Servers overloaded

Kickbillen

its an issue that the devolpers are aware of alongside not being able to join other Helldivers via Quickplay

you still can reconnect once there are less people trying to join the server at the same time.

even if you manage to login you wont be able to join others expect via friend invites.

Yeah I was excited to play this weekend. Decided to pick it up after they announced the bonus XP thing, figured what a better time to do. I got in after some trying and it all went smoothly. I did find a trouble with the XP boost that sometimes it would show and others it wouldn’t. Regardless it went great after I was in.

On 2/17/2024 at 5:05 PM, veinte-justo said:

I would say everybody else is having this issue. there are like 400k people trying to play.

Over 400K now but supposedly they upped the limits to 450k ceiling… I spent 20 mins on main menu trying to get in but servers were at capacity and it does suck to always have to wait in a queue to play a brand new game that almost all of us who were fans of the original were super psyched out for.. I’ve contemplated if the super citizen version or upgrade is worth it if it somehow helps you get more connectivity to the servers or gives you more priority.. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

This game looks fantastic, really itching to play it, but it's example #500 of late of why not to buy games day one. 

I rarely ever buy games new. I decided to buy this one because a friend was telling me how great and fun it was. On my 3 day weekend I would say maybe half the time I tried to play, I wasn't able to, and that spurred me to create actual memes to reflect my disappointment. In the time I was able to play, yeah it's an incredibly fun game. But when I pay 40 bucks for a game and can't even play it immediately after it's downloaded (and for most of the weekend), to me that's unacceptable. They should offer refunds or at the very least some free in-game currency for premium items. I don't care how good the game eventually is. I agree with you, avoid new games like the plague or be prepared for a broken game. Very few developers can be excepted from this unfortunately 

spacer.png 428634430-10163316278692589-364197012435

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AgentSmiz said:

I'm sorry? Broken? Give over.

Helldivers 1 has an all time Steam peak of 6691 players. Helldivers 2 has over 400,000.| They absolutely did not expect the game to be as big as it has become and they are working to try and fix it. This isn't a Activision/Ubisoft budget studio - this is a smaller team that has had none of their games be massively popular to this extent. Even if they'd predicted it would be 10 times as popular and got servers for that, they'd still have been short.

The issues are not because the game doesn't work - it's that it's so popular. The servers were overloaded.. Those that could play were having a great time. They already did an XP boost weekend (which, ironically, had more people trying to play so it sort of backfired) so I'd imagine that once they get things sorted, they'll do something else to make up for it. 

I get that it's frustrating for people who haven't been able to play the game as much as they wanted to but to lump this in with bigger budget games that run terribly on their first day and take longer to get fixed just isn't right to me.

The game is LITERALLY BROKEN, IT DOESN'T WORK HALF THE TIME!!!! 

Stop defending this, and I'm not "lumping it in" with anything. The game doesn't f*cking work 50% of the time. Context does not matter, if I can't play the game it's B-R-O-K-E-N

But I am so glad they gave a 50% XP boost... to apply to the 0 XP that I gained when I couldn't get into the game...

• Like 2

A new patch just dropped earlier today that should hopefully address server issues and such, so it should be a better experience trying to play now. 

The game has been amazing to play, I hope the devs keep up with new content also.

12 minutes ago, Poindexter2291 said:

Stop defending this, and I'm not "lumping it in" with anything. The game doesn't f*cking work 50% of the time. Context does not matter, if I can't play the game it's B-R-O-K-E-N

But I am so glad they gave a 50% XP boost... to apply to the 0 XP that I gained when I couldn't get into the game...

Not for everyone. There are people playing it live now. So no, it's not B-R-O-K-E-N. if it was, no one would be playing it at all. It is operating at full capacity. At present, they can't get more people in because - and I cannot stress this enough - they could never have predicated the game would have a player count 50 times higher than the first one. By making shit tier memes about it being another reason not to buy new games, you are lumping it in with games that are genuinely inexcusable for their launch state. Cyberpunk on PS4 to give an example.

Is it frustrating? Yes. Does wanting free currency and saying it's unacceptable that you personally cannot play it when others can make you come across as a bit of an arse? Also yes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

Not for everyone. There are people playing it live now. So no, it's not B-R-O-K-E-N. if it was, no one would be playing it at all. It is operating at full capacity. At present, they can't get more people in because - and I cannot stress this enough - they could never have predicated the game would have a player count 50 times higher than the first one. By making shit tier memes about it being another reason not to buy new games, you are lumping it in with games that are genuinely inexcusable for their launch state. Cyberpunk on PS4 to give an example.

Is it frustrating? Yes. Does wanting free currency and saying it's unacceptable that you personally cannot play it when others can make you come across as a bit of an arse? Also yes.

Bruh take two seconds to google helldivers 2 servers and you'll see LOTS of people are having issues lol. You got extremely lucky if you didn't have issues.

And you may be ok with spending your money on shit that doesn't work but I'm not 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

I'm sorry? Broken? Give over.

Helldivers 1 has an all time Steam peak of 6691 players. Helldivers 2 has over 400,000.

That doesn't change the fact that the game is for sale now; people paid good money for it now; and many of those people can't play now. That is not an acceptable situation.

I have every reason to think that in the long term, this will be a fantastic game. But let's not sugar-coat it. They have a ways to go.

The all time peak concurrent player count on Steam was literally about 30 minutes ago as of this posting:

spacer.png

I thought Arrowhead mentioned something about a current max capacity around 450,000 players... Do Steam players jump the line somehow? Or is that a max number per platform? Of course, players counted on Steam is the number of players with the game launched, not necessarily in an active game.

14 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Do Steam players jump the line somehow?

there is no line at all, its not a typical queue system. just constant retries and luck if you get in. that said, theres ways around the log in issues entirely on both ps5 and pc, but much easier on pc.

5 hours ago, Poindexter2291 said:

No, no.. it’s not broken.. in fact, when it works, it works pretty damn good.. it’s not a perfect game or even a great game, but I’d say it’s a damn good game. Solid 8/10. Yes, the servers.. yes, the patches.. they are trying.. I’m not defending nor is he.. we are UNDERSTANDING. The situation and it’s scope are much larger than anticipated.. the first game was good and this game is better.. it feels like starship troopers meets mass effect.. it has a certain balance to the multiplayer too. Quick join works well when people place SOS beacons.. there are loads more and so many layers to this game.. the roadmap is coming soon and it will only add to the hype.. I fear the game will only become more popular.. both a blessing for the creators and a curse for those of us trying to enjoy it.. well anyways.. best of luck to everyone trying to hop on the servers. No luck for me today. 

I had my first attempt of trying to play for the first time ever. A 40 minute wait and then a 25 minute wait. No luck on either end, so I have yet to officially start.

Oh well. It “stinks” but it is what it is. Not gonna get upset about it. I trust the devs are doing all they can and some patience will benefit us all.

I’ll give it another try Thursday.

received the game last night 

I am super excited to play this game but I am not play the game while having server based issues 

by the reviews arrowhead made a clean polished product just underestimated by a lot (which is no fault of there own) the success of the game 

at least arrowhead are keeping in contact and keeping us up to date 

ill be waiting a week or two before start playing and so can you it isn't going to kill you if allow the time for team to fix the issues 

7 hours ago, rdhight said:

That doesn't change the fact that the game is for sale now; people paid good money for it now; and many of those people can't play now. That is not an acceptable situation.

I have every reason to think that in the long term, this will be a fantastic game. But let's not sugar-coat it. They have a ways to go.

I get that and I get it's frustrating. But many other people also can play now. It's not that the game is broken - the servers are full. Yeah, it sucks that more people can't play it but I also think that expecting a small company to have assumed "Oh, within a week of release, our game is going to have more PC peak players that Team Fortress 2, Ark, Left 4 Dead 2 and GTA V" and expecting server space to accommodate for that is also a wrong viewpoint to have. They didn't expect this level of success, given their previous titles.

Now granted, some of those games have an offline component for when servers aren't working so maybe this is something they could add in the future but again, they were not expecting this level of popularity for their game. This is a problem that they likely never thought would happen and they are actively trying to fix it so to outright write the game off as broken isn't correct, in my eyes.

If we're not sugar coating it, then let's not also make the situation seem worse than it is.

• Like 2