A-Z Protagonist Platinum Club

Glad y'all are enjoying this club :D 

I absolutely forgot that Tunche has 5 main protagonists, so I can go with Qaru as my Q entry

21S8f3c85.png # - 2B (NieR Automata)
229c0d7ae202316a3ada7e481fd5ac8b326958der1-501-500v2_00.jpg A - Ash Crimson (The King of Fighters XIII, UR)
51Sfa1952.png B - Batman (Batman Arkham Origins, UR)
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuTFHsOG5uZFtnkP4d3zOtNOC-EqBOvXYhiyTKCX3YNA&s C - Caradog McAllister (Curse of the Dead Gods, UR)
31S9d29fa.png D - Dante (Devil May Cry 3)
eddie_with_guitar_preview_Aw7kBCo.detail.webp E - Eddie Riggs (Brutal Legend, UR)
magic-cases-latest-design-evie-frye-assassins-creed-syndicate-original-imaepxk8ytdfgxad.jpeg?q=90 F - Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed Syndicate)
1S15fe49.png G - Silas Greaves (Call of Juarez Gunslinger, UR)
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuJZtXHb0DUIJJ9dPS_gnSoHxOuk5MNYpyiw&usqp=CAU H - Harkyn (Lords of the Fallen, UR)
assassins_creed_valhalla_basim.jpg?width=690&quality=80&format=jpg&dpr=2&auto=webp I - Basim Ibn Ishaq (Assassin's Creed Mirage)
1S5a6387.png J - Jotaro Kujo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven)
DfIMBQ9W0AAAYOh.jpg K - Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza 0, UR)
1Sb80926.png L - Liu Kang (Mortal Kombat 11)
8Sca5542.png M - Morrigan Aenslad(Darkstalkers Resurrection, UR)
2Sb9b80f.png N - Nero (Devil May Cry 4, UR)
8Sb1daad.png O - Hikaru Otagi  (Chaos Code New Signs of Catastrophe, UR)
22S2a051b.png P - Patroklos (Soulcalibur 5, UR)
noel-ulep-tunche1-3.jpg?1549135891 Q - Qaru (Tunche)
10S541f10.png R - Ray McCall (Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, UR)
18S4e1077.png S - Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear XRd Revelator, UR)
EGS_ThunderLotus_JotunValhallaEdition_G2_00-1980x1478-0c0886e74745f3dbd27d45d0e5432bb20122744c.jpg T - Thora (Jotun, UR)
2S6e08f2.png U - Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm)
assassins-creed-valhalla-female-eivor-art-a.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&fit=crop&quality=100&format=png&enable=upscale&auto=webp V  - Eivor Varinsdottir (Assassin's Creed Valhalla)
Nioh_cover_art.jpg W - William Adams (Nioh 1)
X - :(

2Sbeca15.png Y - Yu Narukami (Persona 4 Arena, UR)
Trine2_promo_thief_657x1080.jpgZ - Zoya the Thief (Trine)

mb1.2.jpgNo Name - Nameless Protagonist (Mount & Blade Warband, UR)

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, dertswa687o said:

@Copanele I did more thorough search and got up to 26/28 and 19/28 UR. The only one I'm not incredibly sold on is Argo from Ziggurat since that game has a bunch of playable characters and not a true "protagonist", but he is at least the very first one you can play as.

I checked for "Argo" online and it showed up the description, which I can confirm since I played the game as well: Main character, Balanced character without particular strengths or weaknesses. The game straight up tells you that he's the main man 😂so he definitely 100% counts.

(awesome game btw)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thedah said:

Another great event! Gonna be a hard time looking for a Q. Will look for substitutes later to see if I can squeeze in anymore URs. Also, does Jin count as a protagonist for Blazblue? I 100% skipped all the story for every game lol. And I'm assuming URs count the same way as in the Ultra Rare Cleanup event wherein it doesn't have to be a UR platinum and DLC URs count?

# - 2B (Nier Automata)
A - Ash Crimson (KOF XIII UR)
B - Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
C - Cloud Strife (FF7)
D - Dante (DMC: Devil May Cry (PS3) UR)
E - Edge Maverick (Star Ocean THe Last Hope UR)
F - Franklin (GTAV UR)
G - Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere)
H - Hajime Hinata (Danganronpa 2)
I - Ichiban Kasuga (Yakuza Like a Dragon)
J - Jin Kisaragi (BBCP UR)
K - Kanata Kujo (Exist Archive UR)
L - Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil 2)
M - Niko Bellic (GTAIV UR)
N - Nero (DMC4 UR)
O - Okami (Okami HD)
P - Partitio (Octopath Traveler II)
Q -
R - Ryu (Street Fighter IV UR)
S - Sol Badguy (GGXrd UR)
T - Tidus (FFX)
U - Uni (Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2)
V - Tommy Vercetti (GTA VC)
W - Wheeljack (Transformers: Devastation UR)
X - X (Megaman X Legacy Collection)
Y - Yu Narukami (Persona 4 Arena UR)
Z - Mondo Zappa (Killer is Dead)
No Name - The Girl (Shikondo: Soul Eater UR)

Uuf sadly I will have to do some mentions:

- nope, Jin ain't a main protagonist of the Blazblue fighting game series, Ragna the Bloodedge is. Unless I missed some weird convoluted story point from wiki, I skipped the ingame story too 😂

- Abel is the protagonist of Street Fighter IV series, not Ryu(I know, it's stupid!! Capcom is insane!)

- For the UR section, if the UR is part of the DLC, I think I will allow it even if you play as a different character. Main character of DmC Devil May Cry is still Dante even if the only UR trophy in that list (wow its an UR?) can be achieved as Vergil. You still need to get the actual trophy& the DLC completed for it to count (which you did)

Probably I will add this specific situation as an example in the main post tomorrow.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Uuf sadly I will have to do some mentions:

- nope, Jin ain't a main protagonist of the Blazblue fighting game series, Ragna the Bloodedge is. Unless I missed some weird convoluted story point from wiki, I skipped the ingame story too 😂

- Abel is the protagonist of Street Fighter IV series, not Ryu(I know, it's stupid!! Capcom is insane!)

- For the UR section, if the UR is part of the DLC, I think I will allow it even if you play as a different character. Main character of DmC Devil May Cry is still Dante even if the only UR trophy in that list (wow its an UR?) can be achieved as Vergil. You still need to get the actual trophy& the DLC completed for it to count (which you did)

Probably I will add this specific situation as an example in the main post tomorrow.

Thanks! You can probably tell I skip every single fighting game story as I have no clue about anything that goes on LOL.

@dertswa687o Thank you! Will update.

@Copanele Do you remember anything about the Battle Fantasia story mode? Is Urs Van de Land a protagonist? lol

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 1

Very Interesting. Nice Idea... And no time limit to boot since I take too long to finish games. Going to start generating my list now.

@Copanele Just a suggestion for you for an extra layer of a challenge. There's a lot of names that can be used and moved around multiple options especially since you can use last names as well and I could probably fill up maybe 1 or 2 lists with my 100+ games ( probably not fully though since i think I'm missing a few key letters)

But it'll quite interesting to see if how many full lists all of you can come up with using all their games and moving the names around. I definitely can't but id like to see what people can come up with. It'll be a pain in the ass for to look through though 😆

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thedah said:

Thanks! You can probably tell I skip every single fighting game story as I have no clue about anything that goes on LOL.

@dertswa687o Thank you! Will update.

@Copanele Do you remember anything about the Battle Fantasia story mode? Is Urs Van de Land a protagonist? lol

Sadly you can only use me as a reference, but I played and paid attention to the story of that dumpster fire of a game....the main protagonist is Marco, the little crying one, not Urs 😂 

That was kinda like the nail in the coffin, if you play with all the chars all hints point out to Marco.

You can't verify that info though...nobody ever documented this crap 😂😂

3 hours ago, disaster500 said:

The idea behind this one is actually really cool. URs in bold.

Although some are in a grey area imo. Is Sackboy a name for example? Do the playable characters in the Borderlands games count as protagonists, as canonically they all go through the story as a group? Are important Star Wars characters protagonists in LEGO Star Wars?

The grey areas are the most fun for me 😆

Checking Wikipedia, Sackboy indeed is the actual name and not just a title or nickname. Yeah all of the inhabitants of Sackville are sackpeople, but he is Sackboy! Works for S.

In cases like LEGO, I will go for the canonical main character from the original series, if the game is 1:1 with the movie from a lore perspective. So if you have the entire saga, I would say it's either Obi Wan Kenobi(ep 1 if I am not wrong), Anakin or Luke Skywalker. Or Rey, if the other 3 are included

As for Borderlands idk, if all characters are equally important within the game, sure any of them work, see my Tunche example where I have 5 equally important characters as protagonists. As long as they are all main characters.

46 minutes ago, RustyBacon13 said:

Very Interesting. Nice Idea... And no time limit to boot since I take too long to finish games. Going to start generating my list now.

@Copanele Just a suggestion for you for an extra layer of a challenge. There's a lot of names that can be used and moved around multiple options especially since you can use last names as well and I could probably fill up maybe 1 or 2 lists with my 100+ games ( probably not fully though since i think I'm missing a few key letters)

But it'll quite interesting to see if how many full lists all of you can come up with using all their games and moving the names around. I definitely can't but id like to see what people can come up with. It'll be a pain in the ass for to look through though 😆

A different idea that I had was to put a challenge for " only first names as entries", I wasn't sure if there were enough characters for that though (X letter made me scratch my head abit)

But hey I could add that after all, maybe there's some players who has that!

Your idea sounds neat too, can add a special slot for people with more than 1 list 😂

I will update all lists soon😁

• Like 1

I will add it in the main topic as well, but there are games that do not fit for the event, with no story mode or main characters e.g. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Tetris Effect or FIFA, unless there's a situation like WWE 2K22. Those games are not eligible for any entry.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thedah said:

U - Uni (Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2)

Not looking to be that guy or anything, but I do have to point out that Nepgear is the protagonist of Neptunia mk2.

(Warning: multiple spoilers in the link below)

https://neptunia.fandom.com/wiki/Hyperdimension_Neptunia_mk2

Nepgear

Voiced by: Yui Horie (Japanese), Christine Marie Cabanos (English)

The main protagonist of game. She is the little sister of Planeptune's CPU, Purple Heart. Unlike her big sister, she's very well-behaved and studious.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

@Copanele For Q, would Qwark from Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One be a good one? He is one of playable characters, along with Ratchet, Clank and Nefarious. Or is only Ratchet considered the main character?

While normally I'd consider Ratchet as the main guy, from what i see on Wiki:
"Players can each take the role of one of the four main characters of the game, namely Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Doctor Nefarious."

So I guess in that specific game, Qwark is also a main character.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Copanele said:

Yep, for me checks out, Nepgear is the protagonist.

Also, I added 2 more Bonus rounds:

• Fellowship - all 28 entries are First Name only. This is only a prototype/demo entry, since I am not 100% sure that there's even entries for all the letters. If it proves to be so, I will announce you and remove this.
  • Clan Creator - you have more than 1 list, all of the games have to be different from the previous list(s). Thanks @RustyBacon13 for the suggestion :D

Ah ok. My bad I just used this as a source. https://hyperdimensionneptunia.fandom.com/wiki/Uni#:~:text=Uni (ユニ%2C Yuni%3F)

@Copanele Would Kan'u Unchou from Koihime count?

https://koihime.fandom.com/wiki/Kan'u_Unchou

https://koihime.fandom.com/wiki/Koihime†Musou_(Series)

Edited by Thedah