Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zach-Man97 said:

https://imgur.com/a/Cwt7Wsp 

Got my first DLC done. Not too many points, but I good start. Are we supposed to post an update for everything we finish, or would you prefer at just milestones. 

Updating for everything you finish is fine, or you could just do milestones. It's cool either way. Just only tag me in milestones like when you hit a new tier so I can update leaderboards. 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Another game down :) This time Cyberpunk 2077. This is another one that I started last year but wanted to wait to platinum for PDC 2024. Fun game and definitely recommend. Next up I'm working on all 4 versions of Skyrim at once, and they will all qualify for this challenge so I'll see a huge spike in points once that's complete :)

Good luck with the VR version. That game made me want to throw up within seconds lol 

• Like 1

Sooo, question - and apologies if it's been answered.

Where DLC is concerned, do we need to have unlocked a trophy before 2024 in the specific DLC for it to count, or is it enough to have started the base game before 2024?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, iXanon said:

Sooo, question - and apologies if it's been answered.

Where DLC is concerned, do we need to have unlocked a trophy before 2024 in the specific DLC for it to count, or is it enough to have started the base game before 2024?

Just have to have started the base game. The start date for any DLC is the start date of the base game. As long as that is 2023 or before you're good.

ZihjTsq.png

• Like 1

Omg, I just discovered that I'm 1 trophy away from 10,000 points with Final Fantasy XIV - Endwalker DLC...

So...I set up the rules, calculations and tiers thinking of the average gamer tackling the average backlog. Ever since the beginning of the year though so many people have pointed out ways to earn obscene amounts of points, even following all the rules as they are set forth.

Any suggestions from anyone on some sort of separate end game or separate leaderboard structure to account for the inevitable 20k+ people? Like that guy the other day about to pop 3 stacks of Fortnite for a bajillion points lol Some players are gonna blow past 5k points but I want the basic structure of the event to remain the same because for typical backlogs you're earning 50-200 points a game so it works well. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Any suggestions from anyone on some sort of separate end game or separate leaderboard structure to account for the inevitable 20k+ people?

This idea comes from the Kaleidoscope Challenge, where prestige levels (based on the # of rainbows you complete past your first one) are used. So, full credit goes to @DrBloodmoney. But, if you wanted, you could make a Prestige Tier or set of Tiers that goes beyond your Bronze-Platinum structure OR just add a "Platinum Prestige" note in the Platinum tier if you wanted to keep your original 4 tiers and just have the platinum one expand. You could have someone gain a prestige level every 10-15K points or something. The number of prestige levels and the point values are up to you. But, that would give you growing room as needed, while still allowing you to keep the original event intact. Those that hit the prestige tiers/levels could have a little add-on to their badge for every prestige level, a separate prestige badge, or something else entirely that you deem appropriate as recognition for the prestige part of the event.

I completely understand if this is not something you'd like to go with though! Hopefully, you'll find something that works for you! :)

Edited by InfinateEternity
Added info for the Platinum tier.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

This idea comes from the Kaleidoscope Challenge, where prestige levels (based on the # of rainbows you complete past your first one) are used. So, full credit goes to @DrBloodmoney. But, if you wanted, you could make a Prestige Tier or set of Tiers that goes beyond your Bronze-Platinum structure OR just add a "Platinum Prestige" note in the Platinum tier if you wanted to keep your original 4 tiers and just have the platinum one expand. You could have someone gain a prestige level every 10-15K points or something. The number of prestige levels and the point values are up to you. But, that would give you growing room as needed, while still allowing you to keep the original event intact. Those that hit the prestige tiers/levels could have a little add-on to their badge for every prestige level, a separate prestige badge, or something else entirely that you deem appropriate as recognition for the prestige part of the event.

I completely understand if this is not something you'd like to go with though! Hopefully, you'll find something that works for you! :)

That's actually perfect! It's simple and doesn't mess up the system already in place. Thank you so much!!

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 2:53 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Leaderboards

Platinum 5000+ Points Earned

Hide contents

You officially finish the challenge at 5,000 points. However, for every 1,000 points after your initial 5k you earn a prestige :platinum:.

216256.thumb.jpg.045e507cfefb8b27ff69fe9860dfb0ea.jpg Shyjun - :platinum:

Gold 3750+ Points Earned

Reveal hidden contents

No one has earned this tier yet...

Silver 2500+ Points Earned

Reveal hidden contents

Bronze 1250+ Points Earned

Reveal hidden contents

Credit to @InfinateEternity and @DrBloodmoney for the prestige idea. For those who are competition minded there will be prestige :platinum:'s added to the leaderboards for each additional 1,000 points over 5k. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

You're not the only one who discovered this. I'm aiming for this as well. Just need 1 triple triad card, 2 levels for Thancred, and the savage raid. Which shouldn't be too hard with the current item level and the relic weapon we'll likely get within a few weeks. Maybe add an award for the player that got the most points out of a single entry?

• Like 2

On 12/17/2023 at 8:31 AM, Shyjun said:

Looking forward to see someone get the platinum tier with only FF XIV 😅

Didn't think it could be happening so soon 😅

Well I think I don't have any more games worth that much point so it will be difficult to stay in the course if you go for this one.

Posted (edited)

I'm kind of ridiculous so I added my entire backlog onto Google Sheets lol 

Check it out if you're interested in doing something similar. Adding the filters makes it so it's sortable and I'm able to find games in certain ranges too. I'm shocked to see that even without any games without PSNProfiles guides and any games with unobtainable trophies, I could technically hit almost 100k points if I dedicated 9800hrs of my life to this 😂

Edited by Rebourne07

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

@Rebourne07 you need to switch your access settings on your doc to anyone with link. Right now its request access only.

Thank you! I fixed it. First sheet is completed, second sheet is my entire backlog.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12CF6g-9pdODbmfEFClwRA8A5-P9Dhjmjc4r0QHpTLMo/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Rebourne07

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Thank you! I fixed it. First sheet is completed, second sheet is my entire backlog.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12CF6g-9pdODbmfEFClwRA8A5-P9Dhjmjc4r0QHpTLMo/edit?usp=sharing

Damn how long did that take you 🤣 I'm kinda interested in doing the same but it took me ages filling in the ones I plan on doing

@Xylobe @Rebourne07 I have updated the time multiplier formula to resolve the #NUM error that you get if you enter a start date but no end date. The new formula is:

=IF (AND (B3<>"", F3<>""), 1 + (0.1 * DATEDIF(E3, F3, "Y")), IF(B3<>"", 1, ""))

If the end date is lower than the start date or their is no start date it will still error, but otherwise it should default to 1 if no end date is selected. It is 4 am here so please check my work.

As well here is a total points formula that skips any errors that are present by applying a value of zero to them:

=SUM(IFERROR(O3:O59,0))

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 4