What is your ultimate goal for your trophy profile?

Dreakon139

I don't have any long-term end goal in mind. I do however have some goals for the end of the year.

• at least 60 platinums
  • reduce my number of unearned trophies down to 7000
  • reach a completion rate of 80%
  • reach a rate of 5.00 trophies per day

Bringing unearned trophies below 7000 is going to be tough since PS+ Extra keeps adding so many titles I want to play and I want to play everything in case something I'm interested in gets removed from the service.

No particular ultimate goals in mind besides perhaps eliciting a "wow nice profile" response from my friends, I just sort of decide on things as I go and I don't think that far ahead. I think I'd like to someday increase my average completion to about ~80% from its current 58.75% and watch my unearned trophies dip below 4 digits, but that's about it.

For now, some short term goals I have is reaching 170 plats before the end of the year from my current total of 118 as well as breaking into the top 2000 for Canada's rankings, which from what I've seen will take me about 22 more levels or so.

• Like 1

Out of the 224 games I’ve played I’m top 50 in the fastest achievers for exactly 100 of them and just under half are 1st places, also creeping up on 10 1st achievers too.

I’d also like to get my completion % up.
It’s not an end goal but my next would be:

Reach 150 top 50s

Reach 75 1st places 

Reach 95% completion 

Finally reach 15 1st achievers 

Hopefully by the end of year.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 2

I have reached and exceeded most of my desired milestones: 100 platinums, overall completion percentage above 90%, 100 UR's. The last big one I have been aiming for is 10,000 trophies and I am closing in on that milestone. Also, for my 15th anniversary of trophy hunting, I will re-earn the first trophy I ever popped by playing BioShock Remastered. I think after that, I might rest on my laurels as it were. My backlog is untenable and the hunt is not as enjoyable as it once was. I might go for occasional platinum here and there, but the dogged hunt for 100% will be relaxed I think. 

Edited by da-Noob123

14 hours ago, Lord_of_Ra said:

Mainly get the ps3/vita console backlog done and shelved. Would love to get up to date with newer games without that feeling of "pending tasks" 1f601.png

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been trying to focus on getting my PS3 backlog cleared for years now so I don't have to feel guilty about playing PS4/PS5 games. I'm not doing myself any favours though, because when I do start getting close to being done, I end up buying a bunch more games to add to it. This has happened a few times now. ? Vita is a whole different story because I kinda put that backlog on hold to focus on PS3 games instead, so I expect that I'll still be playing Vita well into the PS6 generation. ?

• Like 3

I've just wanted to reach 90% trophy completion and finally managed it. Got a couple games coming out over the next few months I'd like to play, but beyond that, just looking to go back to some titles I've not played in many years to see how many more trophies I can get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

I don't have an ultimate goal that I want to achieve, but a status quo that I want to maintain.

More Platinums, more Ultra Rares and maintaining 100%.

^ This

Except for the "maintaining 100%" in my case it's maintaining and very slowly getting close to 98%. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2012 at 9:35 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

My ultimate goal is to get a plat. that my brother will never get...now he's the real trophy hoard!

My best bet would be to plat. WKC

Over 10 years later and noticed that I completed my ultimate goal once the Quantum of Solace servers went down with my 3rd plat. Guess I should've retired like 9 years ago and just waited it out. xD

Honestly, I think an "Ultimate Goal" for trophy hunting is kind of silly. I think the most important thing is to just have fun with it. However... now that I got a couple impossible plats that my brother can never achieve, why not more?

• Like 1

On 10/10/2016 at 1:39 AM, Suicide_Tortuga said:

Remain stackfree where all my games and platinums on my profile are unique. Venture out into other series I haven't played to add variety to my profile. Completing series and doing all dlc for my games.

I found myself. 

About 7 years later, I still hold true to what I said. I just l have Sifu DLC to complete DLC for all my platinums.

The overall goal I have is to just play games that interest me.

• Like 1

- Reach plat 100th 

- Complete as many games i can in my list and getting near 100% as possible. Only games series i like.

- Complete hard games left in my list: DoA 5, Bladestorm Nightmare, Catherine, ...

Edited by DeathNyx

Beside the more superficial aims like maintaining completion rates, rarity points and URs, I would definitely want to have more co-op oriented games on my profile that when looking back upon, brings you a wide grin when thinking back - I believe that to be a worthwhile goal.?

Also, sorry mods for the prior post of mine and thank you for deleting it as it clearly was out-of-line. I hope this one is within boundaries. Thanks!?

At this point, as far as I'm currently aware, I feel like I've accomplished most of what I set out to do in setting up my trophy collection as a scrapbook of my interests in going for platinums in the franchises I really cared about like Harry Potter or Star Wars, like Uncharted or inFAMOUS and so forth, and it only got even better the moment they announced the Crash, Spyro, and MediEvil remakes so I could get some retro love in there from my childhood prior to trophy support too. Some stealth stuff, some platformer stuff, some story driven stuff essentially. Now we've gone down the rabbit hole so far with remasters and remakes that I couldn't ask for much more than probably a remake of Crash Twinsanity or a PS Plus classic port of Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time at this point, otherwise unless I find some hidden gems I missed out on, I can only go forward with new releases. That being said, because I feel I've come a long way since the dawn of trophy hunting, my new goal has essentially been keeping my completion rate above 70%, which means really keeping it above at least 71% if I wish to sustain that goal in the long run. Something about falling into the 60's range just doesn't feel satisfactory to me.

-Win the popularly contest on PSNP.      

-Build my trophy list in a very specific way so it will appeal to others and earn me lots of views on my profile page.

-Earn over 10000000000000 million upvotes.     

-Make a checklist the community of PSNP can be proud of.

You know the important stuff.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Lord_of_Ra said:

Mainly get the ps3/vita console backlog done and shelved. Would love to get up to date with newer games without that feeling of "pending tasks" 1f601.png

I'm in the same process of playing PS3 titles, but I know that, realistically, my backlog will never be done. So after I finish a PS3 game, I start playing a new-ish PS4/PS5 game, then go back to finish another PS3 game, and so on.

There's many new titles I want to play, but many PS3 titles I never got around to play, too - so I find this to be a nice balance.

I guess my goal is to fill my profile with games and series I like. And add more genres.

It's a tragedy that my profile doesn't have a Resident Evil or a Silent Hill game yet. It's weird to think that Gran Turismo 6 is the only racing game on it when I prefer arcade style racing titles. I really need to try out some RPG's too. As you can see, the canvas that is my profile is only half-painted, so I should add some colours.

• Like 2