ARCADE ARCHIVES: Must play titles.

SuchRemorse

I love older arcade games. I see that Arcade Archives has released a BUNCH of old arcade games for the PS4. I bought a few that I recognize such as Double Dragon, Renegade and Metal Slug. They are great! What other MUST HAVE titles or hidden gems are there? They have put out hundreds of games at this point and I want to pick up most of the essentials. What games would you consider the best of the best?

Edited by SuchRemorse

Sengoku 3, Pulstar, In the Hunt, King of the Monsters 2, The Last Blade 2 and Aero Fighters 3.

There are a lot more games like the Samurai Shodown or Metal Slug series. But most of them are also avaible as collections that have a better price-performance ratio (like the SNK 40th. Anniversary Collection or the Metal Slug Anthology) than the Arcade Archives in my opinion.

• Like 1

Pulstar was only one I fully finished (after having all trophies done) out of curiosity what is comming next. Graphics mesmerised me for some reason.

Puzzled was also very fun. I havn't seen this take on tetris before, tropies were suprisingly hard. I had to victory lap this to get 300k+ but i didn't farm early levels

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I personally wonder if all of these games are still purchasable and how long it would take to complete all of them.

Super Sidekicks 2/3 and The Ultimate 11 were delisted a while back. I know this because I have completed nearly every other AA game (got like 4 or 5 left to do) and it kills me that I'll never have the full set 😅 

Mystic Warriors: Think Sunset Riders 2, only with Ninjas. This just came out today on PSN.

Rolling Thunder 2

Pole Position II: An early Namco racer with Fuji Speedway, Suzuka Circuit, and a couple others.

Dragon Saber: Dragon Spirit 2. This did come out for PS1 with the Namco Museum Encore, but in Japan only.

Blazing Star: Another good one by the Pulstar team. Looks similar but plays very different, with no checkpoints and a medal score system.

Neo Turf Masters

Tetris TGM 1 & 2

We got robbed on Marvel Land. This is due to licensing issues between Hamster & Disney... ugh, what a crock. Disney are being so wrong and greedy here. FFS it's obvious this is not about their Marvel. It's been said that Disney tried to sue Williams over Robotron 2084, because they felt the name infringed on Tron. I find it easy to believe that Disney stooped so low.

Hamster should just rename ML to Talmit's Adventure (the title used by Namco Europe for the Mega Drive version) in the USA rather than cancelling it. While it's emulated just fine in M**E, I'd jump at the chance to buy a licensed version.

May we get Tetris TGM 3: Terror Instinct someday. Hopefully Arika is seeing a good response from the first two games' release.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

21 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I personally wonder if all of these games are still purchasable and how long it would take to complete all of them.

They are all for sale on the psn store. As far as I know! I mean I'm not going to search up over 300 titles but I'm sure they are all there. As far as completion goes?? It depends on the game and your skill level. Some games can be finished in minutes others might take an hour or 2.