OFFICIAL! Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

In all seriousness, its actually really good to see CoD getting taken in a bit of a new direction - as much as ill make a bit of fun of the series it still plays well, and id really like to see an interesting new CoD come out and revive the series a bit - this seems to be looking to fill the Crysis kind of space o could be interesting

This is getting way to much high tech stuff and shit like that.. even tho im a huge cod fan im not really excited.

I just want some of the old classy cod back like CoD 2

I think alot of us want to see a return to the series roots, but in the meantime this direction seem fresh and awesome. I'm pumped.

I believe this is a working title - the final title will be Call of Duty: Flogging a Dead Horse

I just died. In all seriousness....it's COD. I will most likely not get it but we'll need to see some actually gameplay and what they are 'changing' before any decisions are made.

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed Call of Duty's story lines and this does look quite interesting (I like the whole idea of private military corporations overtaking normal government militaries)

But I will have to wait until I see the multiplayer to decide if I pick this up day one or just pick it up when its cheap enough to justify just buying it for the single player, (I skipped Ghosts because neither where interesting to me)

On a side note: I wonder if we pre-order now do we get bonus Kevin Spacey DLC....or does the collectors edition included a 9inch statue of Kevin Spacey?

Either way I wanna play as Kevin Spacey!

callofdutyadvancedwarfareboxart1.jpg

As can be expected, more info just keeps pouring in. Above is the official PS4 box art (for the regular edition). Looks like the WiiU isn't getting any love. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is confirmed just for the PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC. No Nintendo love from Activision haha. Also Amazon released more juicy details and a synopsis. Courtesy of CharlieIntel.com. Source quoted: (http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/02/first-details-on-story-and-soldiers-of-advanced-warfare-revealed-by-amazon/)

Amazon UK has just posted their listing for Advanced Warfare, and they have also posted the official description of the title.

The description gives first details and a storyline of the game, and confirms that Jonathan Irons is the name of the main villain.Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history.

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award® winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons – one of the most powerful men in the world – shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.

Power Changes Everything.

An Advanced World:

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today’s military practices have converged with powerful consequences.

In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.

And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world’s largest PMC – Atlas Corporation – is at the center of it all.

An Advanced Soldier:

Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.

The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.

With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally chan

An Advanced Arsenal:

Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare brings players into the battlegrounds of the future by boasting a new hi-tech, advanced arsenal and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.

Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.

And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.

Article Cited: http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/02/first-details-on-story-and-soldiers-of-advanced-warfare-revealed-by-amazon/

• Like 2

Wow, I could understand no Wii-U if they weren't putting it on PS3/360 but since those systems are getting it it obviously isn't a graphics thing. I guess Nintendo shouldn't have made a stupid tablet controller that is hard to program for after all (who would have thunk it)

Wow, I could understand no Wii-U if they weren't putting it on PS3/360 but since those systems are getting it it obviously isn't a graphics thing. I guess Nintendo shouldn't have made a stupid tablet controller that is hard to program for after all (who would have thunk it)

I knew Nintendo was crazy when they released the WiiU so late into last-gen and had the audacity to call it a next-gen console. Nintendo is slowly dying. They have clearly lost touch with reality. It's why big third-party studios are starting to ignore them. I chalk it up to Nintendo's stubbornness.

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 2

This is the first CoD game I've actually been excited for haha, thanks for the extra info man; still worried about the MP side though, IW and Sledgehammer seem like they don't have much of a clue in regards to what fans/players actually want. I get that it's hard to make well balanced multiplayer FPS games, I'm not saying it's easy by any means, but my grand mother could've told IW that huge ass maps was a bad idea. :awesome: 

And MW3 looked awful, all the colors seemed so washed out, the game looked like it was made by someone who only knows the colors, grey, green and brown. They had death streaks to -_- oh god I'm scared, someone hold me.. please don't screw this up sledgehammer (not that you're reading this) the campaign sounds fecking bad ass! damn I'm excited, Kevin Spacey too, holy shiiiiiiieeet.

Edited by dfyd

The trailer was epic!! The single player campaign looks like it will be the best in years and i love the visuals. It looks truly next gen, unlike Ghosts. The trailer was xbox one footage, so i can't wait to see how it will look on ps4.

Only sad news is that it was also confirmed on the official xbox website that it will be another microsoft timed dlc exclusive deal. As a playstation CoD gamer, this annoys the heck out of me. Activision already makes more money than any other publisher with the game itself, so i don't get why they need to screw us over just to be greedy. :(

Threads merged. We only need one thread for information about Advanced Warfare.  ;)

Parker

Fair enough, could you add it to the beginning of the post though instead? I just want the latest stuff to be seen, and putting it deep in the comments means it is more likely to be overlooked, if you know what I mean. :)

The trailer was epic!! The single player campaign looks like it will be the best in years and i love the visuals. It looks truly next gen, unlike Ghosts. The trailer was xbox one footage, so i can't wait to see how it will look on ps4.

Only sad news is that it was also confirmed on the official xbox website that it will be another microsoft timed dlc exclusive deal. As a playstation CoD gamer, this annoys the heck out of me. Activision already makes more money than any other publisher with the game itself, so i don't get why they need to screw us over just to be greedy. :(

Agreed, it does look awesome. Yeah, I'm so sick of timed exclusivity. We've been screwed by it since MW2. That's nearly five years now. It's getting old. 

• Like 1

I could've sworn Activision confirmed that the PlayStation 4 was going to be the lead platform for CoD this generation. I'm not surprised that Microsoft is still paying them tons of money for timed exclusive DLC but I wonder why they're showing Xbone footage of their game if the PS4 version is the lead platform. Of course I'm sure it doesn't really matter because they will probably look near identical.

Fair enough, could you add it to the beginning of the post though instead?

Done. Keep in mind you can edit your post too so if there is a certain way you prefer to have it organized you can fix it. 

Parker

I could've sworn Activision confirmed that the PlayStation 4 was going to be the lead platform for CoD this generation. I'm not surprised that Microsoft is still paying them tons of money for timed exclusive DLC but I wonder why they're showing Xbone footage of their game if the PS4 version is the lead platform. Of course I'm sure it doesn't really matter because they will probably look near identical.

Done. Keep in mind you can edit your post too so if there is a certain way you prefer to have it organized you can fix it. 

Parker

I never heard that. I think I remember Microsoft saying at E3 they had signed a deal to continue this crappy arrangement for three more years or something like that. Also thanks for the reminder, for some reason it didn't cross my mind. 

Edited by DanielVT

I never heard that. I think I remember Microsoft saying at E3 they had signed a deal to continue this crappy arrangement for three more years or something like that. Also thanks for the reminder, for some reason it didn't cross my mind. 

I suppose it was just a rumor, but there are a few articles about it. 

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2325199/ps4_will_be_call_of_dutys_lead_platform.html

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/03/18/rumor-call-of-dutys-lead-platform-switching-to-ps4-due-to-xbox-one-sales/

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Deathmanstratos/RUMOR:_Activision_may_switch_Call_of_Duty's_Lead_Platform_to_PS4

Parker

Hmmm.....interesting. I wonder if that is still the case? I mean I know Microsoft gets DLC first, maybe the PS4 was the main system of development focus. I mean the PS4 has higher resolution than all systems but the PC. Who knows. Microsoft has nothing but timed exclusivity. If they lost that, they'd be in trouble. I mean Titanfall 2 is going to Sony platforms as well I hear. 

A little unfair for the fans yes, yet money well spent on Microsoft's end. CoD sells more than just Xbox games, think about headsets, consoles, DLC and Xbox Live subscriptions. Smart marketing move.

Who cares about Kevin Spacey, this is a FPS?! Majority of the players don't even touch the campaign.

• Like 1