DO NOT INSTALL PATCH 1.02 ("Can't Stop Won't Stop" Side Quest Bugged)

On 3/25/2024 at 9:59 PM, Lunasmeow said:

I hadn't started the entire chapter until after the patch, and the bug is affecting me... I also had not already beaten his score, but I had beaten rank 3. Maybe that's the issue? Already being in the top rank?

Unlikely. I had already completed rank 3 when I got to it and got the trophy on 1.02 with no issues. Really not sure what the trigger is at this point

11 hours ago, TriplEEE13 said:

Can confirm that this worked for me. Did it on "Performance - Sharp" before this and got a high score, but the objective did NOT register as complete. Per BrilloHD, I set my graphics to "Graphics" and got the high score again (32500) and the objective completed. Thanks BrilloHD!

Regardless of whether or not it was the solution, I'm glad it worked for you! At the very least, my theory saved one person from having to re-install everything. Maybe there's actually something to this and the community can build upon it to find a more reliable answer, but it's a start!

It also proves that it isn't eternally bugged - that it can still progress even after the bug occurred with the right workaround/trigger.

23 minutes ago, BrilloHD said:

Regardless of whether or not it was the solution, I'm glad it worked for you! At the very least, my theory saved one person from having to re-install everything. Maybe there's actually something to this and the community can build upon it to find a more reliable answer, but it's a start!

It also proves that it isn't eternally bugged - that it can still progress even after the bug occurred with the right workaround/trigger.

Yeah! I never even thought of it! Aside from running super sluggish on Graphics mode, I managed to get the UPA quest out of the way on Hard. I was dreading having to wait it out. Thanks again!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ampki said:

When will we ever seen this fixed I haven’t seen anything from square…

They don't seem to give regular updates on this kind of thing. I'm going to go ahead and assume, this won't have it's own fix, it'll just be lumped in with a larger upcoming patch. I'm hoping that the next patch will include the bug fix and a hard mode/brutal & legendary VR mission difficulty nerf or rebalance. But I think the chances are much higher for only one of those happening 😂

On 3/24/2024 at 8:20 PM, SmurfRockRune said:

Ultimate Party Animal worked just fine for me with the patch. I hadn't started the quest yet and my high score for all of the games was lower than the UPA score required.

Feel like this might be the main issue which is linked to the bug, I started the quest after the patch was installed, but also had the high score set on G-Bike already higher then the UPA requirement. Which I feel might be whats bugging in the code again I have no idea just a speculation just hoping it gets patched soon, waiting to progress my last side quest to do before moving onto the temple, SMH 

1 hour ago, SSMOK3EEY- said:

Feel like this might be the main issue which is linked to the bug, I started the quest after the patch was installed, but also had the high score set on G-Bike already higher then the UPA requirement. Which I feel might be whats bugging in the code again I have no idea just a speculation just hoping it gets patched soon, waiting to progress my last side quest to do before moving onto the temple, SMH 

I don't think that's the source of the bug. I started the quest after the patch too, and like you, my high scores were already higher than UPA. The quest still worked fine for me, I didn't run into any bug at any stage.

On 3/27/2024 at 2:11 AM, Nick240894 said:

Off topic but how did you beat the colosseum battle on hard mode? I'm stuck on it right now. Just getting through round 1 with the giant cactuars was absolute hell, and round 2 with the tonberries is very annoying even with anti-instant death gear, because they keep binding me, but the real wall is round 4 : the two jokers + gigantoad. I already struggled with that when I did the quest on normal mode, but doing it on hard mode is sheer insanity.

What characters and builds did you use for it, if you don't mind my asking?

I don't recall exactly, I was still playing around with builds at that time. For round 1, stay close to the Gigantuars and as soon as they do "needle rain" use Bravery with Cloud. He will get some damage but he will immediately interrupt and stun them. Then I used Power Cleave for damage. I also used Power Discharge enemy skill, it's super helpful. 

Round 4 was also annoying, but I don't recall any particular strategy. 

Anyway, look up for builds for the "Ruler of the Outer Worlds". They are OP as hell and will probably trivialize the Colosseum Battle. I think the most common are "Tifa's Divekick" and "Aerith aga spells". 

I ended up modifying this https://youtu.be/G2OIhl6KDnw

(build in comments). 

Edited by nudoetcrudo
  • Like 1

Happened to me a few hours ago... beat G-Bike 2 times with score above requirement, loaded a previous save and did it again without luck

I reported the bug to SE (you can do it from the SE website > contact us > FF7 Rebirth > in game issue...)

I am on digital so... gonna continue playing while waiting for a fix

3 hours ago, the_sultan999 said:

did anyone else try playing and then switching to graphics mode and see if that works out? only one person reported about it and another confirmed that it works

I did, got the glitch first time playing side quest, reloaded old save, switched to graphics mode and it still glitched.

4 hours ago, the_sultan999 said:

did anyone else try playing and then switching to graphics mode and see if that works out? only one person reported about it and another confirmed that it works

I tried this and it did not work. Even tried switching to graphics mode before starting the quest 

7 hours ago, the_sultan999 said:

For what its worth I did it with the new patch and it all worked fine.

-Played in Graphics mode

-Started quest for the first time after the patch

-I had reached rank 3 on normal G bike, but had not done the hard modes yet.

5 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

-Played in Graphics mode

Beating normal met the requirements for party animal? 

4 hours ago, vividamage123 said:

Beating normal met the requirements for party animal? 

No, what I meant was I had already finished normal, but had not started hard. So when I did the UPA quest, I had no scores on the hard mode version. 

13 hours ago, XileLerinril said:

-Played in Graphics mode

As above for me, though I had done rank 3 on hard which are available much later game, and was fine for me too. 

5 hours ago, Sulivan666 said:

If I have beaten the hard version of G-bike before starting the question, it will work?

No guarantees. Knowing of the glitch, I didn’t touch it before starting the quest and when I cleared it, I still got the glitch.

There’s definitely something else at play here. I’ve tried every method from this thread with no luck.

You might not run into the glitch, but it’s a crapshoot at this point.

It happened to me earlier. Switched to graphics mode before going for the G Bike high score as part of the quest. Got the high score but it bugged as everyone else. Guess I will just wait for a patch and continue my platinum progression once it fixed. I'd imagine it will be fixed soon as the bug it showing up on gaming news websites too

On 3/28/2024 at 5:02 PM, Nick240894 said:

I don't think that's the source of the bug. I started the quest after the patch too, and like you, my high scores were already higher than UPA. The quest still worked fine for me, I didn't run into any bug at any stage.

Oh ok interesting, I even tried just doing the other mini games within the quest and even after beating the Chocobo portion it glitches as well unfortunately. Seems like you were one of he lucky few, thats good to know. Enjoy brotha.

On 3/29/2024 at 7:45 PM, Nakhar said:

I hope they'll patch that soon so I don't get rusty from not playing :(

Feel that, My platinum and grind in general has been halted. Have everything done from side quests to charley missions and was going to finish UPA being my last side quest and go right to Gilgamesh temple. All being halted unfortunately.