A-Z Protagonist Platinum Club

5 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Can't say for sure, the game has various missions: in some you can pick either Sly, Jak or Ratchet, in other either Bentley, Daxter or Clank. There are cutscenes where all six are involved, as all six are psrt of the story.

4 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

I would say so, the game's final cutscene closes on him, which I think somewhat implies that he's the major characters over all of the others:

Reveal hidden contents

KMpJ5yE.png

Still not 100% convinced but based on the fact that it has a story mode at least and all chars are equally important, i can give it a pass 😆

• Like 1

I thought I would check a few games I completed for the 3 letters I'm missing:

For the letter U, I was wondering if playable character "The Undertaker" would work from either of these two games:

S2f29ad.png

S61ddd9.png

For the letter X, playable character Xiahou Dun Musou from:

Sfdf1b4.png

And for the letter Z, playable character Zeus from:

S71c143.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JungleCat20 said:

I thought I would check a few games I completed for the 3 letters I'm missing:

For the letter U, I was wondering if playable character "The Undertaker" would work from either of these two games:

S2f29ad.png

S61ddd9.png

To help a brother out here (I really am in the dark when it comes to WWE, please link a wiki page or a youtube link or...anything official that confirms Undertaker is the main character 😂I legit do not even know where to check without getting powerbombed by some ads!

Sfdf1b4.png

Same as above, please help me out here, because I've been slammed with 48 playable characters info :D here I need a Dynasty Warriors expert

And for the letter Z, playable character Zeus from:

S71c143.png

This one cracked me up 😂 Yep, it works as letter Z!!

Also, I have tried to update everyone's lists, however I am fairly sure I missed some that commented with only a small update. Please, if I missed anyone, post down your full list again which includes the newly added games, so I can update the main page properly :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I figure at some point I'll pick up Hitman: Go for cheap for the number character. No idea when I'll get around to U and X, though!

See, I actually did platinum Hitman: Go but didn’t count it. Hitman: Go is more like a chessboard game, so I felt I technically wasn’t playing as Agent 47 compared to the actual Hitman games lol.

2 hours ago, Copanele said:
13 hours ago, JungleCat20 said:

Sfdf1b4.png

Same as above, please help me out here, because I've been slammed with 48 playable characters info :D here I need a Dynasty Warriors expert

Would not call myself an DW expert, but I played a lot of them in the past and play Warrior games now from time to time.

The following is for the games in the series after part 6, since all before don`t have trophies/are on different consoles (which the exception of DW6 Empires, but for that see the last paragraph) All games before had a story similar to fighting games (you pick a character, fight his battles and see his ending) but they where divided in factions/kingdoms even then.

The basic DW game stories are like the Samurai Warrior games divided in stories for the 3 kingdoms Shu, Wei and Wu (with a portion for the Jin kingdom and a Others faction). When you count the rulers as the main characters, it would be Liu Bei for Shu, Cao Cao for Wei and Sun Ce for Wu (that one is arguable as  the games let you play as his father Sun Jian before him and his brother Sun Quan after his death), Sima Yi and Sima Zhao for Jin and LU Bu for the Others fraction. But there are other important characters for each kingdom that could be count as protagonists, these are (no guarantee of completeness, the series has a massive cast and every game gives the characters different screen time):

- Guan Yu and Zhang Fei (sworn brothers of Liu Bei) and Zhao Yun (the poster boy for the entire series) for Shu.

- Xiahou Dun and Xiahou Yuan (brothers of Cao Cao) and Cao Pi (son of Cao Cao) for Wei.

- Taishi Ci, Lu Xun (Generals of Wu) and Sun Shangxiang (daughter/sister to the Wu rulers and wife of Liu Bei) for Wu.

- Wang Yuanji (wife of Sima Zhao) for Jin.

- Yuan Shao (rival of Cao Cao), Chen Gong (strategist of Lu Bu) and Diaochan (lover/exploiter of Lu Bu) for Others.

I think part 9 is different to this, as it let you chose your character and let you play his story (similar to a fighting game and the older DW/SW games, the ones before part 7/4). But from what I remember you start as Cao Cao and have to unlock the other characters first.

The empire titles are an entirely different beast, as in them you don`t really have a story or main character. You select a character and scenario (influences which kingdoms are on the map and how many regions they have under their control) and then you conquer the entire map.

Edited by reaperveteran86
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JungleCat20 said:

@Copanele, thanks for the reply. The wrestling games and Dynasty Warriors 6 really have no main protagonist, as explained above, so I knew they would be iffy. I’ll try to find better choices for U and X. At least Zeus took care of Z. 😆

Yes that is for the best 😆 normally sports games aren't a good option for this event and there can be games with no main protagonists.

At least now I am interested in that Zeus quest myself, those games look so hilarious. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZanFear said:

See, I actually did platinum Hitman: Go but didn’t count it. Hitman: Go is more like a chessboard game, so I felt I technically wasn’t playing as Agent 47 compared to the actual Hitman games lol.

I would think it still counts, since it's still Agent 47 you're moving around and telling what to do. I think it's similar to Q*Bert and Pac-Man in that regard, and I've seen them listed. I mean, technically every video game is like a big chess game, and the player is the one moving a character around and telling them what to do :).

But I suppose it can't hurt to ask @Copanele for clarification before I settle on this as my plan.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Grammar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ZanFear said:

17 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

I would think it still counts, since it's still Agent 47 you're moving around and telling what to do. I think it's similar to Q*Bert and Pac-Man in that regard, and I've seen them listed. I mean, technically every video game is like a big chess game, and the player is the one moving a character around and telling them what to do :).

But I suppose it can't hurt to ask @Copanele for clarification before I settle on this as my plan.

Yes, Hitman GO is ok if your entry is 47. He is obviously the main protagonist, you are just playing some random missions as him on a board 😁

Same goes for Lara Croft for Lara Croft GO

• Like 2

This is an interesting challenge. Sadly, I am sort of busy with my own challenge but I will lurk and see what other people do. (Anyways, most of the games I play usually let you customize your character so none of them have default names and there is only one entry allowed in 'no name.' :lol:)

Edited by ProfSeajay7

On 12/2/2023 at 2:47 AM, Copanele said:

Also, I have tried to update everyone's lists, however I am fairly sure I missed some that commented with only a small update. Please, if I missed anyone, post down your full list again which includes the newly added games, so I can update the main page properly :D

I’m going ahead and adding Z to my list to have 26 of 28. I will have to hunt some other games for letters U and X, so it may take a while before my next update. 🤔

# - 11 "Eleven" (Stranger Things 3: The Game)
A - Alice (Alice: Madness Returns)

B - Sam Porter Bridges ( Death Stranding)

C - Clementine (Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season)
D - Delsin Rowe (Infamous: Second Son)
E - Ethan Mars (Heavy Rain)

F - Jesse Faden (Control)    
G - Gabriel Belmont (Castlevania: Lords of Shadow)

H - Jodie Holmes (Beyond Two Souls)
I - Ito Ayami (Tokyo Dark: Remembrance)

J - Joel (The Last of Us Part 1 )

K - Kratos (God Of War [Any of them])

L - Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
M - John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)

N - Norah (Call of the Sea)

O - Rintaro Okabe (Steins;Gate 0)

P - Peter Parker (Marvel's Spider-Man)

Q - Peter Quill (Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy)
R - Jacob Rivers (Terminator: Resistance)
S - Deacon St.John (Days Gone)
T - Tommy Vercetti (Grand Theft Auto:  Vice City)
U - Umm Emoji                                                                                                      
V - V (Cyberpunk 2077)
W - Bruce Wayne (Telltale's Batman)
X -  The dreaded X Emoji
Y - Yuta Iridatsu (Punch Line)

Z - Zeus (Zeus Quest: Anagenissis of Gaia)

No Name - Custom Name (Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!)

Edited by JungleCat20
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

Yes, Hitman GO is ok if your entry is 47. He is obviously the main protagonist, you are just playing some random missions as him on a board 😁

Same goes for Lara Croft for Lara Croft GO

haha Well alrighty then, I’ll update my original post! That’s 4 remaining for me then.

6 hours ago, Matto_lsi said:

Also, one question for the OP.  You mentioned not being able to use one game for multiple entries.  If I have the Platinum for different versions of the same game, can I use the different versions as unique entries?  For instance, I have the GTA V Platinum on both PS3 and PS4, and used those as unique entries.  But if you don't agree, I can change one of them.

No, sadly you will have to resume to only one game 😅 stacking would make stuff way too easy in some cases.

I will allow stacking should you decide for a second A-Z list as bonus round. 

34 minutes ago, Treilio said:

Speaking of Scrooge, can Uncle Scrooge be used for U? The comic books are called Uncle Scrooge and I'm pretty sure Huey, Dewey and Louie call him Uncle Scrooge in the game.

Uncle Scrooge - Wikipedia

Also can McDuck be used for M and D?

No. Even in the Wikipedia article, it says "series starring Scrooge McDuck".

And this entry can only be used for letters S or M, to avoid any kind of confusion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Copanele said:

No, sadly you will have to resume to only one game 😅 stacking would make stuff way too easy in some cases.

I will allow stacking should you decide for a second A-Z list as bonus round.

Ok, no worries.  I'll update my list above.  Two more questions.  For a game like Sports Champions, you choose to play as one of 10 characters.  Would choosing one of them be ok or is this be too much of a stretch?  And I've seen people use the 100% for a game that does not have a UR Platinum as a UR list since the total trophy percentage (including DLC) is a lower percentage than just the Platinum.  Is this what you had in mind when you said Platinum or 100% games count, or were you referring strictly to non-Platinum games?  Cause if I can use a complete 100% list as UR for games with Platinums that aren't UR, I'd be able to squeeze a few more onto my list.

Edited by Matto_lsi