25 Games Leaving Ps Plus Extra May 2024

2 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

So, you can tell me again that I don't know how libraries work.

Okay, I will.

Libraries sort out books or items of any kind all the time. Though in a normal library that's usually because stuff doesn't get checked out enough or is outdated so the room is made for stuff people might want more. The only reason licensing does not factor in is that libraries in most countries have special laws protecting their ability to collect anything without asking for a specific license (usually it gets covered by a government agency paying a fee to all publishers). A benefit Sony does not have.

Edited by shadaik
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, kindajustin said:

I think that argument can go both ways.

Yeah sure, 3 years is plenty of time to get to a game done if you really want to play it. On the other hand, I just started a game last month that I've been waiting to play since around May 2021 lol. I still have the GTA IV DLC to go back to, and it's been almost 18 months. Also how many people waited until specifically 2024 to finish Spyro 3?

None of these examples immediately apply to the current situation, but it's evidence that for many of us, it's more than reasonable for 3 years to go by without finding the right time for a game. Time flies when you get old haha.

I didn't want to say that in 3 years someone must find a way to play a certain game they wanted to play, just saying that if you haven't found the time to do it in 3 years and wanted to take your time, you could simply buy that specific game. I mean most of these FFs are often on sale, if you really want to play them you can buy them and play whenever you want after the 3 years expires. It happened to me a couple times in previous months. I'd also personally prefer day1 games over older games I can buy on sale for a couple €/$/¥.

Edited by ryuzakix5

A real travesty to consumers with removal of 25 great games - last few months feels like a war on great jRPGs - This is the first month I have no chance to complete everything I would want to.

Still I have a number of these already completed and offer my input for those maybe interested:

Abzû - Highly Recommend as it is great game on its own without being a easy 100% - Lacks a Platinum, but shouldn't deter from experiencing this

The Artful Escape - Fun game, medium recommend. Enjoyed the experience and message of the game. Easy to enjoy the experience entirely on one platform then blow through it on the other platform with two hour. A quick way to add 10/20 Gold trophies to your profile

Last Stop - An easy game that is ultimately another 'illusion of choice' game. Only one set of choices makes a difference on the end, but is not related to trophies making the story is weak overall. Two platinum if feel like doing it twice. The guide at https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14729-last-stop-trophy-guide worked flawlessly for me

I Am Dead - Good game that effectively gets its message across while not being too serious. Playing for both Platinum can be done in two days easy. Guide located https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/i-am-dead/guide/ will get you there easily if having issues with the riddles and puzzles.

Minit - A neat little game and concept of replaying a game for a minute and doing better each time. https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7298-minit-trophy-guide

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age - The new age with the 4X speed up is your friend. I did not find the game that difficult, but am well experienced in RPGs and I been through this game before - Personally found the guide on PSNProfile to be near perfect in order to make the game ridiculously easy. A large world to explore, but we do not have that kind of time now. Personally feel this is a mid tier Final Fantasy game

Final Fantasy XV - Trophy Hunting nightmare. If you need to be 100% perfect on your profile, stay away. Platinum-non 100% is easy for a jRPG. Normally this is the kind of game that should be criticized for glitches, bad combat system, and overall game play. However, the story and characters are just so good that makes the game enjoyable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

People still watch the Godfather for the first time today, where have they been in the last 54 years? That's how that argument always sounds.

Art is timeless, so new people and old people with new knowledge is always trying to find it. There are many consoles, so people come and go with different ones, not everyone had the chance to play them these years and that's fine.

You are also ignoring there was a huge increase on the price which, for people like me who doesn't live in a first-world country, it's a huge deal. Paying that much would at least secure that I have access to these old games but nah, let's remove them and put Construction Simulator. You are also ignoring the close relationship betweem SE and Sony, which could (and does) make this possible. 

Also, those games came out 20 years ago. Under your logic, isn't it ridiculous to put them in a service if everyone already have the chance to play them during these 20 years...? I think we should delist every PS3 game, since people already had the chance to play them.

My argument was that they've been there for 3 years, if you didn't have the time to play them in these 3 years(and you should know how a service based on a catalogue before joining in PSPlus works no?) and really really wanted to, just buy them, they're often on sale. If you didn't do that they're just not as important for you to play then. That should really not be  base for a complaint, also we're getting 3 day1 games to play instead of those FFs, and one of them is definetely a masterpiece, I just hate when people whine for nothing, sorry. It also happened to me that I couldn't find the time to play a game that was on the catalogue, I went on and played something else.

I'm sad too that the FFs part of the catalogue won't be on PSPlus anymore for others to enjoy, but life goes on and there are still plenty of games to play.

Edited by ryuzakix5
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, ryuzakix5 said:

My argument was that they've been there for 3 years, if you didn't have the time to play them in these 3 years(and you should know how a service based on a catalogue before joining in PSPlus works no?) and really really wanted to, just buy them, they're often on sale. If you didn't do that they're just not as important for you to play then. That should really not be  base for a complaint, also we're getting 3 day1 games to play instead of those FFs, and one of them is definetely a masterpiece, I just hate when people whine for nothing, sorry. It also happened to me that I couldn't find the time to play a game that was on the catalogue, I went on and played something else.

I'm sad too that the FFs part of the catalogue won't be on PSPlus anymore for others to enjoy, but life goes on and there are still plenty of games to play.

You chose to ignore my whole point and repeat the same "argument" that I've read for the last five years. Well, I guess if Sony raises the subscription to 200$ per month you wouldn't mind since you can pay anything, and everyone has the same time to play than you, interests..

There are other realities out there. I hope not to see you complaining about delistings, server closures, etc.

Edited by Jeanolt

56 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

You chose to ignore my whole point and repeat the same ignorant "argument" that I've read for the last five years. Well, I guess if Sony raises the subscription to 200$ per month you wouldn't mind since you can pay anything, and everyone has the same time to play than you.

Get outside of your bubble, there are other realities out there.

I guess what they were trying to say is, that even if the games were still in the service for the next 10 years, one still might not have actually played them by then. They haven't played them since they were added to the service even though they seem interested in them, but they decided to play other games instead.
That could also happen for the next few years, so being upset about them leaving now is a bit exaggerated, for lack of a better word. It's understandable if one planned to play them in the next few weeks, but I guess most people don't plan that far ahead in terms of games, so people are essentially upset about possible future plans in some way. There was never a guarantee that these games stay in the service forever unfortunately, so them leaving was just a question of time. But there was also never a guarantee these same people who are upset would play them eventually.

If there's a game in the service you always wanted to play, then I guess you would play it as soon as possible. But if you don't do that (because some other game might be more interesting at the time for example), then you willingly accept the risk of that one game leaving. And if that one game was never in the service to begin with, people would not complain either. But now people notice these games are in the service, they are leaving next month, and they want to "save" money by playing them while they are/were in the service and now regret not doing so sooner.

I guess I'm just rambling now. I can understand your point, I also hate these time-gated restrictions, and money is always an important factor. But I can also understand ryuzaki's argument to a certain degree. And there's still a possibility these games get re-added later on, especially the Final Fantasy games. :)

edit: Forgot to mention, if people recently payed for the service (for the first time maybe), I guess they didn't primarily do that for these few Final Fantasy games, or these others that are leaving. Otherwise, they would've been better off buying them in a sale.

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi
  • Like 1

It's indeed sad to see numerous quality games on the chopping block, but it seems that I lucked out this time—I've already played most everything I care about on this list, long ago. Specifically:

ABZÛ

I Am Dead

Jotun: Valhalla Edition

Minit

Sundered

The Messenger

ADR1FT is the only one I had on the back burner, but I'll just have to miss out on it, since I'm not in the mood to start another game at the moment. With the sole exception of Jotun, I'd certainly recommend trying any of the above titles while you still can, particularly The Messenger and Minit, which are probably my favorites of the bunch.

On 4/17/2024 at 12:08 PM, ryuzakix5 said:

BTW I don't get why people complain about Final Fantasy games leaving, they've been on the catalogue for 3 years (they were also on PSNow for a year)... if I wanted to play a game and didn't find the time to do it for 3 years, maybe I didn't really wanted to play those games.

It can take a long time for some people to get around to certain games. For example, I have a stack of games that are still sealed, some of which I bought over 6 years ago that I still haven't bothered to start for one reason or another. Doesn't mean I still don't want to play them eventually. The difference there however, is that I own those games, so I can be as leisurely about it as I like.

I don't own the games on PS Plus Extra, so if there's a game I'm interested in, I make it a priority to get around to it as quickly as possible. That isn't an approach I take too often because I prefer to play games when I want to, I don't want to be forced into the mindset of 'I must play this game immediately in case it leaves!', though I understand that's how subscription services work. They tend to change our consumption habits. That's why whenever I can, I prefer to pick up the games I'm interested in when they're on sale, at least the games I know I won't get around to in time before they might leave the service. So yeah, I agree with you. Most games on PS Plus Extra stay for a minimum of 6 months, though many games stay for well over a year. That honestly isn't bad. 3 years is even more generous. People just need to realise that these services aren't going to wait for them, this is what we're buying in to and you either accept that or don't.

The one thing I would like to see however, is every single game that comes to the service should have a clearly visible date for when that game is leaving the service, either on the game's page when you go to download it, or on the game icon itself on the home screen and in your library. It's not as though Sony doesn't know when each game is leaving so I see no reason why we shouldn't either.

• Like 3

Don't wanna spoil the party

but this is exactly why I don't upgrade my subscription from essential.

I don't want to rush through my backlog in fear of losing the games that I don't even own

Edited by Dantes_994
  • Like 2

On 4/17/2024 at 4:08 AM, ryuzakix5 said:

I think NA and JAP Extra has I and II for sure, but not us EU guys 😁

BTW I don't get why people complain about Final Fantasy games leaving, they've been on the catalogue for 3 years(they were also on PSNow for a year)... if I wanted to play a game and didn't find the time to do it for 3 years, maybe I didn't really wanted to play those games.

We're also getting 3 Day1 releases and 1 of them is an absolute masterpiece.

Only JP has all the Trails of Cold Steel games (or at least they used to have them all not sure if any dropped), US never had any.

The problem with Trails of Cold Steel is they're not self published by Falcom outside JP, further complicates that 1&2 are by Marvelous and 3&4 are NISA, meaning it's trickier to get a deal for all the games. I don't remember ever seeing anything from Marvelous on PS+/Now. Plenty of stuff from NISA so 3&4 might get added at some point, but considering the PS5 versions came out recently, it may be a ways off before they're added, if they're added.

BTW I don't get why people complain about Final Fantasy games leaving, they've been on the catalogue for 3 years(they were also on PSNow for a year)... if I wanted to play a game and didn't find the time to do it for 3 years, maybe I didn't really wanted to play those games.

Only JP has all the Trails of Cold Steel games (or at least they used to have them all not sure if any dropped), US never had any.

The problem with Trails of Cold Steel is they're not self published by Falcom outside JP, further complicates that 1&2 are by Marvelous and 3&4 are NISA, meaning it's trickier to get a deal for all the games. I don't remember ever seeing anything from Marvelous on PS+/Now. Plenty of stuff from NISA so 3&4 might get added at some point, but considering the PS5 versions came out recently, it may be a ways off before they're added, if they're added.

Okay so the Final Fantasy games leave next month and I am not going to be able to play them before they do. They are currently on sale during the May sale and I want to buy them on sale to play later, but on the app it doesn't give me an option to buy, just to download to console since they are still part of PS+. How do I get around that to buy these games?

Guess I should decide if I want to do The Messenger or not.

The rest are a mix of things I've already completed, things I already own copies of from before PSN+ and stuff I'm not interested in.

On 4/17/2024 at 9:43 PM, shadaik said:

Libraries sort out books or items of any kind all the time. Though in a normal library that's usually because stuff doesn't get checked out enough or is outdated so the room is made for stuff people might want more. The only reason licensing does not factor in is that libraries in most countries have special laws protecting their ability to collect anything without asking for a specific license (usually it gets covered by a government agency paying a fee to all publishers). A benefit Sony does not have.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. But it wasn't necessary, as the end result is still the same. That's all that matters.

The games are leaving. Its sucks. That's all there is to it. One only has to look at all of the disappointed people's comments to see that.

Most gamers will miss out on stuff they want to play as it is. Then factor in titles that are leaving Plus for good. Blah

32 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation. But it wasn't necessary, as the end result is still the same. That's all that matters.

The games are leaving. Its sucks. That's all there is to it. One only has to look at all of the disappointed people's comments to see that.

Most gamers will miss out on stuff they want to play as it is. Then factor in titles that are leaving Plus for good. Blah

Learn how the real world works.

On 4/16/2024 at 8:35 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

So many good games leaving all at once, it is gut-wrenching. All games are set to leave May 21, 2024. I doubt the games replacing them will come even close. I mean all the Annapurna games and all the FF games?

Abzu (PS4)

Adr1ft (PS4)

How to Survive 2 (PS4)

The Artful Escape (PS5, PS4)

Ashen (PS4)

Last Stop (PS5, PS4)

I Am Dead (PS4, PS4)

Absolver: Downfall (PS4)

My Friend Pedro (PS4)

The Messenger (PS4)

Jotun (PS4)

Sundered (PS4)

World of Final Fantasy (PS4)

This Is the Police (PS4)

This Is the Police 2 (PS4)

ELEX (PS4)

Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 (PS4)

Minit (PS4)

Observation (PS4)

Final Fantasy IX (PS4)

Final Fantasy VII (PS4)

Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (PS4)

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)

Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition (PS4)

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PS4)

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/04/huge-ps-plus-clearout-confirmed-for-may-25-games-leaving

According to PS Store these 5 games also leaving PS Plus Extra, Deluxe and Premium May 21st, 2024:

• Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition | PS4

• Darksiders: Warmastered Edition | PS4

• Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition | PS4

• Darksiders III | PS4

• Darksiders Genesis | PS4

Edited by Asim_25

On 5/1/2024 at 7:08 PM, Asim_25 said:

According to PS Store these 5 games also leaving PS Plus Extra, Deluxe and Premium May 21st, 2024:

• Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition | PS4

• Darksiders III | PS4

4 more games leaving PS Plus Extra, Deluxe and Premium on May 21st, 2024:

• Wreckfest | PS5, PS4

• ELEX II | PS5, PS4

• Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | PS4

• MX vs ATV Legends | PS5, PS4

Judgment Day of THQ Nordic games

Edited by Asim_25

Full list (so far) of 34 games that will leave PS Plus Extra, Deluxe and Premium catalog on May 21st, 2024

• Absolver: Downfall | PS4

• ABZÛ | PS4

• ADR1FT | PS4

• Ashen | PS4

• Darksiders III | PS4

• ELEX | PS4

• ELEX II | PS5, PS4

• Final Fantasy VII (original) | PS4

• Final Fantasy VIII Remastered | PS4