Tell me about your favorite difficult platinum/100% on PS3

eva-trice

Mirror's Edge, I guess. The platinum's difficulty is fine, but the 100%'s difficulty is truly hard. Still a great game, one of the rare 'first person parkour' kind.

Also Dead Space 2 with its permadeath mode. Can't call it really hard to be honest, but it does put a good pressure on you. The difficulty there lies in fighting your nervousness as you progress further from your last made save. 😄 And the game itself is just great. 

• Like 3

I only have one, I purchased a PS3 specifically to play FFXIII. It was not much of a game for the most part, until the end where it opened out -  battling Long gui's and Adamantoises. Some of the final achievements were quite surprisingly difficult. 

• Like 1

One of my favourite tough ones isn’t a platinum game:

L50078c.png
Quantum Conundrum 

It’s a pretty neat Portal-like 3D Puzzler (from one of the original creators of Portal), and there are some pretty intense time and efficiency challenges that need to be done for each puzzle.

It’s cool, because it basically allows you to “solve” each puzzle 3 time - once normally, once to figure out the most efficient possible solution, and once for the fastest possible way…

…and almost always, those three solutions are different, and fun to figure out

• Like 3

Definitely, Max Payne 3. I loved 1 and 2 at the time I played it on PS2. When I first began MP3 at his release, I didn't really like it, I found it too much different from the others and didn't play it a lot at this moment.

I came back on the game during 2021 because of the server shutdown, to earned mp trophies, then I did the solo part and enjoyed it really much more than 10 years before.

Also, for the difficult part, it was of course the hardcore New York Minute mode that ask you to finish the game without dying, with a one minute timer at the beginning, and you can increase the timer by killing enemies with headshots or explosions multikills. It asked me a few tries, it was the hardest part but with every tries, you can learn from your error and find the best spots for each gunfights.

• Like 3

Ngs2- One of the best hack&slash games . Spend over 1000+ hours on it, after platinum.

SF4 - Crazy hard challenges the first time. Long time fighting fan. 

Max Payne 3  - Was really fun to play this since we were a great group . Had fun and helped each other.  @Roronora_Zoro666

Hardcorps Uprising - The best 2d run&gun i have ever played. Finishing 1cc Arcade was great experience .

Edited by Vergil
  • Like 4

Mirror's Edge - My first hard platinum. I had to buy the DLC time trials, however at the time I didn't know that DLC is region locked (my account is from the USA and the disc is an european used copy). I had to buy the game digitally again. A couple months later it was made available for free (I think because of M.E. Catalyst's announcement). Ouch.

ICO - Finishing the game in under two hours was an adventure. I play very inefficiently, so speedrun trophies are specially hard for me.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - The multiplayer trophies were very difficult to get, even with boosting.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Getting the dog tags across multiple playthrough was tough, but completing every VR mission was much worse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Similar to MGS2, but this time collecting emblems. The hardest part of the whole game is surviving the motorbike chase at the highest difficulty in Act 3 to get the 'Big Boss' emblem.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Clearing every ranked battle with an 'S' at the highest difficulty is the main challenge here.

Dead Space 2 - Ah, the Hardcore mode run, probably the tensest I ever was while playing a videogame.

Batman Arkham City - I really, really REALLY hate the Riddler Revenge campaigns. Completing them for every playable character is something I'm never ever doing again.

Edited by GabrielMS13
  • Like 3

I missed those years but I would love to have gotten any Assassin's Creed platinum legit, I only got II because the others had a dozen online trophies each, and the servers were always dead.

Yeah, probably people still got them boosting in these last years but.. what's the point of doing that? I would be missing the actual online experience of doing it against other people.

• Like 1

Tales of Vesperia, it was my first platinum exactly 10 years ago and I remember it being really time consuming, tons and tons of missables and side quests, literally every trophy in that game other than the story ones were missable as they were all linked so you needed a guide glued to your face. I had this guide book from Japan and even with that, I forgot to steal these swords from a particular boss, so had to do another playthrough to get 100% item complete. It really needed you to be very careful with story progression, you also had to open every chest, touch every save point of which some were missable..... just a missable nightmare. 

But I love Tales of Vesperia, it has my favourite cast and story and is a great game other than the pain in the butt trophies. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phantom_Maveth said:

Metal Gear solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

By the end of that whole ordeal I really felt like a master at the game.

I pretty much knew everything there was to know about it and I loved every second of it.

This /\

One of my proudest platinums to date. 

• Like 1

PS3 era plats are so different from what u see nowadays

anywhere my favorite hardest plat is max Payne 3

loved everything about it.. the story.. the soundtrack, max's sarcastic but often funny monologues 

lets not forget the NYMHC trophy

I really wish this game would be remastered/remade

• Like 2

Probably Gran Turismo 5. My journey towards that plat was truly an odyssey. I didn’t have a wheel back when I first got the game way back in 2010 and at the time I made it as far as I reasonable could. When I tried the Vettel challenges they were completely out of my league, especially on controller. I barely managed a bronze time on the easiest of the 3 time trials, Monza. About 3 years later I was gifted a racing wheel and decided I should try my hand at it again but still hit a wall with the Vettel challenges. Although I did manage to get the trophy for bronzing all 3 of the Vettel time trials. A racing wheel isn’t just some cure all that will instantly make you better at racing games as soon as you start using it. You still have to put lots of practice in to get good with it. Finally about a year later I came back one last time to give it the old college try. After about 2 continuous weeks of grinding and on Christmas of all days I managed a miracle and finally got gold on Suzuka. I didn’t get the plat for another 6 months though because I still had an ungodly amount of grinding to do to reach level 40 on both A spec and B spec not to mention the truly mind numbing grind of getting a thousand cars in your garage.

• Like 1

It's on my old account but platinuming Killzone 2 was annoying/fun at the same time. It took me years to beat Radec on Elite Difficulty. Then finally on Christmas Day.... I did it. But don't get me started on Valor Grand Cross!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SlowQuorex said:

Mirror's Edge, I guess. The platinum's difficulty is fine, but the 100%'s difficulty is truly hard. Still a great game, one of the rare 'first person parkour' kind.

Also Dead Space 2 with its permadeath mode. Can't call it really hard to be honest, but it does put a good pressure on you. The difficulty there lies in fighting your nervousness as you progress further from your last made save. 😄 And the game itself is just great. 

Mirrors Edge... that's one I played a lot of on PC back in the day, the time trials for the levels were pretty brutal to keep up with, a good choice.

8 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode I - The Untouchable trophy was a great test of skill. Alas, I still enjoy the old school feel of Sonic games, so it was enjoyable regardless. 

Somehow, I've gone my entire young life without having ever played a Sonic game, I should really get around to it...

7 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

One word - Deadly Premonition! - a Japanese horror game inspired by Silent Hill and Twin Peaks

On my list to try, always been a big Silent Hill fan

7 hours ago, Djak276 said:

Definitely, Max Payne 3. I loved 1 and 2 at the time I played it on PS2. When I first began MP3 at his release, I didn't really like it, I found it too much different from the others and didn't play it a lot at this moment.

I came back on the game during 2021 because of the server shutdown, to earned mp trophies, then I did the solo part and enjoyed it really much more than 10 years before.

Also, for the difficult part, it was of course the hardcore New York Minute mode that ask you to finish the game without dying, with a one minute timer at the beginning, and you can increase the timer by killing enemies with headshots or explosions multikills. It asked me a few tries, it was the hardest part but with every tries, you can learn from your error and find the best spots for each gunfights.

I was never brave enough to go for this myself, most of my Playstation time was offline until recently, a shame I missed out trying the online, but good job!

7 hours ago, Phantom_Maveth said:

Metal Gear solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

By the end of that whole ordeal I really felt like a master at the game.

I pretty much knew everything there was to know about it and I loved every second of it.

I've always wanted to do a Metal Gear series completion, but MGS4 and MGS2 always scare me off....

Good job!

• Like 2

I only have 7 PS3 platinums, cult/horror/comedy stuff like Splatterhouse and Lollipop Chainsaw

The best but not mega difficult (guide says 6/10 difficulty) the plat is ultra-rare 3.03%, I have the 100% too which is 0.74%, is Red Dead Redemption.

it has enough notoriety for us all to know what a marvel the game is. In the big leagues widely renowned as one of the greatest games of all time. Rightly so!

Platinum was long yes but I don't remember anything being difficult, every moment was an utter joy to experience. It's a game you dont wanna rush trophies; its game you wanna look around in wonder, enjoy every detail, you wanna pay attention to the story and the world, happily do every side mission, speak to every NPC feed your curiosity, take note of an occasional sunset, tame wild stallions and be a general badass. That Undead Nightmare DLC was an incredibly fantastic expansion too! That ending Oof.

And if anyone out there for whatever reason somehow still has never played it, you really should give it a play. Even if it's not the kind of thing you normally like, it was nothing like my usual freaky taste, (that's why I waited so long to give it a chance) but I cannot deny that I loved it 🙂

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 2

I'd say it'd probably be Dynasty Warriors 7 though it's not necessarily difficult in the normal sense as much as it is time-consuming since it requires a lot of grinding in certain modes.

Technically Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate would also count as PS3 since its trophy list is cross-compatible across all the PS consoles it's for, but I played that solely on PS4 so I dunno how much that'd count.

• Like 1