DO NOT INSTALL PATCH 1.02 ("Can't Stop Won't Stop" Side Quest Bugged)

3 hours ago, oYazmat said:

This is interesting... thanks for reporting it

Can anyone else confirm it?

Yes I can also confirm it, I did the sidequest for the first time on Hard after redownloading the game to get it to version 1.00 and it worked just fine. The manuscripts unlocks even without completing the whole quest since it's rewarded after clearing the five battles in the colosseum.

1 hour ago, KN_Kirai said:

Yes I can also confirm it, I did the sidequest for the first time on Hard after redownloading the game to get it to version 1.00 and it worked just fine. The manuscripts unlocks even without completing the whole quest since it's rewarded after clearing the five battles in the colosseum.

In this case, the fix isn’t hard mode, it’s that you have rolled a physical copy back to 1.00, which is a known fix.

With a digital copy on the latest version, I can confirm I still ran into the glitch.

I’m going to assume if there was a surefire workaround, SE would have communicated it when they acknowledged the glitch.

7 minutes ago, Palette_Swap said:

In this case, the fix isn’t hard mode, it’s that you have rolled a physical copy back to 1.00, which is a known fix.

With a digital copy on the latest version, I can confirm I still ran into the glitch.

I’m going to assume if there was a surefire workaround, SE would have communicated it when they acknowledged the glitch.

Did you try resetting quests on Hard and doing them all again?

Just asking in case you did and didnt work, digitally

1 hour ago, KN_Kirai said:

My bad I wasn't clear in my post. I was referring to G-Bike for UPA quest in hard mode while on latest patch not bugging

3 hours ago, Palette_Swap said:

Ah yes, being in hard mode doesn't fix the bug, I was confirming that the manuscript is linked to the colosseum battle, so you don't have to complete the entire quest for it.

3 hours ago, ShadowReplicant said:

I mean, you could've just waited for the next patch, Square Enix already announced that they're working on a fix.

Oh, where did they announce that? I'm never sure where to look for prospective updates, is it on Twitter, or...?

11 hours ago, oYazmat said:

My bad I wasn't clear in my post. I was referring to G-Bike for UPA quest in hard mode while on latest patch not bugging

Just as a confirmation for my post yesterday. I'm now on the latest patch in hard mode. I reset all of my quests to get the manuscripts in hard mode. I did that and tried G-Bike again. It worked for me.

It did not work for me during my dynamic playthrough with the latest patch installed. I had to uninstall the game and play the game unpatched to clear G-Bike.

Hopefully the patch drops this week. Based on their wording in the tweet, I don't think we'll have to wait too long for it.

Edited by NathanW18

18 hours ago, oYazmat said:

This is interesting... thanks for reporting it

Can anyone else confirm it?

Earlier in the thread, some people were associating it to the graphics mode setting. While this has proven to be inaccurate, they were able to get it to count on easy after running it another time (or two?) After changing the graphics mode.  TLDR: might not glitch every run. Results may vary. 

Edited by damcrac5

7 hours ago, the_sultan999 said:

18 days and still unpatched. lol this is nuts

It's definitely been a while. I reckon they will be sticking this fix into a bigger patch full of other fixes at some point. That, or they are actually having trouble fixing UPA without it breaking other things.

I'm on chapter 12. Just wondering is this bug a blocker for the platinum trophy or blocks progression going to chapter 13?

If I opted not to do this side quest now, is it tedious or time consuming to do later on (via chapter select) once the patch becomes available? 

Thank you! 

27 minutes ago, MegaZeroXX said:

I'm on chapter 12. Just wondering is this bug a blocker for the platinum trophy or blocks progression going to chapter 13?

If I opted not to do this side quest now, is it tedious or time consuming to do later on (via chapter select) once the patch becomes available? 

Thank you! 

The bug blocks the platinum because it prevents you from earning My Job Here Is Done, which is the trophy for completing all side quests. It doesn't block main quest progression in any way.

Edited by BusyFace13
  • Like 2

On 4/3/2024 at 7:31 AM, BaquPL said:

i got the bug on patch 1.02, got tired of waiting for the patch so I deleted the game and reinstalled it without the patch, now everytime I try to enter the gold saucer the game crashes.

Looks like im screwed either way.

Can you reinstall 1.02, go inside the saucer, save, then delete and reinstall 1.00 and load up inside the saucer?

I have a question on this. I reverted back to 1.0.0, however I do not see the Ultimate Party Animal quest giver in Chapter 12. I have 35/36 quests completed, but there is just no marker there, nor anyone to hand the quest out. Is this part of the glitch too? 

1 hour ago, Ataldeath said:

I have a question on this. I reverted back to 1.0.0, however I do not see the Ultimate Party Animal quest giver in Chapter 12. I have 35/36 quests completed, but there is just no marker there, nor anyone to hand the quest out. Is this part of the glitch too? 

If you go to Chapter 13 you should see the UPA quest.

• Like 1

Appreciate it, I was thinking Chapter 12 was the last chapter I could do anything, but it looks like if you enter chapter 13, you immediately board the Bronco and it says there are quests in the Coral region. Basically don't go into the final area of the game. 

Edit: When I attempted to go to Gold Saucer in chapter 13 on version 1.0, I keep getting a game error. Error code CE-108255-1

Edited by Ataldeath

18 hours ago, MrBeens said:

Can you reinstall 1.02, go inside the saucer, save, then delete and reinstall 1.00 and load up inside the saucer?

Haven't thought of that :) might try this later, thanks for the tip.

I'm downloading v1.030 now. Was very surprised that a patch is now available. I just deleted the game yesterday to revert back to v1.0 to finish the side quest on chapter 12. If I've known that a patch will be available, I could have waited for it :)

Edit: I haven't read the patch notes yet, its. 4.95GB. Hopefully this addresses the bug.

Edited by MegaZeroXX
added info

I just missed the boat as well. Although I uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of days ago. If I had known, I don't think I would have waited though. I'm glad I've been able to progress to chapter 13 already. Glad that everyone with a digital copy can complete that section now though. Fingers crossed no more bugs crop up. Does anyone know if the update just fixes the bug or if there were other changes as well?