Trophy Thoughts

Posted (edited)

I'm playing on patch 1.00 and there seems to be an issue with Marco's Recollection Memorystick in the Wasteland, it does not appear for me, and the guy that's supposed to have it is also different from all the videos and screenshots I am seeing - they are dressed different; for me there's a full suit and helmet, but I am seeing no helmet in all these videos and screenshots, I think all these people are playing on 1.02 which is very annoying as I am missing one, I'm 34/35, position #23 in the Memorystick Data Bank under Wasteland.  Any help with this would be appreciated.

spacer.png

Edit:

I just checked some old recording footage, and found the guy that was supposed to have the entry I wanted, and he had Tommy's Recollection instead which was given to me, so I don't know where Marco's Recollection is in version 1.00.

Edit 2: (Spoiler)

Spoiler

I reckon I know why they patched the dead guy and their name along with the name of the Data Bank entry they held, and that's because a: 'Tommy' is already killed elsewhere in the Wasteland, by the Brute Naytiba down the deep hole, and Tommy's body is down there, so they probably had to patch things and change names, entries and bodies due to this blunder, but all the Guides seem to show the Data Bank entry locations post-patch, so no idea where the last entry is that I need on version: 1.00.

Edit 3:

I FOUND THE MISSING ONE BY CHANCE, PATCH VERSION: 1.00

Data Bank entry Wasteland: 35/35, position #23: Sentinel 90's Resignation: "Many years have passed since the Colony Extinction, Although the Angels are descending from the sky... Earth is still filled with Naytiba's.

Why aren't there more Angels?"

Its location is in between the centre of two places, Central Scrap Plains (East) and a Telephone that's a straight line (West) - The Sentinel's corpse is in the center of the two areas, by a tall crane and cubes of crushed metal scrap, he is lying face down flat on the ground.

Edited by J-S_93

19 hours ago, Realtione said:

I don't want to bicker much about it but seriously I sincerely wish people talked about nearly 1k collectibles over some suits and the character's cleavege, ass or whatever (even on this post which is dedicated for TROPHY THOUGHTS). 

200 hours for FF7, 70 for Ronin, 50 for this 60 for that. I mean... I don't even dislike find all, max all lists but honestly what is this? Collectibles always kill my eagerness and kill the flow & pace unless it's your generic over shoulder slow paced cinematic games. It's not even a hard list and I don't get why developers make these such a slog. I just can't tolerate anymore. Will it come to you if you give in enough time? Absolutely. Will you want to? That is the question. I am really having hard times to find enough energy to game nowadays (even if I have enough time) therefore I find this decisions unintuitive. For an action packed game like this... It should have been more focused. A trophy dedicated for finding 299 boxes. Omfg! I don't get how different endings progress either. Get most of the collectibles and then completely avoid them. Holy shit, ingenious. Ironically Lies of P had a similar system but it was unironically ingenious and it did click. 

I beg to the lords (looking at you Opti) somebody find a way to plat this in one go. I have a neverending backlog and I know I won't come back to this if I don't go ng and ng+ back to back. 

Finally someone said this. I'm enjoying the game but jesus this feels more like a collectathon instead of a character action game. Idk who  in the dev team decided that this sort of game requires this many number of collectibles. All thw side quests so far feel like mere fetch quests. If not for the combat feeling fun, this would be a complete slog.

11 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

but jesus this feels more like a collectathon instead of a character action game

Well, it's because this is not a character action game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, malistix said:

Terrible I hate collection trophies. I prefer games where I can get the plat with no- or minimum guides/help so I am not aiming for the plat here I will just explore and see what pops up.

Same here. I will get the plat, but trophies that basically require a guide for collectables always suck. Especially when there are hundreds of them.

Just give me the option to put the collectables on the map.

Edited by NathanW18

24 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Finally someone said this. I'm enjoying the game but jesus this feels more like a collectathon instead of a character action game. Idk who  in the dev team decided that this sort of game requires this many number of collectibles. All thw side quests so far feel like mere fetch quests. If not for the combat feeling fun, this would be a complete slog.

Collectathon is a great choice of word for this game. Cuz it really becomes one if you want it to be. That however, is mostly spread across 2 open regions of the game. In all honestly, you can even skip them in entirety and come back. That's a strong choice for a game design but I appreciated linear areas more and collecting stuff there didn't feel like a marathon. The gameplay still makes up for it and it's not going as bad as I think (yes, I use a guide and well, it's still a checklist). I am just upset over 'endings trophies' as it needs a careful examination if you want to get it all done at once. I'll probably miss it somehow as others per claimed story missions also counts toward the meter which they really shouldn't have been.

11 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

Well, it's because this is not a character action game.

Arbitrary stuff but if I scaled I'd put it closer to the character action game than anything else (or just Soulslike for that matter). Not your usual hack'n'slash but it still heavily prioritizes character-based spectacles and evolve over time to be complex enough to run long intertwined combos. Can't comment on the skill ceiling though. I am still relatively new to the game.

To be honest I don't get the idea of doing 3 endings in one go in this game. I am cleaning up the second open area and the game seems quite short if you just rush NG+ without exploring every nook and cranny again. You can also skip cutscenes on NG+.

Lily's meter also caps at 100% if you explore thoroughly even before the second open area. Dunno, it sounds ass backwards.

11 minutes ago, Realtione said:

Arbitrary stuff but if I scaled I'd put it closer to the character action game than anything else (or just Soulslike for that matter).

It's much more of a Sekiro/ Lies of P with more evolved combat for the linear parts, imo. With Nier sprinkled in for the open areas and side quests.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

To be honest I don't get the idea of doing 3 endings in one go in this game. I am cleaning up the second open area and the game seems quite short if you just rush NG+ without exploring every nook and cranny again. You can also skip cutscenes on NG+.

Its mainly for those who don't care about DLC trophies or those who also want to 100% NG+ (extra equipment, costumes etc). If that's their intention, then doing all endings in 1 playthrough saves a potential 10+ hours.

Though from your perspective off speedrunning NG+ purely for the DLC trophies I assume...?? Then I most definitely agree with you that doing all 3 in 1 is a waste of time from that approach ;).

It all depends on how everybody wants to play, options are always good and doing everything in 1 playthrough can save time depending on playstyle! I hope that makes it a bit clearer mate as I know sometimes my posts are misinterpreted.

Edited by Optinooby

5 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Though from your perspective off speedrunning NG+ purely for the DLC trophies I assume...?? Then I most definitely agree with you that doing all 3 in 1 is a waste of time from that approach ;).

I will personally do the 100% ending on NG. The other two seem to be achievable without save scum on NG+ as long as you don't get Lily's meter to full.

As for the equipment, most of it in the boxes and those do not progress the bar either.

I get that it is an interesting puzzle for you to untangle, I don't mean to offend. I personally use some parts of your guides here and there. But some people seem to have the wrong impression that this is a some kind of complex platinum that requires a guide and some serious handholding to get. While you'll achieve the most of it just by running around spamming scan button.

47 minutes ago, NathanW18 said:

Same here. I will get the plat, but trophies that basically require a guide for collectables always suck. Especially when there are hundreds of them.

Just give me the option to put the collectables on the map.

Like, there are 299 boxes and only 200 needed for a trophy. Same thing with records. HP and Energy upgrades seem go stack with NG+. So does the suits. There are also more than 30 on NG alone. The only thing you need all of are cans, but they are all named and can look up the ones you are missing near the end of the game. Also camps, but I am sure you can't miss them in linear areas. For others there are probably a complete maps. What guides are you people talking about?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

I will personally do the 100% ending on NG. The other two seem to be achievable without save scum on NG+ as long as you don't get Lily's meter to full.

As for the equipment, most of it in the boxes and those do not progress the bar either.

I get that it is an interesting puzzle for you to untangle, I don't mean to offend. I personally use some parts of your guides here and there. But some people seem to have the wrong impression that this is a some kind of complex platinum that requires a guide and some serious handholding to get. While you'll achieve the most of it just by running around spamming scan button.

Like, there are 299 boxes and only 200 needed for a trophy. Same thing with records. HP and Energy upgrades seem go stack with NG+. So does the suits. There are also more than 30 on NG alone. The only thing you need all of are cans, but they are all named and can look up the ones you are missing near the end of the game. Also camps, but I am sure you can't miss them in linear areas. For others there are probably a complete maps. What guides are you people talking about?

I'm only about 5 hours into the game. I haven't properly looked at any guides to really know how difficult it is to find what is needed for the plat. If a guide isn't required for most of the collectables, that's fantastic.

My post is more of a general statement. If a game is asking me to find hundreds of collectables, and they're not visible on the map, I hate that. I figured that's what this game is asking for, since there are multiple posts complaining about the amount of collectables in it.

Edited by NathanW18

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Akrioz said:

Lily's meter also caps at 100% if you explore thoroughly even before the second open area. Dunno, it sounds ass backwards.

It's much more of a Sekiro/ Lies of P with more evolved combat for the linear parts, imo. With Nier sprinkled in for the open areas and side quests.

Well, I just don't know yet. I pretty much cleared up Eidos 7, Ixion and Wasteland (except for the ones that unlocks in the endgame) so I believe I'll lock myself out of 3 in 1 sooner than later. Without knowing to specifics it's hard to deduce.

And for sure if you showed me any random combat clip from the game I'd tell you it looks like Sekiro/Lies of P. Darksiders III looked more HnS than this even it's still largely considered as a soullike. It's not hard to miss to see where the devs opt in for a soulslike formula. I doubt you can pull off uninterrupted combos like you do in Bayonetta/DMC but I feel as if I meant to go for long combos when I start to utilize my skills. Felt the same way in Darksiders III too. I think Stellar Blade is a much better hybrid in that regard. 

Btw, by no means it's a complex plat. It's easy and still not overly long. However, even a NG+ speedrun (while skipping all the cutscenes) can cost you around 8-12 hours. Is it too much? Not at all but it means a plat for Tales of Kenzera for an instance. 

People (and me) use your generic PowerPyx guides for games like these cuz spamming scan and running around is not cost-effective lol. It may sound off but yeah, I prioritize using guides for pretty much any open world/open area game nowadays unlike it's something like Ronin. And it also lets me know when to backtrack so I can map my playthrough better.

8 minutes ago, NathanW18 said:

I figured that's what this game is asking for, since there are multiple posts complaining about the amount of collectables in it.

It's solely because the game has overall 1003 collectibles and I still find it way too much. They crammed everything in here and there. But yeah except for a few, they might come naturally. If not, there are more than enough (both for 100% ending and for the dedicated trophies). It doesn't feel like a work like you'd think, you just need to get into the game. While it's not as obnoxious it could have been a bit better. But with a guide (because it'll let you traverse better as in finding collectibles located close to each other) you'll do MUCH better. 

Edited by Realtione

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Realtione said:

However, even a NG+ speedrun (while skipping all the cutscenes) can cost you around 8-12 hours.

A whole ass 100% NG+ without skipping curscenes clocks at 16 hours

It should took you 5 hours at most. Considering at which point you do your backup save the difference is negligible tbh.

21 minutes ago, Realtione said:

People (and me) use your generic PowerPyx guides for games like these cuz spamming scan and running around is not cost-effective lol.

It kinda is, considering the density of collectibles and the range of a scan. You'll spend more(or similar) time looking back and forth from a guide to game. Not to mention that you break the flow of a game for no reason. I will also be glued to a collectible guide in a game like TLoU, don't get me wrong. But this is not that type of a game. People (and me) mostly use the guide because the collectibles are missable or a pain to track.

Gladly, devs know that collecting every single thing would be a pain in the ass and don't ask for it.

Edited by Akrioz

11 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

Do you have to 100% the collectibles aside from cans?  Seems like each category requires a lot but not all, unless I'm misinterpreting.

No need. I just got to the great desert and already have the collectibles trophy (I need cans and boxes now).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, J-S_93 said:

I'm playing on patch 1.00 and there seems to be an issue with Marco's Recollection Memorystick in the Wasteland, it does not appear for me, and the guy that's supposed to have it is also different from all the videos and screenshots I am seeing - they are dressed different; for me there's a full suit and helmet, but I am seeing no helmet in all these videos and screenshots, I think all these people are playing on 1.02 which is very annoying as I am missing one, I'm 34/35, position #23 in the Memorystick Data Bank under Wasteland.  Any help with this would be appreciated.

spacer.png

I'm noticing this inconsistency too but with two posters and a 72 years document.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Forever it may affect ;)

If you 100% Eidos 7, Altee Levoire, Matrix 11 and Abyss Levoire on your Story Missions through those areas only, but AVOID everything else, then you will reach the point of no return at 66.7% affection with Lily!

Personally think this is great for those wanting to Platinum in 1 playthrough or 2 playthroughs. One playthrough because you can save backup here and two playthroughs because when you now go for the 100% cleanup, pretty much all Side Quests are available to you, all abilities etc so means minimal backtracking. Maybe best starting with the fishing side quest so when you backtrack to the other regions, you can fish at the same time ;)

EDIT:

For further reference, thought I may as well put this here. You will be at 0.0% once reaching Xion after 100% Eidos 7 1st play through there by the way.

-- Altess Levoire --

Document - Messages #4 - You Are Fake - 1.0%

Document - Messages #5 - Humanity Liberation Front - 0.9%.

Document - Promotions #14 - Eidos Company Promotion - 0.9%.

Mission - Altess Levoire - 19.1%.

– Matrix 11 –

Memory Stick - Great Desert #32 - The Last Theorem of an Unknown - 1.0%.

Document - Prayers #1 - Chapter of Trial 1-B - 0.9%.

Document - Messages #8 - J’s Memo - 1.0%.

Memory Stick - Matrix 11 #18 - Susan’s Warning - 0.9%.

– Great Desert –

Mission - Hidden Truth - 19.1%.

– Abyss Levoire –

Document - Journal #11 - Kill Mother Sphere - 0.9%.

Document - Log Data #8 - Attack Detected - 1.0%.

Document - Log Data #9 - Mass Production - 0.9%.

Mission - Abyss Leviore - 19.1%

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rodrister said:

one question about affection with lily, when I pick up a collectible related to her, the icon shows up but not the bar, that's because it's 100% already?

That's right. It is 100%.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Something is bugging me and that is I found all Body and Beta Cores in EIDOS 7 and WASTELAND, 5 and 3, 5 and 3, right; but minus a quest related to the Roxanne's Body Core one as that is further in the game than where I am at currently, but how is it that on the HP Trophy I am 2/6 and on the Beta Trophy I am 3/6, with two Body Cores in my inventory - meaning I still need x1 Body Core to get to 3/6 and so that those two Cores in my inventory get used up. So something is off with the maths; I just don't understand why my Beta and Body aren't at equal numbers and amounts when so far all areas have both 5 and 3, 5 and 3 - which make 8, but 9 is needed to do three upgrades... So logically I would have 2 Beta Cores in my inventory too and have somehow gotten 9 Beta Cores then in order to have upgraded it three times - so, does the game somehow award an extra Beta Core somewhere at some point unrelated to exploration that I just don't recall? Am I missing a Body Core; I don't think I am, but I definitely have a surplus of 1 Beta Core that I don't know what from... I'm going for a 100% run, so really do not want to miss anything.

ANSWERED:

A LOT OF GUIDES ARE WRONG!

THERE ARE X4 BETA CORES IN THE WASTELAND; NOT JUST THREE!

I STUMBLED UPON IT DURING MY OWN EXPLORATION.

THERE ARE X3 BODY CORES THOUGH --

-- THE

Spoiler

ROXANNE

SIDE QUEST FROM

Spoiler

XION

MAKES UP FOR THAT DISPARITY IN COUNT, BY AWARDING A BODY CORE, BUT ACCESS TO IT COMES LATER ON IN GAME.

I see why I had been confused - as most of the Guides on the Internet were wrong and only showing that the Wasteland has x3 Beta Cores, and with the different Guides that showed 3, each were differing by one Core from the next, which is where my confusion was stemming from, as I had found x4, so regarding a surplus of one Beta Core, the Wasteland has at least x4 Beta Cores all along, say video A is missing the one by the red panels which you parkour jump, there is a hidden crack in the rocks by the original red panel, leading to more red panels needing double jump, at the end is a cave with another Beta Core, now again, my confusion happened yet again with other Guides and videos, where a video B that still showed 3, but they showed the one that video A is missing, but then missed another one that's under all the metal scrap by the bus stop; which video A had, so no matter what I checked, my maths kept being wrong and I kept getting confused due to all Guides saying quantity 3 with a differing location... (some even saying 2...), when there was at least a quantity of 4 all along - so video A being wrong and off by one, then video B being wrong and off by one... Hence the confusion as they would all show the wrong quantity with at least one differing Core... Now, the

Spoiler

Roxanne

Side Quest in

Spoiler

Xion

makes up for the disparity in Body Cores by awarding an extra, so with your x3 Body Cores from the Wasteland, you then had x4 after

Spoiler

her

Quest, thus making the Beta and Body equal at 4 apiece by the time you're done.  To Confirm: Wasteland: x4 Beta Cores, and x3 Body Cores with an additional Body Core from

Spoiler

Xion's Roxanne.

All totalling up to x9 each at that point, from the start up until that point, which would equate to x3 upgrades for each Core type.

Location of all four:

<x1 By: Bus Stop Legion Camp, hidden amongst metal junk scrap>

<x1 By:

Spoiler

Brute

area Telephone, side roof outcrop of broken building>

<x1 By: Red Panels needing double jump access to parkour passed where a pathway leads to a cave containing Beta Core body>

<x1 By: Canyon wall w/ ledges and parkour pole swinging, up cliff, close to box with a can in it>

EDIT:
UNRELATED, BUT avoiding a double post.  Just wanting to confirm whether Drone Upgrade Modules have any Trophy relation; I don't think there's any Trophy linked to them or the collection of, but I wonder if Drone Upgrade progress is tied with Lilly's Affinity at all? I guess it sort of is related to Records Collector'ish, by proxy'ish.

Would be good to know this for sure though - as currently working on an early game checklist to keep track of things just prior to Matrix-11 visit, but will also share it at some point to help newer players out a tiny bit in the early game.

Edited by J-S_93

Hey guys I have a question, I heard some trophies glitch out in NG+ but can I get the NG skills trophy on NG+? 

Don't feel like farming for SP, rather get them while playing normally through NG+

2 hours ago, diogoarez said:

Hey guys I have a question, I heard some trophies glitch out in NG+ but can I get the NG skills trophy on NG+? 

Don't feel like farming for SP, rather get them while playing normally through NG+

Yes, you can. Also you can use SP reset to skill tree and filled into NG skill. All NG skill require 72 SP to filled out.

Glitched trophy is "Naytibas Researcher". If you don't defeat "Behemoth" or "Cocoon" in your first playthrough. It will glitched in NG+ :(

• Like 1