be some that could work.

I pick Robotron: 2084 for one. Retro games allow more room for imagination. This is on various Williams/Midway arcade packs. Robo's storyline about robots turning on humans could make a good one. Warner Brothers owns this IP. They should get someone to do it as an R-rated sci-fi/action/horror. Have a few hope spots, but end the movie on a bleak note. Look at Matrix Revolutions for a little inspiration... the Wachowskis went all-out and chose to depict the horrors and tragedy of war. In Robotron:2084, Brain robots try to reprogram humans into cyber zombies, or "Progs". There's something which could be played for scares in the movie.

Spoiler

Downer ending confirmed. Another Williams game, Blaster says in its opening demo "It is the year 2085. The Robotrons have destroyed the human race. You escape in a stolen space shuttle." So, have the Robotrons win and the ending play out j ust like that.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

I've always thought Bioshock would be awesome as a movie if done properly, and with the same care that went into making the games. I'd love to see what Rapture would look like brought to life on the big screen. I also wouldn't be mad if someone like HBO picked it up and made a show out of it not unlike TLOU. 

• Like 4

A God of War movie or series made with the visual style of 300, but not live action. Animated all the way.

39 minutes ago, LukeTheGooner said:

the jumping banana

I second that. Directed by Woody Allen 😎

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

I'll even pick the director's for each.

Ghostwire: Tokyo - Hideaki Anno

Zone of Enders - Jordan Vogt-Roberts

Child of Light - Greta Gerwig

Transistor - Alex Garland

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Zack Snyder

L.A Noire - Guy Ritchie

In Sound Mind - Zack Snyder

VA-11 Hall-A - Sofia Coppola

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 4

I think iO interactives Freedom Fighters released in 2003, would make for a good movie if done correctly.

In an alternate time line, the Soviet Union occupies New York City.  And Christopher Stone, the a plumber turned Resistance Fighter known as the Freedom Phantom takes the fight back to them.  

Some of the games set pieces were great for its time.  The sewers, a snowy New York city, and depending on your renown you could recruit several resistance Fighters.  It was great.  

Edited by NxtDoc
Spelling

2 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

the jumping banana

This but unironically. They already made Gran Turismo movie as an advertisement to their games. So why not use the same concept for jumping burgers? An aging trophy nerd (played by Adam Sandler) has played so many jumping food games that he is chosen by Sony to take part in a real life cooking competition. Along with fellow trophy nerds (played by Kevin James, Rob Schneider, David Spade, and his RL wife) he is determined to prove to everyone that jumping food games are a realistic cooking simulation and have made him the best cook in the world.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

An aging trophy nerd (played by Adam Sandler) has played so many jumping food games that he is chosen by Sony to take part in a real life cooking competition. Along with fellow trophy nerds (played by Kevin James, Rob Schneider, David Spade, and his RL wife) he is determined to prove to everyone that jumping food games are a realistic cooking simulation and have made him the best cook in the world.

Fantastic, but I’d prefer a Pixels 2.

Sadly Video games that get turned into TV Movies are always massive flops, because they don't have the same atmosphere that the video games have.  So we have plenty of great video games but in movie form they would end up garbage.   Now the other way around is a different subject, plenty of great movies and television as long as they well written of course, could possibly have potential for a Video Game or not. 

OK, here goes:

Army Men (animated) - directed by John Lasseter

Dead Space (live action) - directed by David Cronenberg

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls (live action) - directed by Guillermo del Toro

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (live action) - directed by Ari Aster

Hogs of War (animated) - directed by Edgar Wright

Max Payne (live action) - directed by John Woo

Postal (live action) - directed by Quentin Tarantino

Prototype (live action) - directed by John Carpenter

Steambot Chronicles (animated) directed by Hayao Miyazaki

Vigilante 8 (live action) - directed by George Miller

• Like 1