What is your ultimate goal for your trophy profile?

Dreakon139

For those of us who "trophy hunt", what is your goal?

For example, I'm something of a realist. I know I won't necessarily platinum every game I have... whether it's because it's just completely out of my league (GTA IV), impossible due to glitches (Skate 3) or impossible due to online servers inevitably going down (NHL 11 and 12)... so I've decided I would just be content with getting over 50% in all of my games. The ones with realistic platinums I will work towards, but the others I'll get as many as I can just by having fun and cross my fingers that gets me over 50%. ;)

So what do you think might be your goal overall? Do you just play for fun and couldn't care less about trophies? Do you intend to platinum every game on your list? Do you intend to 100% every game on your list? Any specific percentages, ala my example?

• Like 3

lolwut? Skate 3 isn't impossible.

The Sellout! trophy. I ask someone to add a custom image to their skater, they do and the game refuses to load it (saying I need to unlock/purchase something upon editing their skater). Lord knows the graphics creator website doesn't work either.

I like to get most of my games to at least 60%. Not necessarily my overall percentage (that's low because some games I really, really hate and won't suffer through so they're very low at like 10% under, and of course ones I've just started bring the overall down too, but I'm working on that.).

But for the majority I like at least 60%. I try for higher and try to get all the trophies I can in a game even if I know I'll never platinum it I still try to get as many as I can (most of the time hehe).

• Like 1

will I dont have any goal right now. There is nothing I have to prove to myself anymore. I have achieved the hardest and the easiest platinum in ps3, and this becomes tedious and timeconsuming. I will ofcourse try to plat the game I love, but I wont play like before. I wanna use my gaming-time with my favorites games, if I get bored I may go back and plats a couple.

So you can say that I have achieved my ultimate goal. I havent dreamed about reaching 66 plats but I did, and there is definitly just question of times before I reach 100, but I wont rush I want it to become naturally.

So enough of changing games regulary and welcome to nerding som of my favorites games :ninja:

(GOW3 chaos mode and NG2(xbox360) Master Ninja mode........ here I come :yay: )

I wanna be, the very best! Like no one ever was!

To catch them is my real test! To train them is my cause!

But back to topic, my ultimate trophy goal would be to 100% everything, but that ain't happening. A realistic goal is to plat most of my games, hopefully 100% most of those depending on the DLC. Another would be to stay above 89.99%, I want to stay in the nineties.

• Like 2

I am glad I joined this forum; I had no idea that trophy collection was such a serious pursuit. For the longest time, I never bothered about trophies and just cared about gameplay 'immersion' and escaping the regular 9-to-5. I joined this forum about 4 days back, and can state for a fact that I have a new respect for this 'trophy hunting' phenomena. Lets see if I can make my tally a bit more respectable over the next couple of weeks; I get to play only over the weekends because of my job! :(</p>

I do not believe I have an ultimate trophy goal. I really don't think I will ever stop trophy hunting. I will still getting trophies on the PS Vita and eventually when the PS4 inevitably comes out. In terms of what I hope my percentage to be, I would love to have my percentage in the 90% range. It is currently at 80.90% It would be a lot better, if before I started trophy hunting, I would not have tried games I could not stand thus getting a permanent 0%. If only Sony would let you delete trophy lists......but ONLY ones at 100%. Even better, the trophy list should not pop up until you get your first trophy on a game!

It would be a lot better, if before I started trophy hunting, I would not have tried games I could not stand thus getting a permanent 0%. If only Sony would let you delete trophy lists......but ONLY ones at 100%. Even better, the trophy list should not pop up until you get your first trophy on a game!

How would it help your percentage if you could only delete games that are at 100%?

No huge goals as to reaching a certain level or anything. I was about to say that I don't get games specifically for trophies, but that's not entirely true. Trophies might persuade me into getting a game I was originally on the fence about. I just stick to playing games I like or games that look interesting to me and try to complete as much as I can. Basically my only goal is to get as close to 100% on the games I have, and try to platinum what I can.

I don't mind putting in a lot of time and effort into completing a game and getting some difficult trophies, but I know when to quit. I don't want to sacrifice too much time on one trophy if it's preventing me from getting around to other games. Resistance 2 is the perfect example of this. Just one gold trophy left for my platinum, but I know I'll never get it and have since moved on. It still bothers me that I'm so close :P

One thing I pride myself on is getting higher trophy/profile levels with as few trophies as possible (i.e. collect more high-value trophies). I prefer quality over quantity, and I scoff a little at people who have high levels but only thousands of bronze trophies and hardly any platinums or golds.

Getting up to 50 plats is my goal for 2012. I'd also like to purchase some PSN cards so I could get some DLC for Mafia II, Bioshock and Bioshock 2 so I can get them back to 100%... that's about it I guess. Getting 50 plats might be difficult thanks to slavery, I mean work! :unsure:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I need 50 platinums and a PSN level of 20 but i dont think i will be satisfied with that so ill keep getting platinums no matter how many i get. I just keep getting trophies as without collecting trophies games wont last long enough.

Mine is to obtain every trophy I possibly can. If I can look at a game and say the trophy is still possible, I want to go for it!

*Possible excludes DLC... I'll never buy DLC just to have 100%... The platinum is enough for me.

'

This. Also to beat most of my games that I haven't started or that are currently unbeaten. Too many good games I haven't beaten yet.