25 Games Leaving Ps Plus Extra May 2024

Going to try to play some of the more shorter games before they leave. Definitely a lot I have wanted to try in this list but not got around to them yet. 

I kept meaning to play more of the Final Fantasy games but just couldn't find the time for them unforunately.

Oh my god... they remove all of those classics only to leave us with the GOTYs Type-0 and Stranger of Paradise (aka guy in a t-shirt looking for chaos)... great job!

I hope the next one they give GOW Ragnarok and fucking Breath of the Wild, if not we're losing a lot. I don't understand how they're able to keep PS3 games from 2009 in streaming, inside the tier with the lesser amount of users, but aren't able to keep these games from probably their closest ally in the industry.

Forgettable month.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Finally my motivation to complete the story of FF X. 

Great games are leaving tho.

Can recommend:

- Abzu

- My Friend Pedro

- The Messenger

- The Artful Escape

- Observation

Thinking about playing 1 playthrough in Ashen getting the platinum in Minit.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

4 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I still don't get why they're removing them all. I thought building a library of games meant only to add, not remove them. Dumb.

Then you have no idea how libraries work.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, shadaik said:

Then you have no idea how libraries work.

The fact is that it sucks bigtime they are removing all of these titles so soon/at all. It doesn't matter what you think or anyone else thinks. They are leaving PS+ Extra. That's all we need to know. It's a fact. There's no deep and mysterious underlying explanation to it. And I'm sure I'm not the only one here that gets pissed off by games leaving the service. Once a game leaves the service, it won't be returning. Sony can do whatever they like pretty much. And I personally don't agree with some of their rules and stuff. But tuff bickies I guess. A library of any kind is for adding stuff to, not removing IMHO. I know how libraries work, just not Sony's libraries. Or rather, I don't see the point of adding then removing games. I know licensing and all of that crap comes into play here. But it still sucks. So, you can tell me again that I don't know how libraries work. But that wasn't my point. I just hate it when it happens. Streaming services do something similar. Shows are constantly removed and added. Netflix will remove shows and movies periodically, but many of them return. I have seen it many times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Once a game leaves the service, it won't be returning.

It's rare but occasionally a game returns, e.g. The Crew 2 returned this month after it was previously removed.

Either way, that's just how licensing with budget cap works. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

I know @Optinooby has a very quick guide for FF8 compared to others I’ve seen. Might try to do that one myself before it leaves. 

Also recommend last stop, artful escape and I am dead. They’re all fairly short easy platinums and the games are all top notch. 

The messenger is the stand out for me though, what an amazing game that was.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Trails of Cold Steel series would be nice.

I think NA and JAP Extra has I and II for sure, but not us EU guys 😁

BTW I don't get why people complain about Final Fantasy games leaving, they've been on the catalogue for 3 years(they were also on PSNow for a year)... if I wanted to play a game and didn't find the time to do it for 3 years, maybe I didn't really wanted to play those games.

We're also getting 3 Day1 releases and 1 of them is an absolute masterpiece.

Edited by ryuzakix5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ryuzakix5 said:

I think US and JAP Extra has I and II for sure, but not us EU guys 😁

BTW I don't get why people complain about Final Fantasy games leaving, they've been on the catalogue for 3 years(they were also on PSNow for a year)... if I wanted to play a game and didn't find the time to do it for 3 years, maybe I didn't really wanted to play those games.

It's always like that. People complaining / are mad when games are leaving or if there is a shutdown. For me personally it's always a motivation to complete or begin a game. It's of course hard when a lot of interesting titles are leaving and you had no time to complete them.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

20 minutes ago, ryuzakix5 said:

I think that argument can go both ways.

Yeah sure, 3 years is plenty of time to get to a game done if you really want to play it. On the other hand, I just started a game last month that I've been waiting to play since around May 2021 lol. I still have the GTA IV DLC to go back to, and it's been almost 18 months. Also how many people waited until specifically 2024 to finish Spyro 3?

None of these examples immediately apply to the current situation, but it's evidence that for many of us, it's more than reasonable for 3 years to go by without finding the right time for a game. Time flies when you get old haha.

Edited by kindajustin
  • Like 3