What is your ultimate goal for your trophy profile?

Dreakon139

Honestly, play through the campaigns of all my games. I've had several co-workers and friends pass away over a very short period of time recently, and it's made me realize life is too short for shit like endless grinding or boosting lengthy online ach's. Gaming is my hobby, and I enjoy it, but I always try to work on online stuff before other stuff. (I do more on Xbox the playstation, so I have less online stuff done here) but that just sucks the energy out of me. I've decided I'm going to finish up what I feel like as far as online Ach's before I turn 50 next year, and than retire from that (No co-op, I still love co-op) I respect you guys going for 90+% completion, but It's just not worth it to me. 

I got a PS5 recently, and going forward I'm focusing on single player games. I already have more online that I want, thanks to Sony's cross buy program (Which I absolutely love the shit out of) 

I want to enjoy the single player experiences of my collection. Not worry about everything. I'll consider it a MASSIVE win if I can ever get to 50% overall completion across platforms. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 11:50 AM, Eblait said:

I'm in the same process of playing PS3 titles, but I know that, realistically, my backlog will never be done. So after I finish a PS3 game, I start playing a new-ish PS4/PS5 game, then go back to finish another PS3 game, and so on.

There's many new titles I want to play, but many PS3 titles I never got around to play, too - so I find this to be a nice balance.

On 4/11/2023 at 9:35 AM, Undead Wolf said:

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been trying to focus on getting my PS3 backlog cleared for years now so I don't have to feel guilty about playing PS4/PS5 games. I'm not doing myself any favours though, because when I do start getting close to being done, I end up buying a bunch more games to add to it. This has happened a few times now. 1f605.png Vita is a whole different story because I kinda put that backlog on hold to focus on PS3 games instead, so I expect that I'll still be playing Vita well into the PS6 generation. 1f61b.png

Hahahaha these are my eternal conflicts as well. I feel my Vita is still a relevant console, and not so easily replaced (since there's no other Sony portable yet). But with PS3 it's a whole different story.

• Like 2

I have two long-term goals that are more modest than those of most, but would be enough for me. The first is to reach 50% completion. It's going to be hard for me to get my percentage much higher than that, given the old sports games on my profile that I don't go back to much and the fact that I enjoy casually playing some new sports games sometimes (and my limited time for gaming). Second, I just want to play some of the classic first-party PS4 and PS5 games that I haven't gotten to yet. Hopefully some of them will help improve my completion rate over time.

Honestly, I'm re-evaluating my aims daily. Originally, my goal was to get into the top 100,000 on the leaderboard, but then I look at some of those profiles and I'm not impressed at all. I mean you look at most of those accounts and they played the same 5 minute game 5-7 times to up their score. At the same time, the truly interesting or good games, they usually only get 1-2 trophies and then quit.

At one point, my goal was to get every trophy I can on every game I can rent for free through the Ohio library system, but it doesn't take long to realize there aren't anywhere near enough hours in the day to pull this off.

As of now, I'm not currently sure. My profile SUCKS, I know that, but I've gone through phases. Some of the games I played for the easy plat, I actually found myself enjoying though I would have never considered them and then others I hated myself for playing such a TERRIBLE game just for an easy plat...looking at you Adam's Venture. I also have 7 ratailka/shovelware games that I bought because I had small amounts of change on gift cards and decided to buy some platinums rather than just dumping the $0.60 gift cards completely.

I think I'm going to go back to just playing games that interest me and getting all the trophies I can on those games going forward, so my profile ultimately has a high completion percentage on mostly good games I liked with some embarrassing reminders of the past hidden below those games.

I'm still trying to re-evaluate this but originally it was to be high in the rankings. 

Most Plats

High in Leaderboard

High in my Country

Completion Rate 

Beat Friends

Etc.

I blew past my friends long ago and now it’s turned into keeping up and its burning me out. I've done too many easy ones. Though still have a lot of hard ones. I've also avoided games I want to play due to how hard the plats are or because no guide existed yet. 

It's really affected my game playing and I'm trying to figure out how to game going forward. 

At this point, the only goal I have is to keep my trophy streak going for as long as I can (which will probably be up to the point where my Vita dies and I go on a vacation). In July, I will have gotten at least one trophy a day for 8 consecutive years.

Other than that, not much. I still like platting games, and earning trophies, but nothing special.