The worst rage moment you have ever experienced (From you or a friend)

vsvpl1501

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That's as an adult though.

I feel you. At the age of 31, almost nothing can disturb me anymore

51 minutes ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

I have played a lot harder games but only had minor frustrations, it is just something about that feeling like the game is against you coupled with being online and in their favour that leaves my blood boiling. 

Ohhhhh boy. There's nothing that comes close to fifa!

12 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I didn't break anything, but I went into a seizure. I blacked out for 20-30 seconds and went into a convulsion.

Jesus ... that sounds scary :D

Edited by vsvpl1501

Getting frustrated at a videogame can actually be healthy, if it's used to fuel perseverance and persistence rather than angry outbursts. But I think if I was at a point where it felt natural and acceptable for me to throw a controller, smash something or lash out physically - I'd have to reflect on whether that is less about the gaming and more about something else going on in my life or my life history to fuel that kind of reaction.

In my early teens I think I bit a Super Nintendo Controller playing a copy of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts that I rented from Blockbuster. But as an adult the most I muster is to occasionally swear profanely at the TV and then get up and do something else for a bit. 

• Like 1

I remember getting extremely frustrated while I was playing Test Drive 5 on PS1.  I got so mad that I took the disc out of the system and threw it across the room and watched it explode once it hit my computer monitor.  I went through several copies of that game as well as Street Fighter Alpha 3.  I also went into a rage while trying to get the race time on the Ratchet and Clank reboot for PS4.  I grabbed the disc out of the system and yeeted it out the back door.  My wife was not happy when she found out.

Edited by wafflestomper810
  • Like 1

I think it was during my first Souls games experiences like Bloodborne. Especially in the DLC with Laurence boss, where I smashed my controller several times that I even made some holes into my PC table. :D I was much younger back then and didn't have good self control.

On the other hand, I'm glad these things happened and I got into souls genre because I think these hard games made me more patient in the end and I learned a lot thanks to them.

Newest similar moments were with DD2, where I was frustrated A LOT while completing the platinum trophy. Even though the game is great, there are so many badly designed and illogical things, I was so annoyed. Stunlock animations, terrible sliding off everything, drakes flying away after they have almost no health, same enemies around every corner etc. There are just too many things you can't control and are about luck, it's too much sometimes. I started to play the first one again and it's just better in so many things... I have no idea what the devs were thinking making some things worse, when they were good before.

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 2

I was at my friend’s place and we were replaying the Mortal Kombat 9 story mode. We got to the chapter where you fight Shao Kahn for the first time, and after he lost a bunch of times, he ejected the disk and yeeted it at a wall.

He did the same thing again when he got his ass beat by a boss in Dark Souls 3.

• Like 2

I raged mostly with basic movement for Aloy in Horizon ZD & the sequel. 

Had to give my girl a few pep talks on how we are trying to get to the TOP of this long mountain, - not yeet off the side, midway. 

Then I had Deja Vu - Who else has received this lecture?

Ah yes - Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

Damn them both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

Especially in the DLC with Laurence boss

My Kryptonite was the Pthumerian Descendant ... 

1 hour ago, Adsum_Infinitus said:

Ah yes - Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

I was tilted so often during AC because of some clunky climbing :D  

1 hour ago, ClearVHS said:

watched a movie instead.

I guess it was a good movie :D

• Like 1

These are all so amusing to read hahaha

When I was younger I once gripped my controller really hard and shook it. That's about as far as I went on rage moments..this shit is too expensive to ragefully break it lol

• Like 2

I used to game with a friend that would rage and throw his controller across the room if you scratched his car in GTA online. It was a pleasure giving his car a the baseball bat treatment every time before getting in...

Needless to say, the gaming sessions didn't last very long 😅

Aren't crazy friends the best?

• Like 1

I once had a PSP that I exclusively used to play Megaman Powered Up, and everything was going fine until I decided to try playing the classic mode. I had basically had only ever played easy mode in the powered up section of the game, so switching to the classic difficulty of the original megaman game was something I was not prepared for. After dying repeatedly to a single level for thirty minutes I got mad enough to smash my head into the PSP, breaking the screen and making the device unusable. Keep in mind that I was a kid at the time and this was after PSPs were discontinued, so I refused to tell my parents about this and lost a very valuable device that day. Ever since then if I got mad at a game I would scream into a pillow instead of damaging my devices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I raged at Super Mario on the Wii when trying to beat the last level that my family looked over in genuine concern and seeing its from a Mario game is pretty funny to look back on when I was little 

• Like 1

Easily in my teenage years and with Need For Speed: Underground for PS2. I got so angry at the ultra cheap rubberband AI that I smashed the game’s DVD case and the DualShock controller in turn. Now today while I still rage occasionally I’m a lot calmer and don’t smash controllers or other things anymore.

23 minutes ago, grayhammmer said:

I once had a PSP that I exclusively used to play Megaman Powered Up, and everything was going fine until I decided to try playing the classic mode. I had basically had only ever played easy mode in the powered up section of the game, so switching to the classic difficulty of the original megaman game was something I was not prepared for. After dying repeatedly to a single level for thirty minutes I got mad enough to smash my head into the PSP, breaking the screen and making the device unusable. Keep in mind that I was a kid at the time and this was after PSPs were discontinued, so I refused to tell my parents about this and lost a very valuable device that day. Ever since then if I got mad at a game I would scream into a pillow instead of damaging my devices.

LOL I did just the same actually, smashing my head on the screen, but it was while playing Tekken: Dark Resurrection and fighting its cheap final boss, Jinpachi Mishima. I was on vacation with my grandparents and told my mother over the phone that I dropped it from a table and that caused the screen to break. That was in 07, when I came back home my mom gave me a brand new PSP with a 2GB Memory Stick. I felt very bad for lying though and felt that I didn’t deserve it. Yet I kept it a secret and vowed to myself to never let this happen again. While in a very used shape nowadays, the replacement PSP still works to this day. So I learned my lesson.

• Like 2

I remember how I died 30+ times on Omnigul in Destiny (PS4). No broken controllers or screens, just tapped PS button and deleted Destiny. Omnigul is not the hardest boss in game, damn she is not even in top ten, and that's exactly what pissed me off. I already had every raid and strike activities completed by that time, even raid with no deaths, and then this Nightfall strike with Omnigul gets in weekly strikes event with annoying modifiers and made a punching bag out of my fireteam. 
The next day I felt stupid. All that was needed was to change the armor for the mission modifiers. But I underestimated that strike, and paid for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChilledBrandon said:

Uncharted on Brutal Difficulty or Halo on Legendary would be my two choices. So many rage moments and just feeling like the game was unfair at those difficulties.

I tried Brutal and just stopped because devs clearly didn't test it, just said bump up enemy damage and make Nate 1 hit kill. Literally load the encounter and die before you could move.

Haven't "raged" at games for a while...Need for Speed Heat maybe. Lately Slay the Spire has me upset.

• Like 1

DS3 the nameless king......3 nights maybe 2 hours having a go is probably the closest I've got to a rage.  My technique after a failure was to draw the controller up to the right with a large inhale as if to be thrown at the TV....exhale...... gently lay the controller down and say... "you win" 

The eventual win.. the lure of the souls was that much more satisfying..... then NG+ beaten first time which is often the way 

come to think of it could have been some "you win" moments on Milenia.... 

• Like 1

Never really raged.  But the last time I got super-frustrated was in an older SoulCalibur game.  Had some rough (cheap) encounters in one of the side mode whateverhaveyoumacallits.  One of which was extremely annoying, that was the last time in which I was legit pissed off over a game.  Didn't break anything or yell, just kept playing in torment for hours until I beat it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I would first like to thank you for every post so far. I've often had tears in my eyes from laughing at work. :D  Love u all <3 

On 4/4/2024 at 5:56 PM, colia100 said:

if you scratched his car in GTA online. It was a pleasure giving his car a the baseball bat treatment every time before getting in...

Boys beeing boys :D but throwing a controller across the room because someone scratched the car in gta?! :D every 3 seconds you drive into something

On 4/4/2024 at 11:56 PM, grayhammmer said:

if I got mad at a game I would scream into a pillow

This was my way to go in FIFA back in the days :D  i didn't want a visit from my mother in my room :D

On 4/5/2024 at 12:16 AM, Prototype1690 said:

Yet I kept it a secret and vowed to myself to never let this happen again

As u mentioned a lesson was learned that day. But a great story to rember :)

On 4/5/2024 at 12:59 AM, D-Square23 said:

asked OUT LOUD, "Am I really gonna do this?" and then proceeded to bash the hell out of the controller until parts exploded from i

JESUS :D  for real? I have a golf driver next to my door...dont give me ideas :D

On 4/8/2024 at 1:04 AM, jjaammeess84 said:

draw the controller up to the right with a large inhale as if to be thrown at the TV....exhale...... gently lay the controller down and say... "you win" 

good self-care ! I've also had my PC mouse or headset ready to throw a few times (but never done it until now!) 

Edited by vsvpl1501
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My best guess is Tekken 6 ranked back on ps3 most likely. I have a hard time with those ranking systems where you can get demoted. It made me punch the crap out of my couch in a rage. I'm better at dealing with it now then I used to be though lol. But It cost me the plat in Street Fighter 5 for the same reason.

On 4/4/2024 at 6:59 PM, D-Square23 said:

Well I posted my biggest rage moment in a post for the game "Steep". basically this wingsuit challenge was kicking my rear for several hours and I finally just snapped. I set my PS4 controller on the ground, went and grabbed a genuine replica blunderbuss I bought at a Renaissance Fair and stood over the controller and asked OUT LOUD, "Am I really gonna do this?" and then proceeded to bash the hell out of the controller until parts exploded from it. I am not proud of that moment however it has become a bit of a crowd pleaser with my friends and I have come to have a good laugh about it 😄

Those Steep gold medals were brutal. I remember them well. Damn does it feel good when you beat them though. I felt like an absolute beast like I just won a gold medal for real 😆

Edited by PrimeTimePaladin
  • Like 2

I used to have horrible gamer rage. I can't even tell you how many controllers I went through as a kid because I would just smack them on my leg or the floor really hard and they'd break. Or I had this weird period as a teenager, in an attempt to try not to break my controllers, I'd have like discarded tic tac containers (which are plastic), which I'd put in my hand and punch them to break them...which would break the skin around my knuckles causing me to bleed. I don't know, I wasn't satisfied unless I broke something, or I was in pain. 

But the time I felt like I got really out of control and it made me rethink how ridiculous I was being, wasn't even that long ago. It was 2014 (so I was like 28 at the time), I was playing Mass Effect 2 on Insanity...and I absolutely blew my top. I got so angry I actually grabbed my hair and ripped it out of my head, then proceeded to keep playing, which only made it worse, so I literally spiked my DualShock 3 on the floor so hard it just exploded...I was picking up pieces of the motherboard and plastic for weeks, there was nothing left of this controller. 

Of course this meant I had to buy a new one during a time when I didn't have the money, so realizing how expensive it was put things into perspective. I haven't gotten that heated since. However, I do still have anger issues when it comes to video games. I'm a pretty laid back person, so video games being my trigger was always odd to me. But it's mostly just getting annoyed and yelling obscenities at my TV now, and I'm more prone to just turning the game off when it gets that bad. 

That instance of ME2 also changed my gaming habits a bit. It's a big reason I play/prefer easier games (your 3-4/10 Plats). It's why I don't play the From Software stuff because I just know what it's bound to do. Been playing The Division lately and it's been a trigger game for me...I'm enjoying it, but it can be unfair and brutal at times playing it solo, so there's been quite a lot of swearing this playthrough lol. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2