OFFICIAL! Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

004-noscale.jpg

"The trailer meant to air on May 4 announcing details for this year's Call of Duty game has leaked ahead of its intended reveal date. The game will be called Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and has a scheduled release date of November 4 this year.

The video has been posted on Destructoid, who also alleged via a "trusted" source that the game's story will focus on a "soldier of fortune group run by [Kevin] Spacey's character that has turned on the United States government".

According to the same source, details surrounding the game include the ability for players to don exosuits that enable much higher jumping capabilities, the ability to scale buildings, and cloaking. Hoverbikes will also reportedly be present.

Earlier today a video featuring American actor Kevin Spacey was published on the official Call of Duty Instagram account.

Check out some of the screenshots of the trailer below. Be sure to follow GameSpot for all the Call of Duty news as it breaks." (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer-and-release-date-leaked/1100-6419370/)

Wow....this game looks really futuristic. There were guys climbing walls in exoskeletons, motorbikes that hovered over the ground, the box art looks sick..............I'm going crazy.This game has got me E.X.C.I.T.E.D. It looks more futuristic than BLOPSII even. It's arriving 11-4-2014. I'll post pictures below. Sorry for them being soooo huge, its the only size available. 

http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-leaked-see-the-first-video-and-images-274126.phtml

005-noscale.jpg

002-noscale.jpg

003-noscale.jpg

006-noscale.jpg

007-noscale.jpg

008-noscale.jpg

009-noscale.jpg

001-noscale.jpg

callofdutyadvancedwarfareboxart1.jpg

As can be expected, more info just keeps pouring in. Above is the official PS4 box art (for the regular edition). Looks like the WiiU isn't getting any love. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is confirmed just for the PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC. No Nintendo love from Activision haha. Also Amazon released more juicy details and a synopsis. Courtesy of CharlieIntel.com. Source quoted: (http://www.charliein...led-by-amazon/)

Amazon UK has just posted their listing for Advanced Warfare, and they have also posted the official description of the title.

The description gives first details and a storyline of the game, and confirms that Jonathan Irons is the name of the main villain.Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, developed by Sledgehammer Games (co-developers of Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3), harnesses the first three-year, all next-gen development cycle in franchise history.

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare envisions the powerful battlegrounds of the future, where both technology and tactic have evolved to usher in a new era of combat for the franchise. Delivering a stunning performance, Academy Award® winning actor Kevin Spacey stars as Jonathan Irons – one of the most powerful men in the world – shaping this chilling vision of the future of war.

Power Changes Everything.

An Advanced World:

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare takes place in a plausible future in which technological progress and today’s military practices have converged with powerful consequences.

In this carefully researched and crafted vision of the future, Private Military Corporations (PMCs) have become the dominant armed forces for countless nations outsourcing their military needs, redrawing borders and rewriting the rules of war.

And Jonathan Irons, the founder and president of the world’s largest PMC – Atlas Corporation – is at the center of it all.

An Advanced Soldier:

Powerful exoskeletons evolve every aspect of a soldier’s battle readiness, enabling combatants to deploy with an advanced lethality and eliminating the need for specialization.

The introduction of this gameplay mechanic delivers enhanced player movement and verticality through boost jumps and grappling, covert cloaking abilities, and biomechanics that provide unparalleled strength, awareness, endurance, and speed.

With the advent of the exoskeleton and newly advanced armor and weaponry, every soldier commands tactical freedom in any terrain unlike ever before, fundamentally chan

An Advanced Arsenal:

Harnessing the power of next-gen platforms, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare brings players into the battlegrounds of the future by boasting a new hi-tech, advanced arsenal and ability set, arming players with all-new equipment, technology, perks, and vehicles like hoverbikes and highly specialized drones.

Players can also choose between standard ammunition and an all-new class of directed-energy weaponry that enables totally new gameplay dynamics.

And with exoskeletons delivering a massive force multiplier and unprecedented tactical freedom, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare evolves every firefight.

Article Cited: http://www.charliein...aled-by-amazon/

Edited by Parker
Daniel found some more information.
  • Like 3

HOOOOOOOLEEEEEEE SHIIIIIIT! :o KEVIN MUTHA F'N SPACEY!!!!!

I've never bought a CoD game for the story.. that's about to change.

Still have my doubts about the multiplayer, MW3 was horrid, Ghosts was the worst CoD game to date in my opinion which was IW but still MW3 was -_- so I'm a little skeptical of Sledgehammers ability but I guess we'll find out soon.

Could be worse.. could be infinity ward haha. 

KEVIN SPACEY AHHHHHHH xD

P.S those soldiers look like they have some G.I Joe stuff going on haha, should be interesting.  B)

Edited by dfyd
  • Like 3

Looks pretty cool. Seems as though they are trying to change things up a bit in this series. However my hopes for this series are not very high anymore, after playing Ghosts it seems like it's only going downhill. But mabey not. The storyline does look interesting in my opinion. I will probably have to see the reviews before I buy.

This story... this environment... looks interesting! This is the first Call of Duty I've been interested to see the story in a while, but it's gonna take a lot for me to actually buy it, I need to see more, because I don't want it to be another Call of Duty, the multiplayer really needs something to it.

However, I must say, It's been a while since I've said a Call of Duty game looked good, but this game looks quite good! Especially the lighting, they actually nailed the lighting this time! 

This time period has been done before though (Black Ops II), so I'm interested to see Sledgehammer's take on the literal story, hopefully it's not rubbish. The environment of this world looks really cool though, I want to explore it, lol

• Like 2

The Exoskeleton stuff looks cool. Maybe if there's more features to it then I'll consider getting it.

I agree, I just don't want to see exoskeleton's messing up COD's traditional mp feel if you know what I mean. It would suck to have invisible, cloaked snipers and guys jumping around avoiding bullets etc. 

I must say, I'm quite impressed. Hopefully they can take these new and improved ideas, characters and stories and craft a game that is new and truly different in its own way.

More than that though, as people have been saying, they really need to change up the Multiplayer a bit; I like the feel of the MP in COD, but there need to be a few cool new shake-ups to make this an early purchase for me.

I have never bought a COD or BF game before, but I'm definitely buying this one. The story seems to be fecking amazing :o Thanks for sharing this Daniel :awesome:

Sure thing, happy to get the jump on this....for this website at least, :P lol

I must say, I'm quite impressed. Hopefully they can take these new and improved ideas, characters and stories and craft a game that is new and truly different in its own way.

More than that though, as people have been saying, they really need to change up the Multiplayer a bit; I like the feel of the MP in COD, but there need to be a few cool new shake-ups to make this an early purchase for me.

I totally agree with everything you said, but I don't want cloaked enemies or jumping exo-skeletons in mp. That would suck. COD MP is all about the gun-skills and it should remain that way IMO. 

• Like 2

I agree, I just don't want to see exoskeleton's messing up COD's traditional mp feel if you know what I mean. It would suck to have invisible, cloaked snipers and guys jumping around avoiding bullets etc. 

That's sort of what I expected actually. Well, not the cloaked thing. I imagine that would be a perk that makes you go invisible for 5-10 seconds. But being able to jump higher and climb the walls would be awesome. The maps would need to be bigger though.

First time in a while that I've been excited for a new CoD 

I used to be a part of the hating CoD bandwagon up until a year ago when I came to the realization that I didn't hate the series I had just become disappointed with some of the recent entries in the series. No CoD game hasn't matched CoD 4 imo

But seeing the trailer I can appreciate that they are (seemingly) doing somethings differently, but if the developers prove that this truly is the "new era" of the series then I am happy to go along with them.

Hmm. They went in the complete opposite direction I wanted (I want another WWII shooter) but I love me some Kevin Spacey so I am interested to see what role he plays in the game. The game does look good though. 

Parker