Backlog Challenge 2024 - Sign Up Year-Round!

Will probably be a few weeks before I get any more eligible completions, I did not in fact load up a bunch of games haha. But I still have a solid start here :)

My List:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Total Score: 3131.75 (3086.75 without Rugby Challenge 4)

For the games that had no PSNP guide I just used the exact middle of time estimates provided. Those games were all taken from playstationtrophies.org:

Rugby Challenge (5/10, 10-15h)

Rugby World Cup 2011 (3/10, "20+ hours")

Chronicles of Riddick (10/10, 80-120h)

Chicken Police (3.5/10, 6-8h)

Bodycount (4.5, 12-16h)

I put 74% as my completion rate for all the games so far because it's approximately right, but definitely not possible for me to actually check now that I have finished so much stuff in the past week. At any rate, I certainly don't qualify for any modifiers (yet)!

I also put my completion for Rugby Challenge 4 here even though my guide - the only actual time/difficulty source on the entire internet - isn't up yet. It's definitely going to be at 3/10, 15h so I'd rather just put it in the list now so I don't forget later, but I do understand if it shouldn't count for +45 points for now.

• Like 4

I've started working on adding my backlog to a sheet.. It may take a while 😇 - I will of course check any non-PSNP guides with you before committing to them!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oB-g6sD6utTA3umrlwj54HqVBJ1s_vuVEQOowWIpEAs/edit?usp=sharing

I did finish my first game at the start of the year (Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon) - but it's sadly only worth a meagre 21 points so didn't mention it.. 😅

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Xylobe @DLM1988MUFC Congratulations on Bronze tier!

@VersusCA Congratulations on Silver tier!

@DLM1988MUFC Yes, you can earn points for finishing DLC on games you've previously platinum'd. But only for the DLC pack you finished. If you already earned the platinum or a different DLC pack previously you don't get points for those. The start date for the DLC (for time multiplier purposes) is the start date of the base game:

BCFDEhi.png

Also @everyone (that needs to be a feature lol), similar to my other events I'm working on a set of badges to be earned for special accomplishments within the event. If you have any good badge ideas post them here. I'm only gonna do like 10 badges and gonna prioritize stuff that's kinda hard to do for the most part to avoid having to update badges constantly so don't be offended if your idea isn't implemented but if you have some ideas shoot them my way.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

It's exciting seeing everyone tackling their backlogs!

jwppvZQ.png

I'm currently working on completing 100% Batman Arkham Knight, and Batman Arkham City

On Batman Arkham Knight most DLC does not have a guide on PSNP but found these on PST, @Rebourne07 can you confirm if I can use these? the points will be very low but doesn't matter.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/261244-arkham-episodes-trophy-guide-and-roadmap/

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/261245-batmobile-challenges-trophy-guide-and-roadmap/

For Arkham City I'm working on Catwoman's Pack

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3027-batman-arkham-city-catwoman-dlc-trophy-guide

But for the Robin & Nightwing challenges there is no guide on PSNP, but on PST

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/147337-batman-arkham-city-dlc-trophy-guide-and-road-map/

Also asking for these two, i'm close to banking those points and will update my sheet accordingly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v-r4TcIoXpli0gO-0O6aYLP2d9dywRido7Vpv0uTYtE/edit#gid=1701472501

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kirenoxs said:

It's exciting seeing everyone tackling their backlogs!

jwppvZQ.png

I'm currently working on completing 100% Batman Arkham Knight, and Batman Arkham City

On Batman Arkham Knight most DLC does not have a guide on PSNP but found these on PST, @Rebourne07 can you confirm if I can use these? the points will be very low but doesn't matter.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/261244-arkham-episodes-trophy-guide-and-roadmap/

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/261245-batmobile-challenges-trophy-guide-and-roadmap/

For Arkham City I'm working on Catwoman's Pack

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3027-batman-arkham-city-catwoman-dlc-trophy-guide

But for the Robin & Nightwing challenges there is no guide on PSNP, but on PST

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/147337-batman-arkham-city-dlc-trophy-guide-and-road-map/

Also asking for these two, i'm close to banking those points and will update my sheet accordingly

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v-r4TcIoXpli0gO-0O6aYLP2d9dywRido7Vpv0uTYtE/edit#gid=1701472501

Yes you can count those guides :)

48 minutes ago, iXanon said:

If I felt like torturing myself for the year... Gran Turismo 5 would be worth  14,250 points 😂

Damn, that's even more than Diablo II would net me lol. Think the highest one I plan on getting is Fallout 3 which will net me just under 2k. 

I'm off the mark, just finished Skyrim and two DLC's for PS5! Now to get that one trophy on the Dragonborn DLC on the PS3 version...what kind of weirdo would just leave one trophy?  Yeah, that would be me...Not a lot of points so far, but a good start to the year for me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iXanon said:

If I felt like torturing myself for the year... Gran Turismo 5 would be worth  14,250 points 😂

Started working on my unearned trophies for this a couple months ago and it didn't take long to realise there's basically no chance of me getting the plat lol, I know the Vettel challenges can be cheesed but i would still need tons of practice for golds on some of the other licenses and special events

I like the badges! For my own benefit, I went through my eligible backlog to see which of them I might be able to earn:

Spoiler
  • Arduity - Guaranteed if DLCs count, zero chance otherwise (and it sounds like they don't).
  • Blood, Sweat, and Tears - It might be possible for my sub-1k point games to hit 5k total, but that 1.75x profile completion modifier is really working against me. That's assuming that having 1k+ games in the first place doesn't disqualify me.
  • Closure - Guaranteed.
  • Drop in the Bucket - Guaranteed. I'm really wondering if anyone else is going to have an incomplete 1/10 1-hour game or DLC on their list.
  • Finishing Touch - Only realistic options are Doodle Kingdom and Hotline Miami, both of which should be doable.
  • Got 'Er Done - Unless something gets a bunch of new DLC, my only options look like Borderlands 2 (PS3), Muramasa Rebirth, and Red Dead Redemption (PS3). Very unlikely.
  • One Shot - Guaranteed.
  • Phew - Unlikely unless Godfall gets shut down or games with already-closed servers are eligible.
  • Repentance - Unlikely; I have a small handful of options, but nothing I was planning on tackling otherwise. Home (PS4) would be the candidate of choice.
  • Round 2 - This is mid-2018 for me; my only options are Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (not happening), Dishonored (extremely not happening), and Alice: Madness Returns (only probably not happening).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xylobe said:

I like the badges! For my own benefit, I went through my eligible backlog to see which of them I might be able to earn:

Reveal hidden contents
  • Arduity - Guaranteed if DLCs count, zero chance otherwise (and it sounds like they don't).
  • Blood, Sweat, and Tears - It might be possible for my sub-1k point games to hit 5k total, but that 1.75x profile completion modifier is really working against me. That's assuming that having 1k+ games in the first place doesn't disqualify me.
  • Closure - Guaranteed.
  • Drop in the Bucket - Guaranteed. I'm really wondering if anyone else is going to have an incomplete 1/10 1-hour game or DLC on their list.
  • Finishing Touch - Only realistic options are Doodle Kingdom and Hotline Miami, both of which should be doable.
  • Got 'Er Done - Unless something gets a bunch of new DLC, my only options look like Borderlands 2 (PS3), Muramasa Rebirth, and Red Dead Redemption (PS3). Very unlikely.
  • One Shot - Guaranteed.
  • Phew - Unlikely unless Godfall gets shut down or games with already-closed servers are eligible.
  • Repentance - Unlikely; I have a small handful of options, but nothing I was planning on tackling otherwise. Home (PS4) would be the candidate of choice.
  • Round 2 - This is mid-2018 for me; my only options are Shantae: Half-Genie Hero (not happening), Dishonored (extremely not happening), and Alice: Madness Returns (only probably not happening).

Awesome :) I'll expand it to DLCs. And you'd still be eligible even if you hit 5k with 1k+ games. It's just if you can do 5k points even with those games removed that you get the badge. 

12 minutes ago, IzTriicky__ said:

First game done!

8ezgdn4.png

One of the best roguelikes I've ever played. I had this completed on Xbox so figured I clean up on the playstation side as well. Netted me some good points too so can't be mad about that!

Good job man! Just to clear up confusion, your profile % is found here. You'll want to lower it on the Profile section of your Google Sheets doc so that your Profile Modifier is correct :)

UcaijNS.png

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to really getting into this in the coming weeks. I'll post my current progress at the end of this week... I started with a MASSIVE 1.5 points thanks to Sonic The Fighters!

The big one for me though will be when I resub to FFXIV. I'm planning on completing the platinum + heavensward + stormblood + shadowbringers. That's a grand total of 29,970 if I calculated it correctly! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoastedPeanut said:

I'm looking forward to really getting into this in the coming weeks. I'll post my current progress at the end of this week... I started with a MASSIVE 1.5 points thanks to Sonic The Fighters!

The big one for me though will be when I resub to FFXIV. I'm planning on completing the platinum + heavensward + stormblood + shadowbringers. That's a grand total of 29,970 if I calculated it correctly! :D

Yeah, Final Fantasy XIV is so huge that I’m going to have to make separate hall of fame categories for most points with and without it. 

This will be a hell of a Chase this Year :D

2 Games allready Cleared out of the Backlog.

99 Games to go for the 100% :D

Posting my List when done a bit more. Or is it better to submit the List via google Drive or something ?

8 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Hey there guys. So as with my other events on here I decided to add some badges. These are optional extra challenges you can take on and these icons will show next to your name on the leaderboards upon completion. These are only applied to those who reach Platinum tier (to keep me from having to update constantly) but you can keep them in mind as you go if any of them pique your interest :)

Also, side note, I removed the partial completion multiplier. No one talked about it and it wasn't even on the official Google sheet plus it seemed like a pain to calculate and track. 

Damn, the partial completion multiplier was kind of my main motivator to go back and try and get max possible % on a couple games with shutdown servers. 😮

The badges are cool though, only eligible for a handful though.

Spoiler
  • Arduity - The only games in my backlog with 9/10 are impossible, so can't get this.
  • Blood, Sweat, and Tears - Does the 1k+ limit include (base + DLC) together? If so, impossible, otherwise very doable.
  • Closure - None of the games that old are possible anymore.
  • Drop in the Bucket - Nope 😅
  • Finishing Touch - Both Overwatch and Payday 2 eligible for this.
  • Got 'Er Done - Dead By Daylight 🙃
  • One Shot - Nearly everything in backlog eligible for this.
  • Phew - Doubt anything will. If anything maaaaybe Payday 1 or Resident Evil 5, but both feel unlikely.
  • Repentance - Surprisingly ineligible, everything had 2 or 3 trophies.
  • Round 2 - Black Ops 2 or CoD Ghosts both eligible for this one.

So Finishing Touch, Got 'Er Done, One Shot and Round 2 I can get...

Completed my first game for the event -> Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Captura-de-ecr-2024-01-09-104004.png

I already had completed the story, so I mostly had some collectibles and mini-games stuff left. A bit tedious but went through it. Right now, I am also working on Katamari Forever on PS3, which is taking a little bit longer than I expected. Also going to check why DLCs I will start to tackle.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Also, side note, I removed the partial completion multiplier. No one talked about it and it wasn't even on the official Google sheet plus it seemed like a pain to calculate and track. 

It is on the google sheet though. It's just hidden by default. Press the little arrows between F and I columns as well as between M and O.

• Like 2