How bad are the online trophies?

I enjoy plating the NFS games even being a grind mind melting exercise but i want to know how hard it is to do the online trophies.

I have a few days left of PSN plus and i dont have alot of time to play During the day.

If i need to play 20 hours online play to do the trophies or the need of organize alot of different people i prefer to just move to the Next game.

Here's what the Guide has to say:

Stage 4: Lakeshore Online (Multiplayer)

NFS Unbound has a separate multiplayer mode with a separate garage and money balance, although some unlockable cars from the story mode get copied to the multiplayer garage.

There are several trophies that are specific to the multiplayer mode and most of them are not a big problem, with one exception. :silver: Full House is by far the most annoying trophy of the game because it requires 7 other players to accept a race invite from you (which will only be sent to 15 people) and they all have to stay with you for a series of 3 races. You can fill 3 of the 7 spots with your friends but at least 4 people have to be players that are randomly matched with you by the game and who may not cooperate with you. If you can manage to get this one annoying trophy though, then getting the platinum should only be a matter of time.

From the sound of it, you can do the entire online mode in a long weekend if you have sufficient friends and luck to pull it off.

Source: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/15674-need-for-speed-unbound-trophy-guide

Mostly easy, a bit of grind to compete 25 playlists, the wins can easily be boosted with a partner, but the Full House trophy sucks and is luck dependent. Unfortunately there’s no way to boost this unless you have 7 friends, and the lobby structure sucks in this game.

It’s not hard, but my be frustrating to get that one.

• Like 2

From my experience, its very easy. It takes around 6 hours to complete the 25 playlists in which you can also complete all other online trophies which is winning races with every class and finishing a playlist with 7 others. All trophies can be boosted. Took maybe 20 mins of trying to get all boosting players in same lobby in which there were 6 in total including me and others were of course randoms who joined.

All in all, 2/10 difficulty for all online trophies.

11 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

From the sound of it, you can do the entire online mode in a long weekend if you have sufficient friends and luck to pull it off.

I did it all in one evening and legit. If you’re half decent at racers, you can too. 

The biggest pain is the full house trophy (compete a playlist with 7 other players). But what I did to accomplish that, is wait until all players were out of playlists and when the info said there was 11 plus in Free roam. (That way I knew people were driving around). I would start a playlist immediately. Took 3 attempts, then I got the full lobby. One player even dropped before the first race but it still unlocked to my surprise. 

As far as vehicles go, find a car you like driving and stick with it (I used the 93 skyline), you can upgrade it to S+ and also downgrade it back to B so long as it is a lower end car. A lot of the player base is composed of basic drivers (average at best) and if you’re half decent at drifting with a drift build you can take care of the S and A+ class wins easily. The other three require racing but lots of times I didn’t have that tough of competition. 

Also on a side note, if only one player joins, then drops out mid playlist, the win and tally of 25 still counts. That happened on my A playlist. 

Edited by Leigrez
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There have been changes to the game since the guide was written.

8 player playlist: There are new 1 race playlists that will unlock this. As long as you start with 8 it will unlock, doesn't matter if people leave mid race. I played a lot of these 8 player racelists when grinding for total playlists and seemed to fill up fast especially on weekends. Would be even easier now that it's on extra.

Winning certain classes: Can be boosted in private races now. Just invite someone if you are struggling.

Each class (A,A+ etc) has one of these 1 race playlists which are the fastest to do if you are trying to do the 25 playlists as fast as possible.

Edit: I played this before the latest 5.1 patch, but I don't think they changed any of that.

Edited by Beatminaz
  • Like 4

On 2/10/2024 at 6:12 PM, HuntingFever said:

Took me 8 hours to find a Race with a full lobby...but i did it

6 hours ago, Joepelus said:

So can we bust out the multiplayer trophies before doing story? Not sure if I should play story first for car unlocks/upgrades.

Exactly. Just jumped directly into multiplayer and did the trophy. Once you got full house the rest is a piece of cake

14 hours ago, Sm1lem4ker said:

Exactly. Just jumped directly into multiplayer and did the trophy. Once you got full house the rest is a piece of cake

Good to hear, played a hour or 2 last night but didn't get any 8 player groups (most was 7 unfortunately) will try again tonight :(

Does it matter what kind of tier you car is?

On 2/20/2024 at 2:22 PM, Beatminaz said:

There have been changes to the game since the guide was written.

8 player playlist: There are new 1 race playlists that will unlock this. As long as you start with 8 it will unlock, doesn't matter if people leave mid race. I played a lot of these 8 player racelists when grinding for total playlists and seemed to fill up fast especially on weekends. Would be even easier now that it's on extra.

Winning certain classes: Can be boosted in private races now. Just invite someone if you are struggling.

Each class (A,A+ etc) has one of these 1 race playlists which are the fastest to do if you are trying to do the 25 playlists as fast as possible.

Edit: I played this before the latest 5.1 patch, but I don't think they changed any of that.

How can you boosted in private races may i ask?

On 2/22/2024 at 10:17 AM, Joepelus said:

Good to hear, played a hour or 2 last night but didn't get any 8 player groups (most was 7 unfortunately) will try again tonight :(

Does it matter what kind of tier you car is?

Maybe I was just lucky. It does not matter what car you own. You get a loan car if you don't match the criteria 

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

So how's the situation on servers right now? Is it possible to do Full House with randoms? I'll be getting my game tomorrow, so I will start with online to get over with it asap. 

Yeah definitely, every time you get in an online lobby it will be full with 16 players so it's a matter of patience really until you get 8 players in the same playlist at some point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

Nice, what about the rest of online trophies? Can they be done in a private session? I mean the one with winning. Is there even a private session? Because I know how chaotic NfS online is and I would like to avoid it if it's possible. 

Yeah, you can do private sessions now as well so all the other trophies can be done with just one friend.

• Like 1