Thinking about buying PS Vita but have some questions.

erwint0920

As the title says I'm thinking about buying the Vita but have alot of doubts about it and was wondering if anyone could help me answer some of the questions that I have.

1. Is the PS store still active on the Vita? And if so can you still buy games on it in the EU store?

2. I have multiple games on my profile that say they are multi platform with the Vita but have no seperate list, how does that work?

3. If I got one of those multi platform games with PS Plus and played on the PS4 does that mean I also have the Vita version

4. Is there a way for me to see which games I haven't played and got with PS Plus came with the Vita version?

5. Question for Dutch Vita users, is there a reliable seller of new or refurbished PS Vita's that are or deliver to the Netherlands?

My doubts are mostly if is it still worth buying a PS Vita? Am I going to be wasting my money on something that I can't use.

If anyone has answers to these questions then thank you in advance.

Edited by erwint0920
Aditional question

I bought a Vita in 2019, used but in "as new" condition for 120€, because I always wanted to play Uncharted Golden Abyss. Ended up playing other games first though. But I noticed that I don't often play on the Vita when I'm at home, close to never. Also, as I'm not a fan of JRPGs or the like I find it quite hard to find games to play because "western" AAA studios mostly ignored the Vita. However, the few games I find interesting are fun to play when I'm on the go, visiting my family over the holidays when I don't have access to my PS5 for example. And I don't want to miss my Vita but I'm definitely not playing as much as I thought.

My suggestion would be to have a look at possible games you would want to play and then decide if it's worth or not. But keep in mind that you will pay full price when buying them in the store as there are no Vita-sales anymore.

• Like 3

Vita is cool and all, but shouldn't there be a Super Switch coming soon? I'd expect Nintendo's newest handheld to release in 2025 at the latest, so that's something to keep in mind for future purchases.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Vita is cool and all, but shouldn't there be a Super Switch coming soon? I'd expect Nintendo's newest handheld to release in 2025 at the latest, so that's something to keep in mind for future purchases.

True but the Vita has some exclusives you're not to find anywhere else so it's worth it just for them, just make sure you have a sizable overdraft with your bank so you can afford everything ;).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought the Vita this year during summer for a holiday trip and played the Ratchet & Clank trilogy on it. I do have the Jak & Daxter trilogy too due to owning it on PS4. As another user said, the game selection isn't great and I don't know what other games I really want for it. I have the FFX and X-2 remaster but yet to even try it.

The main issue I had was the memory card, definitely watch out for that. Luckily my local gaming store had a 16GB one for £10, bit of a steal. You can use a MicroSD adapter but that'll result in you needing to sacrifice the game card slot. 

PS Vita ps store is very fast. Way better than PS3 and sometimes than PS4

3 minutes ago, se_guevara99 said:

I bought the Vita this year during summer for a holiday trip and played the Ratchet & Clank trilogy on it. I do have the Jak & Daxter trilogy too due to owning it on PS4. As another user said, the game selection isn't great and I don't know what other games I really want for it. I have the FFX and X-2 remaster but yet to even try it.

The main issue I had was the memory card, definitely watch out for that. Luckily my local gaming store had a 16GB one for £10, bit of a steal. You can use a MicroSD adapter but that'll result in you needing to sacrifice the game card slot. 

You need Killzone/Uncharted/Resistance/Gravity Rush/Mortal Kombat 9/ Unit 13/ and also have tons of Japan games on this platform 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly I had my doubts about buying vita, but the notion of earning trophies on the go seems attractive to me right now. Especially if you are someone who loves doing stacks, it has the amazing God of War, MGS, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter. Would love to do those plats again.

It is also necessary if you enjoy going for full series completions, having games from series Uncharted, Call of Duty, Re, NFS, Silent hill.

Edited by Fiercethetear
  • Like 2

This site is great to let you know which games were released on PS plus over the years. 

Did you just purchase the PS4 games ? Or use the webstore to add everything to library every month ? 

https://psplusinfo.com/games/psv

If you added everything on PS Plus every month to your library then you may never need to buy a vita game (personal preferences aside)  , if not ... as mentioned by others there are some standout titles but it can get pricey

The only way I know is to check your download list is on either PS3 or Vita, or ask a friend to log into your account and check for you.

One thing to note about the VITA is that although the carts are region free - digitally you are locked to a single account (without having multiple memory cards) 

I apologise for the bad explanation  - but in essence you can only log into a single PSN account at a time.

I have multiple accounts on PS3/PS4/PS5 but the vita has NO SECONDARY accounts

4 hours ago, erwint0920 said:

As the title says I'm thinking about buying the Vita but have alot of doubts about it and was wondering if anyone could help me answer some of the questions that I have.

1. Is the PS store still active on the Vita? And if so can you still buy games on it in the EU store?

You will need to activate 2 step verification and generate a code to log in on your vita/PS3

Easier to add funds to PSN on webstore 

4 hours ago, erwint0920 said:

2. I have multiple games on my profile that say they are multi platform with the Vita but have no seperate list, how does that work?

3. If I got one of those multi platform games with PS Plus and played on the PS4 does that mean I also have the Vita version

4. Is there a way for me to see which games I haven't played and got with PS Plus came with the Vita version?

https://psplusinfo.com/games/psv

Worth checking to see if any games have shared trophy lists .  

23 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

You need Killzone/Uncharted/Resistance/Gravity Rush/Mortal Kombat 9/ Unit 13/ and also have tons of Japan games on this platform 

What's the best place to grab these games? Is there a digital marketplace for the game keys or should I just get to hunting the physical cards

17 minutes ago, Fiercethetear said:

Say you hack your vita but earn trophies legit, will you get flagged? Is there even a way to tell?

If your Vita trophy timestamps mirror earning trophies according to the Leaderboard rules, in general no. There is no indicators the site can see that a Vita has CFW.

• Like 2

I imported a brand new slim vita from Japan last year for $250

because I buy all my games digitally, and was paranoid about the ps store randomly shutting down, I bought a brand new 64gb memory card off amazon 🤮

when I bought it, I had a bunch of "free" games already that were crossbuy (that I might have previously purchased on PS3/PS4 years ago)

for me personally, as @HuntingFever suggested, I bought all the vita exclusives I wanted to play... anything that isn't crossbuy but was available on PS3/4 I ignored

I personally prefer to game on a big tv with a controller. I've never been a fan of portable gaming for that reason. I never play games on my phone for example

because of my own personal criteria, thankfully my backlog isn't that big, and I only have 3 more vita games that I want to finish (hopefully in the next 2 or 3 months) and then I'll get rid of it

if u do a lot of commuting, and possible love JRPGs (the vita has A LOT of those) u will love it. just keep in mind its a lot slower to use compared to a PS4 (and especially the PS5)

• Like 3