A-Z Protagonist Platinum Club

On 12/3/2023 at 8:53 PM, Matto_lsi said:

Ok, no worries.  I'll update my list above.  Two more questions.  For a game like Sports Champions, you choose to play as one of 10 characters.  Would choosing one of them be ok or is this be too much of a stretch?  And I've seen people use the 100% for a game that does not have a UR Platinum as a UR list since the total trophy percentage (including DLC) is a lower percentage than just the Platinum.  Is this what you had in mind when you said Platinum or 100% games count, or were you referring strictly to non-Platinum games?  Cause if I can use a complete 100% list as UR for games with Platinums that aren't UR, I'd be able to squeeze a few more onto my list.

For Sports Championship it's too much of a stretch :D usually sports games don't really fit in any category. At most, it can enter under the "no name" category because it's technically you, the player, and not a main character of a story.

There are a few exceptions with main characters in games with no story (Q*Bert), but usually sports do not really fit.

As for the 100% only lists, I was referring only for the non-platinums. DLC is abit iffy, mainly because of the way the percentage is calculated on this site. Basically it's like this:

- if the total percentage of the base game is UR, then it counts as UR.

- if the whole list is an UR because of the DLC, then I can't consider that game unless the main game has an UR trophy.

I'll update the main post to explain what counts as UR for this event.

• Like 3

I really love those concepts, so, I will post a list in a bit..

But I have a few questions:

1st - Protagonist = main hero cast? (I ask it because of what @Meikoro mentioned about Queen and P5/FFType-0, since in both cases I see them as part of the main hero cast, but not the from person of either games, although I can easily see Joker as the main protagonist on P5 when compared to everyone, it's a bit harder to pinpoint the main protagonist on FFType-0, since even if in a way Ace is the main character, the main protagonist in that game is actually the squad as a group).

2nd - How do we deal with games with characters that can be named but have a suggested "default" name (like the classic FF7), or where the game doesn't give us a suggested name, but from other sources they end up having an actual name (Persona main protagonists are a classic case of this)

19 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I really love those concepts, so, I will post a list in a bit..

But I have a few questions:

1st - Protagonist = main hero cast? (I ask it because of what @Meikoro mentioned about Queen and P5/FFType-0, since in both cases I see them as part of the main hero cast, but not the from person of either games, although I can easily see Joker as the main protagonist on P5 when compared to everyone, it's a bit harder to pinpoint the main protagonist on FFType-0, since even if in a way Ace is the main character, the main protagonist in that game is actually the squad as a group).

So, protagonist doesn't always mean "main hero cast", it's just who is the hero of the story.

In persona 5 case, Joker is definitely the main character. His party are his friends.

After checking a bit, it seems that Ace is the main protagonist of that game and leader of the class even if you play as all of them :D Sorry @Meikoro

19 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

2nd - How do we deal with games with characters that can be named but have a suggested "default" name (like the classic FF7), or where the game doesn't give us a suggested name, but from other sources they end up having an actual name (Persona main protagonists are a classic case of this)

I was thinking about it some more and I will allow you to go with whatever you choose, this way you can either go with the nameless protagonist or the "canon name".
I previously thought it would be better to go with whatever the game gives you, but there's so many instances where the character has a name but the game wants you to "roleplay", that I think it's better to just go with whatever option suits you best :D

Tagging @ArtikSkarab too since he asked me the same thing before

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Copanele said:

So, protagonist doesn't always mean "main hero cast", it's just who is the hero of the story.

In persona 5 case, Joker is definitely the main character. His party are his friends.

After checking a bit, it seems that Ace is the main protagonist of that game and leader of the class even if you play as all of them :D Sorry @Meikoro

I was thinking about it some more and I will allow you to go with whatever you choose, this way you can either go with the nameless protagonist or the "canon name".
I previously thought it would be better to go with whatever the game gives you, but there's so many instances where the character has a name but the game wants you to "roleplay", that I think it's better to just go with whatever option suits you best :D

Tagging @ArtikSkarab too since he asked me the same thing before

Well i didn't consider Ace as the protagonist, but i guess Type-0 is a little bit vague in that case. So... Fighting Game Characters are okay? Like there is a Queen in DNF Duel for example. In Case of kasumi for Dead or Alive its sure she is the Main but i ask for other playable fighters.

5 minutes ago, Meikoro said:

Well i didn't consider Ace as the protagonist, but i guess Type-0 is a little bit vague in that case. So... Fighting Game Characters are okay? Like there is a Queen in DNF Duel for example. In Case of kasumi for Dead or Alive its sure she is the Main but i ask for other playable fighters.

Only if they are the main characters of the game's story 😁

For instance, in DoA5 you can consider only Kasumi as a main character/protagonist. Someone like Ayane is just a side character in the story of the game

17 hours ago, Copanele said:

Only if they are the main characters of the game's story 😁

For instance, in DoA5 you can consider only Kasumi as a main character/protagonist. Someone like Ayane is just a side character in the story of the game

Poor Ayane :D

I mean i could instant finish the List, but wheres the fun, Q- give me some headache as female main protagonist Except a Queen but even there i can not rememeber a game now.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/17101-long-live-the-queen

you would accept a Queen Eldie from this Game? Most of the time she is a princess who become a queen at the end, but something like that i had in mind.

there will be also Suicide Squad Game next year with harley Quinn in the Mainrole. There are sure some options for a female with Q.

EDIT: Since my head gonna go crazy not finding a Q, O and Y for female Protagnists for now, i have place them with others to Complete the Task Right Away.

If i find better ones i will replace it, but you can check it now @Copanele had verry Fun. Nice Work.

You can also consider a Female and male one Bonus. It should be possible.

Edited by Meikoro
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

This is a great idea and I love filling out these lists. One quick question, and i'm gonna put it in here but you can tell me to delete it. Would you accept Weapon X for X in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine game because that is his official name for part of it and as a government project?

Heyo! Unfortunately, since it's Wolverine we're talking about here, I can only accept the entry Wolverine or Logan. If I am not wrong, Weapon X is the name of the program, not of Wolverine himself.

The rest look good :D

57 minutes ago, reaperveteran86 said:

For Q or Y I can recommend you Yue Quingshu from Sword and Fairy 7 Together Forever. She definitely would fit in the waifu category and the game is not bad, too.

sword-and-fairy-together-forever.jpg

OH yeah i saw this Game here before. Its on my Wishlist now. Thank you for mention it :)

O and Y i think a japan import game will do the job i just need to search deeper.

• Like 1

Got a new A entry!

# - 
A - Archibald Brainhov (Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge)
B - Batman (Injustice 2)
C - Clinton Mokoena (Brink)
D
E - 
F - Filia Medici (Skullgirls 2nd Encore)
G - Goro Majima (Yakuza 0)
H - Heart Aino (Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!)
I
J - John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)
K - Kiryu Kazuma (Yakuza Kiwami)
L
M - Marco Van de Land (Battle Fantasia)
N - Yu Narukami (Persona 4: Arena Ultimax)
O - Hitaru Otagi (Chaos Code: New Sign of Catastrophe)
P - PaRappa (PaRappa the Rapper 2)
Q
R - Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue: Chronophantasma)
S - Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-)
T - Takuto (Digimon World: Next Order)
U
V - Vincent Brooks (Catherine: Full Body)
W - White Bomber (Super Bomberman R)
X
Y - Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown)
Z

No Name - Jump Force

• Like 4

Great idea!

Here is my list so far, with 19 entries completed:

# - 2B (NieR Automata)
A - Aloy (Horizon Forbidden West)
B

C - Cloud (Final Fantasy VII Remake)
D
E - Edith Finch (What Remains of Edith Finch)
F
G - Geralt (The Witcher 3)

H
I - Ichiban Kasuga (Yakuza: Like a Dragon)

J - Joker (Persona 5 Royal)
K - Kiryu Kazuma (Yakuza 0)
L - Lae'Zel (Baldur's Gate 3)
M - Madeline (Celeste)

N - Narukami Yu (Persona 4 Golden)
O
P
Q
R - Redgi (Tails of Iron)
S - Sakamoto Ryoma (Like a Dragon: Ishin!)
T - Tomi Kisaragi (13 Sentinels Aegis Rim)

U
V - Valere (Sea of Stars)
W - Wolf (Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice)
X
Y - Yagami (Judgment)

Z - Zagreus (Hades)

No Name - The Tarnished (Elden Ring)

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Number -
No Name - Kingdoms of Amalur
A- Abraham Lure (Abe) - Oddworld Soulstorm