Games you think could make a good movie?

RadiantFlamberge

14 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

A God of War movie or series made with the visual style of 300, but not live action. Animated all the way.

I second that. Directed by Woody Allen 😎

How did we both think to that detail? I saw when he first posted this with no comments and my first thought was god of war but have it like the 300 movie type of style. Also unless the movies were super long i think itd have to be a trilogy or greater. 

• Like 1

Apparently a Days Gone movie has been in the works for a little while now and I’m all for it. But tbh I’m not sure if that’s because I feel it would translate well into a fun movie or because I’m currently binge watching Sons of Anarchy again and so the idea of a gruff biker dude riding around killing zombies doesn’t seem like such a bad idea atm. 🤷‍♂️

If it does happen, I just hope they do a good job with it and make a decent film. If it’s good enough it just might revive enough attention in the IP for Sony to green light a sequel.

• Like 1

Now I just thought about Streets of Rage. Being lighter on story, it comes down to the atmosphere and the martial arts action. A little story could be added to the movie without breaking canon. They could get away with PG-13 for this, since the 4 games in the series are T rated. Maybe an animated style similar to A Scanner Darkly might work here.

A SoR 3 movie should stick to the plot of the original Japanese version. The USA one is watered way down.

• Like 1

Ghostwire Tokyo as a horror movie would be pretty cool. 

I would also like to see an FF13 trilogy movie, as that game had a lot of cutscenes and I liked the story. 

Any of the Tales games. Zestiria and Vesperia both had movies, so I think any of the others would make good movies. I would personally like Berseria and Xillia 1 and 2

• Like 2

Arguably most games could be made into great movies/series, I’d love to see GoW, Days Gone, Horizon, etc; just to name a few.

But by judging most renditions to date, my pick would be none, because the movie industry seems incapable of making a great movie based on a video game.

Just how many attempts at the Resident Evil franchise does the film industry want squander before they make one worthy of the time it takes to watch it?

The mind set is a wrong in the movie industry when talking video games, just take a look at what happened with  Henry Cavill and The Witcher. 
Not to say all have been terrible, I somewhat enjoyed D&D, Witcher was great, but I won’t be watching it now out of principle, and TLoU started amazingly, but too much has been cut due to a pathetic choice to cram Ellie and Joel’s journey into 9h of screen time, only highlighted by the fact some of that crucial time has been wasted, which would be fine in a 23-26h series, we’re it not for pivotal and fundamentally important parts of the journey, or the ever growing bond between the characters we love on that journey, having to be cut to make way for a pointless love story.

Beyond these though, the candlelight dims

• Like 1

Discworld Noir They made good live action Discworld movies before, so I think this could work.

Signalis made as an episode like film similar to Animatrix, only that for this film, they only hire studios that had a field day with symbolism and /or experimental storytelling in the past like Gainax (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Madhouse (Texhnolyze) and Triangle Staff (Serial Experiments Lain).

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 8:35 AM, Silver-I-Chariot said:

An aging trophy nerd (played by Adam Sandler) has played so many jumping food games that he is chosen by Sony to take part in a real life cooking competition. Along with fellow trophy nerds (played by Kevin James, Rob Schneider, David Spade, and his RL wife) he is determined to prove to everyone that jumping food games are a realistic cooking simulation and have made him the best cook in the world.

I'm sold! Someone get this concept off the ground! Let's also have a cameo spot for Hakoom in the movie.

On 11/4/2023 at 3:32 PM, Slava said:

So something like this?

Oh man, I used to love watching videos like those back in the day. Mirrors Edge totally got me interested in the whole parkour thing. I think the fact it's story isn't too overly significant in game means it's probably the better suited to a movie adaptation too which would be awesome. (I find those more story specific games struggle more transitioning because of how differently the mediums approach storytelling).

I'll throw a bit of a random one out there because you can get wild with the stunts and the settings and it'd make for another one of those totally dumb but fun guilty pleasure watches... a Trials themed movie. Some super over the top movie about a group of bike riders trying to make a name for themselves in some tournament or event that takes them to all kind of wild exotic courses that defy physics xD have your typical nonsense beef and relationships among competitors, the unlikeable arrogant multi-time champion, some random generic love interest or something, the 'comedic' goofball who barely scrapes by, eventually eliminated when it gets 'serious' and becomes the main characters close friend lol. Have ridiculous stunts where a character isn't quite going to make it so a fellow competitor falls back, locks wheels, does some kind of flip and flings them back on course xD y'know, Fast and Furious type shit.

• Like 2

Having just finished Alan Wake for the first time, I think that could be made into a good thriller. 

Alien Isolation would make a perfect pre/sequel in-between Alien and Aliens for an amazing trilogy. Could be a good way to soft reboot the series. 

Dead Space, something in the Fallout universe, Ghostbusters The Video Game, countless others really. 

• Like 1