Splasher is not a PSNP Ultra Rare platinum anymore

zemiguelreis

I know that the PSNProfiles rarity is only related to the number of owners that are registered in the website but I just found it curious that a 10/10 difficulty game and probably one of the hardest out there has now a platinum with 5,02% rarity.

That's not a very common thing to see even for games with few owners at this difficulty level.

• Like 1

Well.... yeah. Difficulty is not directly proportionate to rarity. Especially with a niche game like Splasher. Similar case with The End is Nigh which is sitting at ~10%.

And unfortunately you can also hack trophies on PS4. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Fall Guys is (Wrongfully) 10/10 and like at 8/9% 🤷🏻‍♀️

39 minutes ago, shadaik said:

Want to see something really weird? Fall Guys is a UR - but only on PS5. On PS4, both re-release stacks are shy of 8%.

Origina list is still Ultra Rare at 2% despite that shitty custom lobby glitch 👏🏻

• Like 2

Sadly with niche games the rarity is not as low as it should be, not too many owners and the ones that have it they really want to go for the plat and dont play casually (especially since people tracked by PSNP are trophy hunters, PSN rarity could be more real if it didnt had a lot of cheaters), Koihime RRR should be the lowest fighting rarity plat if it wasnt such a niche fighting game, instead SF or Injustice (because it was free) has better rarities...

1 hour ago, shadaik said:

Want to see something really weird? Fall Guys is a UR - but only on PS5. On PS4, both re-release stacks are shy of 8%.

I didnt keep up with news of FG after epic buy them, but a lot of people autopopped the plat of the new PS4 lists from the OG one when they were released, high rarities always happen with lists that can be autopopped, dont know if still can be done and I suppose it doesnt fully work on PS5.

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 2

Writing been on the wall for a while now. I still think ninja runner is my hardest single trophy that I've achieved and I've been slowly watching it drop in rarity for awhile now. It's a shame but hardly anything I'd lose sleep over. 

The thing is as other's have said that splasher is a fairly niche game and is largely only known about in trophy hunter circle's due to it's difficult platinum which means most people are probably playing it due to that difficulty and therefor more likely to get the platinum then stop beforehand.

Also there was a rumour that people were paying for someone else to get the plat for them which I imagen if true has also had a major impact due to the already low player count. 

• Like 2

I spent 3 weeks for a VERY RARE?!? This game means nothing to me now. 

Jokes aside, it felt weird not seeing it in the UR list anymore, but unless the game gets the PS plus treatment its rarity will most likely keep getting higher. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you want a game that's likely going to remain an Ultra Rare Plat for a long time to come, play Deep Rock Galactic - it has been out for just over 2 years now on the PS4/5 but the Plat is still sub-1% :).

Why is that? The game looks like a lot of fun but I don't really have the time or gaming friend group these days for something that seems best played in co-op. 

25 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

Why is that? The game looks like a lot of fun but I don't really have the time or gaming friend group these days for something that seems best played in co-op. 

It's a fun game but the difficulty can be brutal at times, plus the Barrel and RNG collectible related trophies are a royal pain in the neck! The main reason though why the Plat is so rare, is because you have to prestige all 4 dwarves to Gold 1, which will take anywhere from 200-300hrs+ to accomplish, depending on your efficiency and if you use exploits or not. Also, there are several online only trophies which aren't hard to get, they just need a little time and co-ordination.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's a fun game but the difficulty can be brutal at times, plus the Barrel and RNG collectible related trophies are a royal pain in the neck! The main reason though why the Plat is so rare, is because you have to prestige all 4 dwarves to Gold 1, which will take anywhere from 200-300hrs+ to accomplish, depending on your efficiency and if you use exploits or not. Also, there are several online only trophies which aren't hard to get, they just need a little time and co-ordination.

With exploits the difficulty was negligible, I even found a way to use them on DD's and EDD's XD (but that can't be done anymore).  Without it's def pretty hard, other than that it's just a grind fest.

55 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you want a game that's likely going to remain an Ultra Rare Plat for a long time to come, play Deep Rock Galactic - it has been out for just over 2 years now on the PS4/5 but the Plat is still sub-1% :).

Fortnite is also under 1%, is a 0,15% platinum for NA version, is way rarer then that as I saw people sharing accounts to autopop, and then they pretend they did all on pc, then autopped. I even received some dms from people asking me share my account to get them the platinum. I don't understand why platinum so rare, as it can be done in 1 month, the game is really fun and too addictive, that I spent 6000 hours on it. Now I stopped play it, but the game is really addictive, can't believe less than 1000 people got the platinum on this website.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I would think this is more of an inditement of how much people enjoy the game. The fact a very hard, 10/10 plat is now VR must mean that people really like the game... so much so to stomach doing the extremely hard stuff, right... right? (Did I just hear someone just say no?)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe this game is picked up by a speedrunner community, which attracts gamers that focus on completing the challenge.

The discussion also reminds me of games like Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Sekiro and Elden Ring. Not so easy games that attracts an audience that are willing to what it takes to unlock the Platinum Trophy. 

Rarity is a strange beast, and as others have pointed out rarity and difficulty are not always correlated. There are plenty of examples of difficult games that aren’t UR, and even more games I’ve come across that are actually quite easy but have UR trophies for one reason or another — most often because they’re simply very obscure, a little grindy, or just not very good games at all. There’s also the famous “PS+ effect” that has magically made many games much rarer overnight.

The change concerning Splasher is a bit interesting to me, as I’ve definitely noticed in the past couple years that Splasher went from being quite an obscure game that few people had heard of, to one that has become rather infamous among trophy circles. And when a game has that kind of status it always attracts more trophy hunters looking to conquer it. I think the most significant force of change was likely when NickAR made a platinum journey video about Splasher. The video has over 1M+ views I believe, and I’ve noticed the game has gained a lot of notoriety since then.

I do think it’s a shame as Splasher is known for being extremely difficult and certainly deserves that shiny UR status. It sucks that it’s not UR for people who have achieved it, but it’s not like it’s any less impressive or prestigious just because the rarity changed. Anyone who platinumed Splasher is GOATed in my book! 😁

59 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Why stop there? Make hundreds of alts to make it as ultra rare as possible. /s

Believe it or not, there was a guy who actually did this on several games! This is what Baker was referring to a few posts above. The guy had dozens of alts that he used to inflate the rarity of a couple games that were right on the cusp on 5% and it caused a bit of a controversy in the UR Cleanup thread. 🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shadaik said:

This happened because the auto-pop is super buggy even three years after the release. I was forced to pop those trophies when they made the new launcher, and even today I don't have the platinum because of the hassle it represents.

Probably in PS5 it works even worse, or there are less players, not sure.