Cozy Trophies for Cozy Gamers

I'll sign up for this. I have a few of these kinds of games cooked up and I especially like that it includes Steam games! Bought a few walking sim/story-based games on sale and haven't had an excuse to play them yet. Will be a good break from torturing myself with the platinum difficulty challenge :)

• Like 2

@setobox @VersusCA @Xylobe @Hurricane_Tanya @Helyx  everyone has been added to the leaderboard.  I've also added some other stuff like how to sign up (exactly like how ya'll did it, but more for anyone else who finds the event), how to post updates and something else to points.  Excited to see the turnout so far!

• Like 3

I have a question. So we are doing fresh cozy games for this that we haven't played at all right?

For example, I played Gone Home when it was free on PS Plus a few years ago and got all but 3 trophies. If I got those three for this, it wouldn't count correct?

8 minutes ago, setobox said:

I have a question. So we are doing fresh cozy games for this that we haven't played at all right?

For example, I played Gone Home when it was free on PS Plus a few years ago and got all but 3 trophies. If I got those three for this, it wouldn't count correct?

I’m fine with you using things you already started the achievements or trophies for the 100% points. 
What I would say wouldn’t count is if, for instance, you played a game and finished the story in 2021, but mopped up the achievements or trophies next year. You’d get the points for the trophies but not the story completion, if that makes sense. 

Now with Gone Home, I see you beat the game already BUT two of the trophies require you to do so again. You would get both point values because beat the game and did the achievements during the event. So basically nothing will apply retroactively but anything earned during the event is fair game. Sorry if that’s super wordy but that’s my stance on it.

• Like 1

Not sure this event is for me, considering the games I want to play next year. I'll post here again should I decide to join. Good luck to everyone else, though, have fun.

On 12/6/2023 at 2:46 AM, graphic_violins8 said:

Narrative - Tell me a story, but make it really vague.  Yeah, and cryptic too.

So Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne, got it. Just kidding. But it made me think of these games.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Not sure this event is for me, considering the games I want to play next year. I'll post here again should I decide to join. Good luck to everyone else, though, have fun.

So Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, and Bloodborne, got it. Just kidding. But it made me think of these games.

Totally fair!  Hope to see you but I hope you enjoy whatever you do!  Also yeah it does kind of read like that doesn’t it haha xp

Yay comfort and relaxation brought to you by a game, one of the greatest gifts a PS5 can bring! 👌 I love this kind of stuff (except any simulator that involves doing a job lol I cannot comprehend why anyone would derive pleasure from finishing their irl day job, getting home to relax on the couch, then going back to work in a PS5 job sim 😂???🤷‍♂️)

I've played a lot of the others, fun thing is figuring what other titles will be valid like:

Journey, Stray, What Remains of Edith Finch, Submerged, A Memoir Blue, The Witness, All TellTale games, Life is Strange games? island sims like Stranded Deep or Subnautica maybe? How puzzley can we go, like The Talos Principle? 

Edit: I'll throw in a few more suggestions: No Mans Sky, Spirit of the North, Road 96, N.E.R.O, Gris, and any Artifex Mundi (HOP -hidden object puzzle) games, all quite beautiful and super chill 🙂

I've never entered a psnp event before but I'm considering this one!

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Yay comfort and relaxation brought to you by a game, one of the greatest gifts a PS5 can bring! 👌 I love this kind of stuff (except any simulator that involves doing a job. I cannot comprehend why anyone would derive pleasure from finishing their irl day job, getting home to relax on the couch, then going back to work in a PS5 job sim 😂???🤷‍♂️)

I've played a lot of the others, fun thing is figuring what other titles will be valid like:

Journey, Stray, What Remains of Edith Finch, Submerged, A Memoir Blue, The Witness, All TellTale games, Life is Strange games? island sims like Stranded Deep or Subnautica maybe? How puzzley can we go, like The Talos Principle? 

I've never entered a psnp event before but I'm considering this one! 🙂

I’m not one to apply peer pressure but um…..dooooooooo it!

So for your questions as for games I think most of those would count.  I think things like The Witness and Talos Principle work in that technically they are relaxing puzzle games (even if the puzzles can be really difficult).  Edith Finch and those definitely count.  I’m going to say for Telltale that because the combat (if you call it that) is so seldom, I think those could count as well.

The only ones you mentioned I think wouldn’t count are Stranded Deep and Subnautica but only because (and I’m not super familiar with either title so feel free to correct me) but when you die in these, don’t your characters get wiped?  I think that could add a lot more stress. If that’s not accurate please let me know (I’m gonna do some research myself).

• Like 2

Oh my goodness, this is literally my favourite genre of games, next to JRPGS, so I'd absolutely love to join! My plan is to replay some cozy games I already completed over on Xbox now I finally have a PlayStation again 😂. And I have a wishlist on the store full of them, so I'm set for next year! Might even finally find the motivation to finish my collection on Animal Crossing 🫣

Edited by AshestoAshes28
  • Like 1

I'd like to join this event. I was planning to join one or two events next year to help me commit to finishing more of the games that I start, and I have a bunch of cozy type games in progress. This is the year that I will finish Stardew Valley, for sure!

Only downside is I just bought A Short Hike and was looking forward to playing it. I guess I better wait a few weeks...

• Like 1