Metal From Around the World

Kittens Are Awesome

I love all kinds of music. One of my favorite genres is metal. I like classic and nu metal (not Limp Biscuit). I've naturally heard metal from America and Mexico, which are awesome. I think it would be neat for people from all over the world to share what metal sounds like in their region. I've heard a bit from Germany and the Netherlands. Probably the most famous European metal band is Rammstein.

Aside from NA and EU, I'm extremely curious if there are any African, North, South, East, or West, countries with a metal scene, as well as India. We never hear anything from those regions here.

Here's a couple of my favorite American metal songs:

• Like 2

I prefer bands with a groove metal element:

Ektomorf - Hungary

Eths - France

Burn Damage - Portugal

Kataklysm - Canada

Mecaclimb - Norway

Mindead - Germany

Torture Killer - Finland

Psycho Choke - Greece

Magnus Wakander - Sweden

Debauchery - Germany

I could probably go on for a while...

Here's a fun one:

Edited by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR
typo, added video
  • Like 2

Yeah I got a couple that I think would fit this. We used to listen to a lot of punk and metal from around the world when I was a teenager and those tastes have permeated into adulthood somewhat.

So my friends tell me this is Italian hardcore punk/metal band Raein (pronounced Rine or Ranine according to the people who introduced me). I thought this one was pretty sweet and learned the main riff on guitar because it's just really unique and exciting.

This is a Russian metal band, another one I really enjoyed as a teen. Neither of these bands have much of a trace online from what I can see, so I'm thankful to say the least that I have records from them.

• Like 2

I shall throw out a VERY niche metal band which I love. I'm not sure exactly what country the band overall would be considered, as the members are from Ukraine, Russia and Belarus. Anyway, this is a band called Feelament, they are independent as they don't belong to a label and have been actively making music since 2014. 

Also, I'd like to mention Obscure Sphinx, a metal band from Poland (we have many great metal bands from Poland: Acid Drinkers, Behemoth, Hate, Vader, etc)

• Like 2

Well then, have some more Japanese metal goodness.

Nemophila

Broken by the Scream

PassCode

Lovebites

Unlucky Morpheus

Bridear

Ladybaby

Ironbunny

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 3

A few of my personal favorites from various regions of the world...

Crystal Lake -Japanese Metalcore 

Thy Art is Murder -  Australian Deathcore 

Make Them Suffer -  More Aussie Deathcore 

Within Destruction - Slovanian Deathcore (formally; Now they're more on the metalcore side of thing) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SmileSlice said:

Bloodywood is an Indian street metal group, and Skindred are Welsh and fuses reggae with metal.

What prompted me to make this thread was a buddy in S. India. A random thought popped into my head. I asked him if he knew of a metal schene there. He said no. I thought that wasn't right. Over 2B people and no metal scene? No way. I showed him that Ari Ari video. His mind was blown.

I've been watching all of these videos in this thread, by the way. 

This topic is going amazing, well metal form around the world that i know:

Mago de oz Spain, A band you love it or you hate it, no middle term, very popular in the 90s and also in the 00s, people usually tend to bash or praise the flute and violin:

Angeles del infierno Spain One of the most popular metal bands of spanish metal, badass lyrics, and people love them because they perform in basically anywhere where they have a mic and and an amp

QBO mexico rock band with great lyrics and great sound and quality

• Like 1

About 3 or 4 years ago now... I went on a quest for 'new' music ... 'new' meaning to me, obviously. As I've gotten older I'm bored of bands like Metallica, SOAD, & all the mainstream metal. I love Iron Maiden, my favorite band of all time... but that's not music I want to lift weights to. So, the Journey began...

I found this website: Home - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives (metal-archives.com)

This site allows you to sort out the genres you want. So, I isolated the groups that had the tag "Groove" ... any other genre tagged doesn't matter. I like a lot of the sub-genres. It lists the country of origin & the sub-genres & whether or not the band is still active.

I took the entire "Groove" catalogue and pasted it into a spreadsheet. I have copy & pasted every band in order starting from A into youtube & or Spotify... after all these years I'm in the N's now. I have a desk job so I'm able to do this while I work. So that's a bonus.

What has become very apparent for me is that there are styles & countries that I distinctly don't like. These include Southern, Sludge & Stoner metal. Countries where I tend to not like anything are Argentina, Mexico, Italy... of course, there will be an exception here and there. But when you go through a catalogue that vast these things stand out.

Anyway, as I'm doing my weight program this evening I'm typing this between sets & a few songs came on that made me think to come here and share.

I will list some from my Spotify playlists:

Night Falls Last - Detonate (this one rips good while doing Incline Presses)

Hemlock - Becoming

Ouroboros - Edifice of Tyranny

Ektomorf - I Choke

Hyperium - Butchers BBQ

Instincthate - Peaches

Infractable - Thats Me

Debauchery - Demonslayer

Psycho Choke - Fire in the Hole

Flaw - You've Changed

40 Below Summer - Rope

Mass Punishment - Ground Pounder

Morthereon - Automaton

Final Breath - Let me be Your Tank, Eyes of Horror, To Live & to Die

Gods Tower (Belarus) - Srebra Pieruna

Anyway... if some of those songs don't pull your pants down and give you a spanking nothing will.

Edit: Here's a catchy foreign metal ballad of sorts: Ejfeny - Votal-e minden?

And video of the day:

Edited by NeW_CLeaR_HoRRoR
  • Like 1

I’m from the UK, but our best metal bands most people will already know and are certainly past the peak of their powers (Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest) and modern metal here is pretty mid on the most part. They’ve been around a little while now, but I think Sylosis are a really good consistent band who aren’t super well-known who are UK based. Also, love myself a bit of Mudvayne too OP!

Edited by Glorious Fury
  • Like 1

I'll put up one not from the land of freedoms, guns and obesity. 

I'm ethnically 80% German, so it seems fitting I love some metal from Deutschland. Rammstein blew up in the 90s with their mega hit Du Hast. I have  grown a love for the band. 

Sonne is one of my favorite Rammstein songs. If you've never heard it, and you're a metalhead, this is required listening.

Odious.

Genre: Melodic Black Metal.

These guys have been one of my favorite band for nearly a decade now. 

Apotheosis.

Genre: Symphonic Blackened Thrash Metal.

Perfect example of not judging a book by its cover. Incredible album. 

• Like 1

I live in London, ON Canada... which is basically between Detroit & Toronto... and back in the day I used to go to Windsor (other side of the river from Detroit). There was this band I would go see in the small bars named Lesser Known. There would be like 5 of us in the bar and it was great to stand right in front and rock out to their music.

They made it on to a few Cover Song CD's ... they did Black Sunshine by White Zombie & an ACDC cover I think. - found it... they did Dirty Deeds.

I still talk to one of the members on facebook every so often but they split a long time ago. Social Media was nowhere near what it has been in the last decade. Bands can get so much more exposure unlike back in the day. It was emailing lists & word of mouth.

Songs I like by these guys can be found on Youtube.

Hatelist

Chrome Plated Machine

Change

Kill for You

Shattered Fantasy

Weak Like You

Come in ... with the dead - This song is based off the fact that the bassist was born a twin but the twin was stillborn.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...