Favourite PS4 PS+ Free Game So Far?

FluffyAssassin64

PS4 PS+ Free Games  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which PS4 PS+ free games have you played?

• Resogun
    • Contrast
    • Don't Starve
    • Outlast
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    • Mercenary Kings
    • Stick It to the Man!
    • PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
    • Trine 2: Complete Story
    • Doki-Doki Universe (Cross-buy)
    • Strider
    • TowerFall: Ascension
    • Fez
    • Road Not Taken
  2. 2. Which PS4 PS+ Free Game has been your favourite so far?

• Resogun
    • Contrast
    • Don't Starve
    • Outlast
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    • Mercenary Kings
    • Stick It to the Man!
    • PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
    • Trine 2: Complete Story
    • Doki-Doki Universe
    • Strider
    • TowerFall: Ascension
    • Fez
    • Road Not Taken

Haven't downloaded Outlast and Don't Starve bored me. Resogun and Mercenary Kings are my favs. I love the arcade feel and having so many enemies surround u in Resogun (bosses were cool too), and I like the retro feel of Mercenary Kings that's like Metal Slug/ Contra, the customizing knifes and guns r by picking up dropped items from enemies is cool. Still playing it. At around 30 hrs on it. Contrast was unique with the shadow play and the story was interesting, fun game.  I know its not on PS+ but I cant wait for Transistor, that'll be my next independent game.

I really loved all the games I played on Ps4 so far

I didn't play mercenary kings and don't starve. I download it Mercenaries and I will probably play someday but don't starve is not for me

So far Outlast is my favorite with Resogun real close. If the release of Whistleblower I really think this game can go far. Hopefully resogun gets some add on

As for stick it the man and Dead nation both surprised me in a good way( first time playing both games) and its really good.

Contrast is fun.

I've played all of them, and I wouldn't say anything has completely blown me away. I don't mean to say any of them sucked, far from it. Just that everything had the potential to better.

Of course, that's just me not being part of those projects and not having to limit creator's curse.

Take Contrast for example. Loved the setting so much but even I can admit the game elements and longevity was weak. Honestly, it felt somewhat like a creepier Bioshock. You get to the Lighthouse and some of those articles you find can get spinetingling. Well, for me anyway, the game was that atmospheric. Do I want a sequel? Probably not as I think it would suffer from being terrible, given that this game is purely platforming and shadow manipulation and it wouldn't serve to be suddenly combat laden. That would kill the atmosphere I oh so loved.

There's also Resogun, which to be frank I didn't like. The music is great, the visuals are absolutely tasty, but for whatever reason, I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as Housemarque's previous title, Super Stardust Delta. Perhaps it's because I haven't adapted to the style as quickly as I'd have liked to.

Don't Starve is another game I didn't get into so much. It's not that I dislike RTS games, I just don't have the patience to track my every waking move in games like that. Once again, the atmospheric draw was really nice. I tend to hold setting and atmosphere in higher regard than story, art and gameplay and didn't dislike Don't Starve's survival, but man, harsh from the get go.

Outlast outlasted me. Fucking heebeejeebees, I don't care if it has trophies. Opening that first door, do not want.

Dead Nation was alright. It'll take a while to figure out the tricks. Didn't play it on PS3 so I don't feel cheated. I wish a zombie apocalypse for once gave you the feel of a fighting chance, comparable to Resistance 2's campaign, instead of this sole survivor schtick.

Mercenary Kings is pretty cool. Gameplay felt like a marvelous mix of Mega Man and Monster Hunter, in the art style of Metal Slug. I haven't done much in it (haven't done much in many PS4 games because I have TOO MANY). Really enjoyed this game though, simple movement can be deceptively bastardous.

Stick it to the Man was okay. It has the roadside for something cool, but somethings really did feel like it was in their infancy. Walking, for example.

Contrast is my favourite. Dem vibes

Couldn't deal with Outlast. Too scary for me! Played the first hour with my wife watching. As soon as she said she was going to bed, I lasted one scary encounter before throwing in the towel and joining her. Cannot play alone.

Resogun is fantastic. Need to go back and plat that. It got my vote.

Resogun looked amazing, but not really my thing.

Don't Starve is my favorite because it brings back all my late night memories of playing oddball survival games for PC. 

I didn't have PS Plus for February or March so I didn't get any of those games. 

• 3 weeks later...

1. All of them, with 100% on all but the two new ones just yet

2. a. Outlast - Fantastic horror game. Great unique approach with the video camera and batteries. Lack of combat makes it more interesting. Getting 100% on the trophies is a tough but reasonable challenge. I'll be purchasing the Whistleblower DLC when I have the time.

b. Don't Starve - Good hunter-gatherer game requiring a lot of divided attention, planning and preparation. The challenge mode was VERY difficult. I very narrowly skated by in my first attempt through them, but I put quite a bit of time in, and was lucky with finding touchstones.

c. Dead Nation - A good top-down zombie apocalypse shooter. Takes some effort to learn when to use the particular weapons and items. Getting through it on morbid is difficult, but once you learn the level layouts and timing of attacks, it gets a lot more manageable.

d. Trine - Still working on the last few trophies. Finding all of the experience pots is a real pain. Done a few levels hard/hardcore and I can see that getting pretty difficult with some of the later levels. Lots of challenging puzzles, with different ways to go about them depending on your skill selections.

e. Contrast - I thought the premise behind this game was brilliant, and probably the most original game I've played in some time. The main knock against it is that it needed more polishing, which I completely agree with. I had to restart the last section a handful of times due to glitches, but I really enjoyed the game.

f. Resogun - A great space shooter with a new approach. Challenging and fun to play when you've got a few minutes to kill. What it was lacking for me was depth. Obviously it's not that kind of game, with a story behind it, and it did what it set out to do very well, but I prefer a backstory.

g. Mercenary Kings - A great platformer with a lot of available customization. My issue comes down to trophies. I always feel obligated to complete the trophies, and some of the trophies were way too focused on grinding.

h. PixelJunk Shooter - Decent time-waster kinda game. Lots of variety in the challenges as you progress through the missions. It just reminds me a little too much of the kind of game you'd see as a free flash game on the internet.

i. Stick it to the Man - I don't know what I missed with this game, but I guess I didn't appreciate it as much as many others have. Often times I just found myself trying random sticker matches on items to see what would work. Overall the game wasn't very long, and there wasn't much challenge in achieving the trophies

• Like 1

I wish I got a PS4 early enough for Resogun. I joined on Outlast month. Is Resogun worth buying for £6.50?

YES!!!

Whether you want to go for either trophies, high scores or the plat, you get a LOT of content and playthroughs out of this game. Apparently there's some DLC coming out soon which adds some new game modes as well... definitely worth it!

• 3 weeks later...