Helldivers 2 sales top 12 million

Ghost

That is a great accomplishment for a smaller studio, even with Playstation's support.ย  I am loving my time with the game so far and it will only get better after the launch day issues are fixed.

"We love the game so much democracy can't handle it"

ย 

U4P9Itr.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sales have soared with over 3 million as confirmed from Arrowhead Game Studios CEO Johan Pilestedt. He also confirmed that the current server cap for concurrent players is at 800,000 for PS5 & PC combined.

• Like 2

I've seen a couple of streams, and the game looks great. It's fun to watch, so I can only imagine how fun it is to play. Kind of reminds me of the Lost Planet 2 era cooperative shooters in some ways.

ย 

It also nails the visuals, both the Starship Troopers and "Terminators in Vietnam" style levels. Robots' red eyes glowing in the twilight before being lit up by a giant explosion is just one of movie-like scenes in a game where nothing is scripted.

ย 

As you may have seen, Twitter and other places are full of clips with cool and funny scenarios. The strong word of mouth is not surprising, as is the continuous increase of the concurrent player count on the Steam charts.

ย 

helldivers-2-ccu-record.jpg

Edited by Slava
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update:

ย 

Helldivers II has sold 12 million units as of May 5, publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Arrowhead Game Studios announced.

ย 

According to Sony Interactive Entertainment interim CEO Hiroki Totoki, sales of Helldivers II surpassed the record set by God of War Ragnarok in the same period after its release in 2022. It is Sony Interactive Entertainmentโ€™s biggest PC title to date, and as a multiplatform release, it also contributed significantly to sales and profit in the fourth quarter of Sony Group Corporationโ€™s fiscal year ended March 31, 2024.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1