Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

16 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

For any of my fellow data / visualization nerds out there, I beefed up my backlog progress sheets and it looks pretty cool if I say so myself. Check it out if you're interested and you may get some ideas of your own on how to better visualize your backlog data. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12CF6g-9pdODbmfEFClwRA8A5-P9Dhjmjc4r0QHpTLMo/edit?usp=sharing

This looks pretty sweet.

Mind explaining the color codes on the full backlog page?

15 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

This looks pretty sweet.

Mind explaining the color codes on the full backlog page?

Thanks! Yeah grey highlight means it doesn't have a PSNProfiles guide so I need to go find a different suitable guide. Red means it has unobtainable trophies or is delisted and I can't buy it. Green means I completed it.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

For any of my fellow data / visualization nerds out there, I beefed up my backlog progress sheets and it looks pretty cool if I say so myself. Check it out if you're interested and you may get some ideas of your own on how to better visualize your backlog data. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12CF6g-9pdODbmfEFClwRA8A5-P9Dhjmjc4r0QHpTLMo/edit?usp=sharing

Did you enter all the data by hand or some import option?

This seems very interesting. This challenge can get me more motivated in improving the completion rates of my 23 games left.  However, I want to keep my profile private. Any chance I could join anyway? I am at least willing to post screenshots from the psapp.

Current completion rate: 93.78%.

I am aware how psnprofiles calculates completation rates and it's very easy for me to keep track by myself.

• Like 1

A question here, finally the "dead god" in isaac is gonna be grabbed, just need to finish the last secret which is compete in 31 dailies, no need to even win them.

Am i right, if i Calculate like this (When no hidden trophies on profile)

(9x200) * 1,75 * 1.1 (first trophy of this dlc 2022) which goes to 3465 straight points ?
https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13552-the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth-the-binding-of-isaac-repentance-dlc-trophy-guide

Hope imma finish a lot of these giant games i got open to be done COTR (Id rather not finish it ever) and ESO :D

After isaac it will be a straight catapult to Platinum ^^

Edited by PuRiZo-_-
missed info
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

A question here, finally the "dead god" in isaac is gonna be grabbed, just need to finish the last secret which is compete in 31 dailies, no need to even win them.

(9x200) * 1,75 * 1.1 (first trophy of this dlc 2022) which goes to 3465 straight points ?
https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13552-the-binding-of-isaac-rebirth-the-binding-of-isaac-repentance-dlc-trophy-guide

Hope imma finish a lot of these giant games i got open to be done COTR (Id rather not finish it ever) and ESO :D

I'm looking to do Isaac this year too – I did Rebirth last year, but have since downloaded the DLCs, so will be working on those as well. 

• Like 2

Time for another update, I mostly completed DLCs of Shadow of Mordor and I remembered what a great game that was, might start Shadow of War soon.

I couldn't find a trophy guide with an estimated time but came across that one on Steam, I hope it is Ok if I use that, if not, please lmk

BTW I'm trying to unhide those games but it seems two of them are hidden directly on a PS4 so will need to go to my brother's place and unhide em with his PS4 and hopefully I can get back my profile multiplier

mZKVr4J.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v-r4TcIoXpli0gO-0O6aYLP2d9dywRido7Vpv0uTYtE/edit#gid=1701472501

Edited by Kirenoxs
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2024 at 3:46 AM, CurseBanette said:

This seems very interesting. This challenge can get me more motivated in improving the completion rates of my 23 games left.  However, I want to keep my profile private. Any chance I could join anyway? I am at least willing to post screenshots from the psapp.

Current completion rate: 93.78%.

I am aware how psnprofiles calculates completation rates and it's very easy for me to keep track by myself.

Hey there. So your situation is tricky. You can totally join even with a private profile, but if we can't see your trophy list then there's no easy, reliable way to know what your real profile % is, whether you have hidden trophies (technically all your trophies are hidden), what your timestamps are, etc. So I'd say you're totally fine to join...but you can't really earn any multipliers except system multipliers since that's easy enough to show with a screenshot...but then idk if you'd want to join without the multipliers that make the event fun. So it's up to you.

23 hours ago, PuRiZo-_- said:

Yep that's calculated correctly. The start date for any DLC is the start date of the main game, but in your case they both result in a 1.1 multiplier so its the same.

2 hours ago, Kirenoxs said:

Time for another update, I mostly completed DLCs of Shadow of Mordor and I remembered what a great game that was, might start Shadow of War soon.

I couldn't find a trophy guide with an estimated time but came across that one on Steam, I hope it is Ok if I use that, if not, please lmk

BTW I'm trying to unhide those games but it seems two of them are hidden directly on a PS4 so will need to go to my brother's place and unhide em with his PS4 and hopefully I can get back my profile multiplier

mZKVr4J.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v-r4TcIoXpli0gO-0O6aYLP2d9dywRido7Vpv0uTYtE/edit#gid=1701472501

Looking good man, lots of progress. For those trophies that are still hidden, do you have access to a PS3? The PS3 trophy list in online mode shows every game you've ever played on any system and you can press :triangle: on any game and click privacy settings and there's a checkbox to hide or unhide it. You have to know which ones are hidden cause there's no indication its hidden until you click on it...but it's possible to hide/unhide any game this way. 

Sorry for the hidden trophies hassle. I didn't anticipate so many people would hide trophies until they qualified for a profile multiplier which kinda defeats the purpose of the profile multiplier in the first place, so that's why I had to put that rule in.

• Like 3

4lIRFFX.png

Over the weekend I blasted through 6/12 DLC packs for Skyrim. I'll finish up the remainder this week :) I'm now in Gold tier.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12CF6g-9pdODbmfEFClwRA8A5-P9Dhjmjc4r0QHpTLMo/edit#gid=1453988754

Question for you guys, I'm increasingly feeling like the lower tiers are just unnecessary fluff...and that Platinum tier + badges is all that really matters. What do you guys think? Taking out lower tiers would mean less updating for me, but if they kill the sense of progression maybe I'll keep them in. Thoughts?

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Question for you guys, I'm increasingly feeling like the lower tiers are just unnecessary fluff...and that Platinum tier + badges is all that really matters. What do you guys think? Taking out lower tiers would mean less updating for me, but if they kill the sense of progression maybe I'll keep them in. Thoughts?

My concern with this would be that reaching 5k points could be a tall order for anyone with a younger account (and therefore a shorter backlog with fewer point multipliers). I haven't looked through everyone who's participating, though, so that may not even apply to anyone.

Part of me wants to suggest scrapping the tiers/prestige levels altogether in favor of a straight point leaderboard a la the RPG Mania event (+badges), but that might end up making more work for you.

1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

My concern with this would be that reaching 5k points could be a tall order for anyone with a younger account (and therefore a shorter backlog with fewer point multipliers). I haven't looked through everyone who's participating, though, so that may not even apply to anyone.

Part of me wants to suggest scrapping the tiers/prestige levels altogether in favor of a straight point leaderboard a la the RPG Mania event (+badges), but that might end up making more work for you.

This would be my preference as well, but I can't think of a way for people to report and update their points by themselves without also being able to edit other people's points.

If anyone knows of a way to do that please let me know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

This would be my preference as well, but I can't think of a way for people to report and update their points by themselves without also being able to edit other people's points.

If anyone knows of a way to do that please let me know.

You use the google forms function to collect user submitted info. You can set the form to only allow one submission per person (this will require them to sign into google though) and you can also allow them to edit that response so that they can continually update their score. That then gets applied to a google spreadsheet that you have set up to auto sort into a leaderboard.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

You use the google forms function to collect user submitted info. You can set the form to only allow one submission per person (this will require them to sign into google though) and you can also allow them to edit that response so that they can continually update their score. That then gets applied to a google spreadsheet that you have set up to auto sort into a leaderboard.

Do you know of an event on here that does something like that so I can see an example of how it works? If I can figure it out I'll set that up.

1 minute ago, Rebourne07 said:

Do you know of an event on here that does something like that so I can see an example of how it works? If I can figure it out I'll set that up.

I put together a super basic example on my page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11P2L6idvILZWlF9lR4Ml39I19IeahoBOV-ciQ6_KU1s/

The sheet called 'Form responses 1' is were the data is gathered. That sheet is controlled by the form and doesn't change so I made a second sheet called leaderboard to actually sort the info. Here is a link to the form so you can see how the data is collected and editing is possible plus you can see the leaderboard update with your own example: https://forms.gle/XELBffX3TTLFtqPw7

The leaderboard sheet just uses a single formula in the A1 position to actually call the info from the response sheet and sort it:

=QUERY('Form responses 1'!B:C,"order by C desc",1)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrHealthy said:

I put together a super basic example on my page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11P2L6idvILZWlF9lR4Ml39I19IeahoBOV-ciQ6_KU1s/

The sheet called 'Form responses 1' is were the data is gathered. That sheet is controlled by the form and doesn't change so I made a second sheet called leaderboard to actually sort the info. Here is a link to the form so you can see how the data is collected and editing is possible plus you can see the leaderboard update with your own example: https://forms.gle/XELBffX3TTLFtqPw7

The leaderboard sheet just uses a single formula in the A1 position to actually call the info from the response sheet and sort it:

=QUERY('Form responses 1'!B:C,"order by C desc",1)

Hell yeah dude. Ok, lemme mess around with this for a bit and maybe I can set this up to work and replace the tiers with a single leaderboard. Thanks!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Looking good man, lots of progress. For those trophies that are still hidden, do you have access to a PS3? The PS3 trophy list in online mode shows every game you've ever played on any system and you can press :triangle: on any game and click privacy settings and there's a checkbox to hide or unhide it. You have to know which ones are hidden cause there's no indication its hidden until you click on it...but it's possible to hide/unhide any game this way. 

No PS3 but I tried with my VITA and the hidden games are marked as "Show Trophies for This Game" or something like that, so I think I need to unhide them on a PS4, will try that on the weekend.