Favourite PS4 PS+ Free Game So Far?

FluffyAssassin64

PS4 PS+ Free Games  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which PS4 PS+ free games have you played?

• Resogun
    • Contrast
    • Don't Starve
    • Outlast
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    • Mercenary Kings
    • Stick It to the Man!
    • PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
    • Trine 2: Complete Story
    • Doki-Doki Universe (Cross-buy)
    • Strider
    • TowerFall: Ascension
    • Fez
    • Road Not Taken
  2. 2. Which PS4 PS+ Free Game has been your favourite so far?

• Resogun
    • Contrast
    • Don't Starve
    • Outlast
    • Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition
    • Mercenary Kings
    • Stick It to the Man!
    • PixelJunk Shooter: Ultimate
    • Trine 2: Complete Story
    • Doki-Doki Universe
    • Strider
    • TowerFall: Ascension
    • Fez
    • Road Not Taken

I don't have a PS4, but the games I could play we're Doki-Doki Universe & PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

My favorite is PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

People, let's talk serious for a minute, who can say a game we're they say love is like diarrhea is your favorite game. Man That should be a kid's game but teach's things like that. Man Doki-Doki is good

Still downloading Strider which has also been a wake up call. So far, I haven't downloaded any digital games from the Playstation Store that weren't F2P or available as a physical copy (eh, I guess

the special edition for Child of Light counts).

I was honestly going to pay and download for Strider. This was just moments before it went to PSPlus. I'm inclined to believe that all the PS Plus titles for PS4 will be like this, a mix of $20 digital titles and $20 digital titles (Australian). This isn't bad by any means, other than that developers should be wary of low sales at launch on PS4 for smaller digital titles.

So far I think most of the PS+ games have been impressive since there have been few PSN games and retail games are all new so can't be free yet. Glad am paying for these.

Shame I already paid for a couple of them, am pretty sure it's too early to be buying much PSN games since they are mostly gonna be free soon.

PS+ Games

November - December: Resogun and Contrast

January: Resogun and Don't Starve

February: Outlast

March: Dead Nation: Apocalyse Edition

April: Mercenary Kings

May: Stick it The Man

June: Trine 2: Complete Story* and PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate*

July: Doki Doki Universe* and Strider and Towerfall Ascension

My Favourites in Order

1. Resogun - Really fun arcadey kind of game, great fun, simple but I loved playing it. The first PS4 game I played and it amazed me how much fun it was.
  2. Trine 2: Complete Story - Great Co-op game, looks beautiful, unique puzzles, amazing.
  3. Outlast - Not so much scary as Insane, Creepy and Disturbing, that's what I love in a horror game. It was short and linear but great fun and extremely interesting.
  4. Doki-Doki Universe :coffee:* - Bought this after getting a PS4, spent a lot of my early PS4 time with this game. It was so fun and I was interested in the robots story. I liked both the gameplay, the story and decorating my home planet.
  5. Dead Nation: Apocalyse Edition - I am about half into my solo playthrough on hardest difficulty possible first time, it's really great, greatly designed level and am actually finding it challenging and I like it.
  6. PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate - Suprisenly really fun, didn't expect this at all. One more episode to go, boss battles are amazing, levels are fun and full of unique puzzles.
  7. Strider :coffee: - Dissapointed with purchase, game is okay, the combat is cool, battles are cool but I don't like the platforming or the open world which is a big part of the game.
  8. Towerfall Ascension - There isn't much to it and I haven't played it much yet but the gameplay is extremely fun even if it's simple on co-op.
  9. Stick it to The Man - It's fun, there's humour but there isn't much to it besides the short story which is basically the same. I enjoyed it a lot but wouldn't rank it high.
  10. Mercenary Kings - The gameplay isn't bad, it's just a game I didn't get into. I only play this game solo and play pretty much for trophies.
  11. Don't Starve - It's unique but doesn't really interest me. I did give it a chance, I have had the PC version since Early Access Alpha, it's just not something I liked, honestly I thought I would love it but I got pretty bored and just don't like it much.
  12. Contrast - I didn't like this game, very short, a few hours to 100%, easily everything, I wasn't interested in the slightest, the little girl has an annoying endless voice.

:coffee: = Already purchased before Free With Plus

:coffee: *= Bought Ultimate Edition with DLC

Edited by SoIidWoIf

• 1 month later...

Even though I played Dead Nation 1st time round on plus it's still fun to play co-op, TV and surround sound have been upgraded since the last time which added to things with the upgraded visuals and pulsing tension building score.

It's great to have a fun same screen co-op that's just pick up and play.

Stick it to the man was a nice surprise.  Having grown up with Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and other awesome puzzlers it's been pleasant to have a silly puzzle game again.

Edited by Willstown

I've only had my Ps4 since the month where Stick It To The Man was free, so i missed out on Resogun, Outlast and Mercenary Kings, which seem to have been the overall best ones by what i'm reading here. So i'd say my favorite so far has been Strider, really liked that one. I'm also playing Pixeljunk Shooter right now, but i find myself getting bored of it rather quickly, i usually quit after about an hour.