Pokemon Ruby And Sapphire 3DS Remakes Announced

Venocide

I had originally written a long paragraph about how Nintendo is just a shell of its former self but then realized...I just don't care enough to defend my points against people who will reply to my post. It is sad that I just care that little about a former great company. I really hope they go third party soon so I won't have to really hear about Nintendo's slow death anymore.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

''In 2012, Nintendo reported their first annual loss in three decades. That means that across the releases of the NES, Game & Watch, SNES, Virtual Boy, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Gamecube, Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi, the hardware giant had turned a profit. Facts released by the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine revealed the extent of these profits in the same year, revealing that the company had an astounding 812.8 billion Yen ($10.5/£6.7 billion) in the bank. This means that Nintendo could make a 20 million yen  (/$257/£163 million) loss each year until the year 2052.''

Please do tell why you think the failure of the Wii U spells the death of Nintendo?

As long as Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Pokemon continue to make them money they won't go third-party as that will only lose them money.

Not to mention they OWN the handheld market.

Edited by Lion-Lhasa
  • Like 1

Day 1. 

Edit: Seriously though, I disliked R/S/E, they are imo the weakest in the series, although D/P/Pt weren't anything special either. 

Having said that, I can't get enough of the Pokemon online, and i'm sure they'll improve upon the original greatly, so I can't wait! :)

Edited by Resident-Zelda

''In 2012, Nintendo reported their first annual loss in three decades. That means that across the releases of the NES, Game & Watch, SNES, Virtual Boy, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Gamecube, Wii, Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi, the hardware giant had turned a profit. Facts released by the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine revealed the extent of these profits in the same year, revealing that the company had an astounding 812.8 billion Yen ($10.5/£6.7 billion) in the bank. This means that Nintendo could make a 20 million yen  (/$257/£163 million) loss each year until the year 2052.''

Please do tell why you think the failure of the Wii U spells the death of Nintendo?

As long as Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Pokemon continue to make them money they won't go third-party as that will only lose them money.

Not to mention they OWN the handheld market.

No financially they will be alright but creatively they have been dead for over a decade. Also Metroid doesn't make them money so take that one out of the equation.

Mario, Zelda and Pokemon...how as gamers can you really be happy with the same three games over and over and over. They don't even do anything new with the games Pokemon really hasn't changed in any significant way in over 20 years. Yes there are changes like you can catch different pokemon at night or there is contests to enter them in but there are 24 main games in 20 years and that doesn't include the dozens of spin off games. It is basically the same story over and over, you start with the same three pokemon types, you still can't change your starting pokemon before a battle (one of the dumbest things not to change because it makes no sense), and you know what...I don't care to argue this with people.

Nintendo is a dead company. Sure people can still buy their few straggling IPs over and over but that doesn't change the fact that a once great company is just treading water now. It is sad to see and that is why I wish them a quick death so they can go 3rd party and be free of the console obligations and actually go back to creating awesome and unique games.

• Like 2

The original Ruby was one of the last Pokemon games I played, I really liked it too, it was also one of the only Pokemon games that I actually completed the Pokedex on, I have to admit I'm a little curious about how these new ones are going to be.

Both Versions Day 1 for me.

Pokemon Ruby was the First Game I Completed the National Pokedex & now its time to do it again in 3D!

As long as the games are good, they can milk it as much as they like.

that Miltank Makes some good Milk :awesome:

Looking forward to this though i felt it was kind of a letdown after coming from Gold and Silver since it didn't allow you to fight past gym leaders and it introduced those ridiculous pokemon contest.

Though i wonder if they plan to add some potential new mega evolutions to this remake

Nintendo is a dead company. Sure people can still buy their few straggling IPs over and over but that doesn't change the fact that a once great company is just treading water now. It is sad to see and that is why I wish them a quick death so they can go 3rd party and be free of the console obligations and actually go back to creating awesome and unique games.

To be fair, a lot of people said this about PlayStation when the PS3 was doing horribly (people are even saying this about Microsoft now) but look how Sony turned around.  :lol: That isn't to say Nintendo doesn't have a lot of work to do because they do.

OT: I'm confused as to whether these will be remakes or new since it says 'new adventure in a new land'. Either way I'll most likely get both.

Why would they make a game like that though? It would benefit them in absolutely no way whatsoever.

I believe they would benefit of it but i makes no sense marketingwise releasing all regions in one game. you have to admit it, the idea isn´t that bad.

I believe they would benefit of it but i makes no sense marketingwise releasing all regions in one game. you have to admit it, the idea isn´t that bad.

I too would love to see a game like that but I really don't see how it would work. I loved going back to Kanto in Gold and Silver but by the time you get there your team is so strong that they steamroll all the gyms and trainers. If you were allowed to go back to all the regions the exact same thing would happen. Either you would steamroll everyone after completing the first region or they'd have to make it extremely difficult to level your Pokemon to lvl 100 in which case no one would want to level any other Pokemon except their main team 

I still want to see a proper Pokemon game on the Wii U, something like the Game Boy games with a mix of Pokemon Stadium too. That and a Pokemon Snap game for the Wii U, that'd be awesome too. 

Parker

• Like 2

No financially they will be alright but creatively they have been dead for over a decade. Also Metroid doesn't make them money so take that one out of the equation.

Mario, Zelda and Pokemon...how as gamers can you really be happy with the same three games over and over and over. They don't even do anything new with the games Pokemon really hasn't changed in any significant way in over 20 years. Yes there are changes like you can catch different pokemon at night or there is contests to enter them in but there are 24 main games in 20 years and that doesn't include the dozens of spin off games. It is basically the same story over and over, you start with the same three pokemon types, you still can't change your starting pokemon before a battle (one of the dumbest things not to change because it makes no sense), and you know what...I don't care to argue this with people.

True, true. But those same people will still buy the same CoD/FIFA games over and over and over. Most 'franchises' are just that, repeat copies of previous games.

If they change the game too much 'it doesn't stay true to the source material', if they change it too little it's a copy/rehash and if they rename the game it becomes a 'ripoff' of the similar games by the same company.

They can't make new IPs because people don't like them, Beyond Good & Evil, Mirror's Edge and such. Given Mirror's Edge was just a bad game, but people are scared of new titles so companies have no motivation to make them. Even Skylanders, not even really a Spyro game rode off the Spyro name to help increase popularity and try to hide the fact it's just a way to sell toys to kids and in my case, grandparents.

You can't really say Nintendo is dying when other companies do exactly the same. I don't see Activision or EA dying anytime soon. Lett alone Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.

Then they would have no reason to continue making more Pokemon games because people wouldn't buy them and that would be a big pool of money gone.

It would sell well initially but it would be the last Pokemon game and as a company, I assume they don't want that.

Edited by Lion-Lhasa

You should write a letter to Nintendo then and tell them how they should make their games and run their company, also while you're at it why not draw some new Pokemon designs for them. I'm sure they'll appreciate it ;)

On another note I'm looking forward to this, I got X/Y a few weeks ago and I play it almost everyday...looks like I'll be putting a lot of Platinum trophies on hold again :( Pokemanz why are you so evil?

• Like 4