A-Z Protagonist Platinum Club

14 hours ago, Thedah said:

After digging through an unreasonable amount of ehm...cultured quality documentation...yeah I allow Kan'u to be the main protagonist of Koihime Enbu RRR. Don't ask me what the story is though 😂

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:07 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

Very cool idea!

Ash (Concrete Genie) UR

Bentley (Bentley's Hackpack)

Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot) UR

Daxter (Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy)

Ethan Mars (Heavy Rain)

Faden Jessie (Control)

Goku (Dragon Ball: Raging Blast) UR

Hoagie (Day of the Tentacle Remastered)

Iota (Tearaway)

Joel Miller (The Last of Us Remastered) UR

Knack (Knack) UR

Lucas Kane (Indigo Prophecy)

Mr.Robot (Don't Die, Mr.Robot!) UR

Nathan Drake (Uncharted 4: A Thief's End) UR

Oscar Gutierrez (WWE 2K22) UR

Price Chloe (Life is Strange: Before the Storm)

Qwark (Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One)

Rayman (Rayman 3 HD) UR

Scrooge McDuck (DuckTales: Remastered) UR

Takuma Tsurugi (Psycho Pass: Mandatory Happiness)

U

Vella (Broken Age)

Woody (Toy Story 3)

Y

Xiaoyu Ling (Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue)

Z

No Name (Limbo) UR

Updated my list again, this time for good I think :P After checking my profile one more time, I realized I had UR entries for M and S, so I replaced Markus and Spyro.

I may play Yooka Laylee in the future so that's a valid entry for Y, now finding something that appeals me for U and Z may be a problem, hahah.

Edit: Found another UR entry, for H. Original post edited.

😂

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

The Story mode's for all the others cost in game currency though, Ultimo's is the only free one (and is the only one required for the platinum too.) 

OK, based on that I could let Ultimo be considered as the protagonist/main character. Although...what even is the story in that game? couldn't find that much info.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Copanele said:

OK, based on that I could let Ultimo be considered as the protagonist/main character. Although...what even is the story in that game? couldn't find that much info.

It was over two years ago, but I recall Ultimo's story being challenged by one of the other character who's younger than him and after beating them, they come to an understanding, joining of the generations Creed style or something (I've not watched Creed 😕)

It's super paper thin, and only really consists of a cutscene at the start and end of his arcade mode. I didn't consider it on the first look through because it was so forgettable (and admittedly a stretch).

Here's the full arcade mode:

Edited by Breakingthegreen

I ask for the future: for O, would Oswald from Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, be valid? He is not playable (Mickey is), but he is intended as a main character too by the name of the game and always follows Mickey around, similar to Daxter in Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy: he is not playable, but is always with Jak and is in the game's title.

If Oswald is valid, when I get the Platinum in some months, I would snag W UR. 😇

Edited by KenjiCBZ
Edit: I'm dumb. He is actually playable through a second controller.

I'll sign up! I think I am sitting on 15/28 Ultra Rare. I had to google search at least half the list 😂Some very forgettable stories among this list, but they are in fact stories!

Spoiler

# Four Eyes (Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City)
Adam Jensen (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided)
Barry Burton (Resident Evil Revelations 2)
Cole Rainsford (Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011)
Derek "Frost" Westbrook (Modern Warfare 3 2011)
E
F
G
Harrier Du Bois (Disco Elysium)
I
Joe Thompson (Air Conflicts: Vietnam)
K
Lynx (Anomaly 2)
Marv (Strike Vector EX)
N
Orville Tycoon (Zombie Tycoon 2)
P
Q
Rabbit (Medal of Honor 2010)
Spock (Star Trek)
Tanner (Driver: San Francisco)
U
V
W
X
You (Lone Survivor)
Z
No Name - Unnamed French General (History: Great Battles Medieval)

Edited by VersusCA
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Q- What happens if a character is know by one name through most of the game and their real name is revealed near the end of it? Do you use the more common one, their true name or are both an option? I don't mind either way I have a back-up.

I would go with any honestly, it gives you more options, buuut if it's story related, I recommend censoring the true name, like only the initial followed by a row of blank entries or something.

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Y- What happens if a character whose name is customisable, but they have a canon name (Legend of Zelda or Persona for example)? I'm safe with P4D as it's his name in that game but Persona 4 Golden would have caused the same question.

This is abit of a grey area :lol: I would honestly go with whatever the game decides here.

So, if in Persona 4 Golden you play as * insert name *, you go for the "no name" option.

If you play Persona 4 Dancing and he's called Yu Narukami, it's either Y or N.

At least that's how I see it. If anything, it's the writers' faults for not deciding :lol:

• Like 3

Fair enough on both points. Then both my Q and Y are safe.

Asking some folks online, there was a question that could open up a second choice for U first names (we're stuck trying to figure out more people than Ulala); what is the ruling on Musou games? In Samurai Warriors 4, the Legend of Kanto story's main protagonist is Ujiyasu Hōjō which does start with a U. What is the ruling on that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Fair enough on both points. Then both my Q and Y are safe.

Asking some folks online, there was a question that could open up a second choice for U first names (we're stuck trying to figure out more people than Ulala); what is the ruling on Musou games? In Samurai Warriors 4, the Legend of Kanto story's main protagonist is Ujiyasu Hōjō which does start with a U. What is the ruling on that?

Very good pick! And thanks for the link!

I would accept it, since it's a multiple protagonist game based on chapters. It's similar to Yakuza 4 and 5 where you really have protagonists doing stuff.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

I ask for the future: for O, would Oswald from Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, be valid? He is not playable (Mickey is), but he is intended as a main character too by the name of the game and always follows Mickey around, similar to Daxter in Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy: he is not playable, but is always with Jak and is in the game's title.

If Oswald is valid, when I get the Platinum in some months, I would snag W UR. 😇

@Copanele ? Also asking if Daxter too is ok.

28 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

@Copanele ? Also asking if Daxter too is ok.

Nope I cannot consider Oswald based on what I read, because in the end it is Mickey's story. Oswald shows up as a helper and you play as him, but Mickey is the one that has the adventure. 

Daxter is a side kick in the series. Unless he has his standalone game, I can't consider him a protagonist/the main character of the story

33 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Nope I cannot consider Oswald based on what I read, because in the end it is Mickey's story. Oswald shows up as a helper and you play as him, but Mickey is the one that has the adventure. 

Daxter is a side kick in the series. Unless he has his standalone game, I can't consider him a protagonist/the main character of the story

All right. Daxter can be ok for PlayStation Move Heroes? He is a playable character along with Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Clank and Bentley. All six are on the cover too.

2 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

All right. Daxter can be ok for PlayStation Move Heroes? He is a playable character along with Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Clank and Bentley. All six are on the cover too.

I do not know that game sadly, I will have to check in more detail. Is he a main character?(being part of the cover or being a playable character isn't always an indication of a main character)

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I do not know that game sadly, I will have to check in more detail. Is he a main character?(being part of the cover or being a playable character isn't always an indication of a main character)

Can't say for sure, the game has various missions: in some you can pick either Sly, Jak or Ratchet, in other either Bentley, Daxter or Clank. There are cutscenes where all six are involved, as all six are psrt of the story.

1 hour ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Can't say for sure, the game has various missions: in some you can pick either Sly, Jak or Ratchet, in other either Bentley, Daxter or Clank. There are cutscenes where all six are involved, as all six are psrt of the story.

I would say so, the game's final cutscene closes on him, which I think somewhat implies that he's the major characters over all of the others:

Spoiler

KMpJ5yE.png

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2023 at 4:02 PM, Biscoito18 said:

I love the idea. Here my list so far. I'm only missing O, Q and U.

# - 47 (Hitman: Blood Money)
A - Arthur Morgan (Red Dead Redemption II)
B - Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
C - Chris Redfield (Resident Evil 5)
D - Dante (DMC Devil May Cry)
E - Ethan Winters (Resident Evil: Village)
F - Faden, Jesse (Control)
G - Gabe Logan (Syphon Filter)
H - Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)
I - Indra Chaudhari (Axiom Verge 2)
J - Jacob Lee (The Callisto Protocol)
K - Kyle Crane (Dying Light)
L - Lara Croft (Tomb Raider 2013)
M - Mono (Little Nightmares II)
N - Nilin Carthier-Wells (Remember Me)
O
P - Phelps, Cole (L.A. Noire)
Q
R - Rosemary Reed (Remothered: Tormented Fathers)
S - Sebastian Castellanos (The Evil Within)
T - Tommy Vercetti (GTA Vice City)
U
V - Valentine, Jill (Resident Evil 3 Remake)
W - Wei Shen (Sleeping Dogs)
X - Xian Mei (Dead Island)
Y - Yu (Haven)
Z - Zorro (Zorro: The Chronicles)

No Name - The Hunter (Bloodborne)

I went through my trophy lists again and saw that I missed Ronan O'Connor from Murdered: Soul Suspect. So now I'm 26/28. Only Q and U missing.

I'll edit my original post.

• Like 2