Pokemon Ruby And Sapphire 3DS Remakes Announced

Venocide

Nintendo has announced Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, remakes of the GBA adventures coming to 3DS in November.

The decision to remake Ruby and Sapphire isn't hugely surprising, seeing as predecessors Pokemon Red and Blue and also Pokemon Gold and Silver have all been revamped and relaunched before now.

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire originally launched on Game Boy Advance back in 2003, introducing the new region of Hoenn and a wealth of new 'mon.

Nintendo's decision to cling to a known winner is a good one - among the news this morning that the company has posted it's third consecutive annual operating loss was the cheerier point that last year's entries in the Pokemon series, X & Y, managed to shift 12.26 million copies, making it the fastest-selling title on the handheld.

While we don't know how the games will look or what new additions we may see incorporated into them, it's likely we'll be hearing lots more come Nintendo's E3 broadcast.

omega-ruby-610x557.jpg

alpha-sappire-610x557.jpg

I had a feeling Nintendo would announce Ruby and Sapphire remakes sooner or later. So hyped for these!
Edited by ARKphoenix
  • Like 4

So freaking hyped right now it's not even funny. I know it's weird for a guy in his early twenties to be hyped about pokemon but you gotta understand I've been playing pokemon since I was 9 and I'm never gonna stop!!!! @_@ I might have to get both 

• Like 1

Chances are, whatever extras were in Emerald will be in the R/S remakes. They didn't remake Yellow or Crystal either, remember?

Ohh, you're right. I doubt that's good enough for me to get 3DS anyway, I need either PS4 or new PC until 2015.

The Witcher 3 is putting pressure on me =(

I remember investing soooo many hours in Pokemon Sapphire. Well, I also had Ruby but Sapphire was my main. I only got Ruby just so I can finally finish the Pokedex (didn't have friends to trade/battle with-forever alone) and get a damn Kingdra etc. Gen III isn't my fav gen but I am stillll getting thiiiiisssssssssss on launch day. 

EDIT: I wonder why Nintendo decided to put out Pokemon X/Y before the Ruby/Sapphire remakes? They must be planning something extra extra special this time around, right? Like, say, perhaps being able to travel to Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos and battle the gym leaders + Elite Four there? O_O

Nah. We will never get such a masterpiece. EVER!

Edited by miki-iki