DO NOT INSTALL PATCH 1.02 ("Can't Stop Won't Stop" Side Quest Bugged)

Ran into this sort of. I was at 87/88 for Johnny, all I needed was to complete all of the simulator fights, just finished the last legendary bout, got the trophy for it. 

I go to Johnny, on the top of the screen it shows me at 87/88, but if I view my list, it shows me at 88/88 and no trophy pop. 

Anyone encounter this? 

Edit: went on to chapter 13 with all previous side quest restored, fixed the issue, got the trophy

Edited by Dbarr74

just ran into this bug, my console is always connected to the internet and with auto updates on, i have the digital version so i guess i will have to continue doing other stuff for now, any other platinum related bug right now that i should be aware of?

1 hour ago, mephisto3dg said:

just ran into this bug, my console is always connected to the internet and with auto updates on, i have the digital version so i guess i will have to continue doing other stuff for now, any other platinum related bug right now that i should be aware of?

Not that I know of, and let's hope there aren't anymore.

In case there's a need for confirmation, I can confirm the reinstall method with 1.00 works: I've had the bug for a few days until today I decided to reinstall the game since I have the physical copy and managed to finally clear the last quest. The save files from 1.02 also work on 1.00 just fine.

- Didn't start quest before patch

- Already higher score than UPA in G-Bike

- Playing in graphics mode all the time

Bugged.

Edit: Reversed to 1.00 and done, couldn't wait for another patch

Edited by Rodrister

- Played in Graphics mode from day one

- Started Chapter 12 for the first time after the patch

- No previous score on hard mode G-bike

Bugged. Reinstalled the game in offline mode, and everything was fine. Thank god for physical games.

22 hours ago, KN_Kirai said:

Not that I know of, and let's hope there aren't anymore.

In case there's a need for confirmation, I can confirm the reinstall method with 1.00 works: I've had the bug for a few days until today I decided to reinstall the game since I have the physical copy and managed to finally clear the last quest. The save files from 1.02 also work on 1.00 just fine.

Do I have to reload a previous save or should I just complete again the minigame after restoring v1.0?

I ran into this bug as well now. I have the digital version, so sadly no workaround for me. Hoping for a quick fix, because I don't want to continue the story without completing all side quests first.

9 minutes ago, CaptHowdy_84 said:

Do I have to reload a previous save or should I just complete again the minigame after restoring v1.0?

You're better off completing the minigame again, it just sucks that you have to score higher than the UPA again if you already did.

Encountered bug without starting the quest until patch. Tried all three graphic settings, and had accidentally beat UPA score before quest. Reinstalled with internet connected but cancelled the patch and will update after finishing party animal just to be safe. Cutscene popped first try on downgrade for G-Bike. 

i got the bug on patch 1.02, got tired of waiting for the patch so I deleted the game and reinstalled it without the patch, now everytime I try to enter the gold saucer the game crashes.

Looks like im screwed either way.

I've played the entire game with digital version up until i accepted the final sidequest. I started that quest on 1.00 and did Bike,Airship,Chocobo and Queen minigames there.

Then i redownloaded digital version and did Colosseum and Brawler.

Nothing bugged, nothing crashed

Just did the G-Bike without getting bugged on v1.02 (digital version).

I don't know why I was lucky, but some info:

- Unlocked and started the quest after patch (same session as I got the score)

- Played in performance mode - sharp

- Did several tries. First got rank 2, then rank 3, then UPA score.

- Didn't do any of the other UPA challenges yet, started with G-Bike.

10 minutes ago, petrus_hendrikus said:

Just did the G-Bike without getting bugged on v1.02 (digital version).

I don't know why I was lucky, but some info:

- Unlocked and started the quest after patch (same session as I got the score)

- Played in performance mode - sharp

- Did several tries. First got rank 2, then rank 3, then UPA score.

- Didn't do any of the other UPA challenges yet, started with G-Bike.

I can confirm I did the exact same as you, until bullet #3. Beat the UPA score first try. I did make a backup manual and PS cloud save before going for the score, maybe I will try to get a lower score first and then try. 

3 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Has anyone tried it on hard mode on current patch? I am doing them again for manuscripts. If i have to redownload the game i will probably skip Cait's manuscript

You can still get Cait's manuscript without doing G-Bike. You get it after completing the colosseum challenge. Go straight to that and complete it. You will get it after the 5th round is completed.

Edit: I actually tried G-Bike on hard mode and it worked!

Edited by NathanW18
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NathanW18 said:

You can still get Cait's manuscript without doing G-Bike. You get it after completing the colosseum challenge. Go straight to that and complete it. You will get it after the 5th round is completed.

Edit: I actually tried G-Bike on hard mode and it worked!

This is interesting... thanks for reporting it

Can anyone else confirm it?

I got my physical copy and can confirm:

Installing the physical copy while disconnected from the internet works. 

I installed my physical copy with the internet turned off, loaded a save right by the G-Bike, did the challenge a second time and it let me progress 

Sucks I had to buy a whole other copy of the game though.