Splasher is not a PSNP Ultra Rare platinum anymore

zemiguelreis

51 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

@Walt the Dog -- use your powers.

The incident that led to this becoming my legacy is also why those alts are privated now. Also realistically, it would be a band-aid fix at most since it would take a single achiever to undo 20 alts' worth of work, which makes the method thoroughly not worth it for games that aren't just completely dead, never mind I only had 40 alts anyway, so I'd be doing all that work to fit in like one more achiever before the second achiever post alt-inflation just takes it to VR status again. 🫠

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

There’s also the famous “PS+ effect” that has magically made many games much rarer overnight.

Yea this literally just happened with Session: Skate Sim. I platted that game when it first released a couple of years ago and back then it was a VR with a plat % of around 7%-8%. Woke up today and noticed I had like 10ish more UR's than I normal and it was indeed because it just dropped on PS+ this month. Granted the game is still pretty tough control wise, but it's not that crazy difficult to warrant the coveted UR plat imo. I'm not complaining though lol. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

The incident that led to this becoming my legacy is also why those alts are privated now.

I'm sorry lol, I'm just messing around. I know the situation has been over for a long time now, but yeah, it was amusing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

I'm sorry lol, I'm just messing around. I know the situation has been over for a long time now, but yeah, it was amusing.

Talk about it has been a lot more jokey ever since the incident resolved, so it's no big deal now. Mostly just another case of "so this is my legacy now 🫠" every time I get mentioned for it. :lol:

Also since I was called in here, none of the plat achievers have privated at all (and I also believe someone else explored that avenue three months ago because 5 of the 7 accounts without a scheduled update all last updated 3 months and 2 weeks ago with the other two updating some time after that) and the owner count on a certain other site is a few hundred lower than the owner count here, so anyone desperate enough to make this UR is likely gonna have to add accounts from the in-game leaderboards to get it back to UR assuming there's even boards to pull from. Can't be bothered to go that far though, so I guess that's for someone else to decide if they wanna go through all that so this can tank like 2 more achievers. :P

• Like 1

Such a shame, but the game is really good a underated. 

No matter the rarity if someone sees you with this plat they know your not fucking around.

Crazy to think this VR will be my hardest platinum forever, unless I do Raiden 4, Chariot or something insane like that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

Yea this literally just happened with Session: Skate Sim. I platted that game when it first released a couple of years ago and back then it was a VR with a plat % of around 7%-8%. Woke up today and noticed I had like 10ish more UR's than I normal and it was indeed because it just dropped on PS+ this month. Granted the game is still pretty tough control wise, but it's not that crazy difficult to warrant the coveted UR plat imo. I'm not complaining though lol. 

Yeah it’s pretty crazy the effect it can have on games. One of my friends hit 1k URs this past year and he said throughout the course of the year he had a passive increase of something like 70-80 URs on his list just from games coming to PS+ or Extra/Premium. 

That’s also cool to hear Session is an UR now too! I love skateboarding games and was thinking of checking that one out at some point but I hadn’t even looked at the trophy list yet. The UR plat just makes it more appealing. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah it’s pretty crazy the effect it can have on games. One of my friends hit 1k URs this past year and he said throughout the course of the year he had a passive increase of something like 70-80 URs on his list just from games coming to PS+ or Extra/Premium. 

That’s also cool to hear Session is an UR now too! I love skateboarding games and was thinking of checking that one out at some point but I hadn’t even looked at the trophy list yet. The UR plat just makes it more appealing. 😁

Meanwhile my main memory with PS+ Extra rarity shenanigans is my Connectank plat going from 4.6% to like 7.4% because like 30 people got the plat the month it was slated to leave PS+. 🫠

The deception of rarity strikes again.

I feel the same way about Spelunky 2. Sitting at almost 4%, you could make the mistake of not thinking that game could boil your blood and cause you a lot of difficulty, especially if you're not too great with platformers.

16 minutes ago, Flynnerigan said:

The deception of rarity strikes again.

I feel the same way about Spelunky 2. Sitting at almost 4%, you could make the mistake of not thinking that game could boil your blood and cause you a lot of difficulty, especially if you're not too great with platformers.

I heard that one is very underrated in terms of difficulty! The guide says it's a 9 but probably a very solid one 

Just now, zemiguelreis said:

I heard that one is very underrated in terms of difficulty! The guide says it's a 9 but probably a very solid one 

It could also be influenced by how lacklustre I am at platforming but I really struggled with the first game which is considered to be easier.

They're fun games but it'll take quite some time for me to mentalily prepare myself to go for the 2 plat!

7 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

And this is why psnp needs to change the way it tracks owners. 

Populate the whole psn community, every acc and every owner. 

Then after that, fix the stupid dlc rarity formula.

PSNP rarity % isn’t perfect by any means, for many reasons already made clear in this thread, but imo you still get a far more accurate representation of difficulty by only tracking registered accounts that actively hunt trophies. It’s better than the alternative.

When you take into account global rarity % (every account and every owner across PSN), the stats are heavily skewed by millions of accounts that don’t care about trophy hunting. It ends up being very misleading; For ex. I’ve seen YouTubers who use global rarity so it seems like every game they platinum is like sub 1%.

• Like 4

On 1/31/2024 at 12:33 PM, Reinachii- said:

And this is why psnp needs to change the way it tracks owners. 

Populate the whole psn community, every acc and every owner. 

Then after that, fix the stupid dlc rarity formula.

Those rarities you are suggesting are already displayed on this website -- the global PSN rarities.

• Like 1