Trophy Thoughts

16 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

You need 3 endings anyway. Depending on what the requirements are it's miles better to play NG+ than 3 separate NG.

Judging from the 100% ETA time, I would imagine there's a easy way to get all the endings, whether that's chapter select or cloud saving

Now I'm all for ng+ as an option, it's just having a trophy for it is incredibly lame. It'd be like adding a trophy for "Defeat this boss" then there's another trophy for "Defeat this boss again" it's such a time waste

Edited by Pelziowo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pelziowo said:

Judging from the plat ETA time, I would imagine there's a easy way to get all the endings, whether that's chapter select or cloud saving

Now I'm all for ng+ as an option, it's just having a trophy for it is incredibly lame. It'd be like adding a trophy for "Defeat this boss" then there's another trophy for "Defeat this boss again" it's such a time waste

I mean I get both sides of it, but you can still plat without ng+  and by the looks it has 12 specific skills tied to it. I mean seems decent to me, especially if you like the combat for the game, after all collectibles you can probably speed through it. Now the lords of the fallen update Is toxic as if you don't feel comfortable or have 'dignity' to not save scum good luck getting all 8 of those modifier trophies in 1 run.

For me the problem here is that NG+, a basic feature that any game used to have, is being sold as a day 1 DLC...

...Nvm, it is a free DLC. It wasn't on the store when I posted.

Edited by Dragon_Simp
Infinite Wealth got me doubting some devs practices
  • Confused 11

7 minutes ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

The only difference is that it isn't compulsory for the platinum, which relieves the people above that don't care about it. There should be zero complaints here. 

Agreed.

Compared to the horror shows of The Callisto Protocol (a million modes and trophies added post-launch) and Infinite Wealth (NG+ paywalled at Day 1), this is definitely the best option.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Dragon_Simp said:

For me the problem here is that NG+, a basic feature that any game used to have, is being sold as a day 1 DLC...

"Because mtx are bad, but cutting basic things to sell them separately isn't, right?"

NG+ is a free update, was released today

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

The only difference is that it isn't compulsory for the platinum, which relieves the people above that don't care about it. There should be zero complaints here. 

There are people that care about the 100% and not the platinum (myself included), so it does not relieve the issues. I'm sure I will still enjoy playing through the game again, but it's still a unneeded time waste. If this game gets DLC in the future, I'll definitely return to it

Edited by Pelziowo
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pelziowo said:

There are people that care about the 100% and not the platinum (myself included), so it does not relieve the issues. I'm sure I will still enjoy playing through the game again, but it's still a unneeded time waste. If this game gets DLC in the future, I'll definitely return to it

I am too, but that's strictly a completionistic issue. DLC trophies are additional; they are, by nature, for the people that care about 100%. They're not necessary at all. But by wanting to fully complete the game, you're inherently choosing to accept what comes with it. That's the nature of the hobby, not an issue with the trophy list.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

I am too, but that's strictly a completionistic issue. DLC trophies are additional; they are, by nature, for the people that care about 100%. They're not necessary at all. But by wanting to fully complete the game, you're inherently choosing to accept what comes with it. That's the nature of the hobby, not an issue with the trophy list.

A platinum is also additional. You don't need to get it. If it was part of the platinum, I would critique it just the same. I don't understand the point you're making

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Pelziowo said:

A platinum is also additional. You don't need to get it. If it was part of the platinum, I would critique it just the same. I don't understand the point you're making

As a completionist, you look to complete everything in a game, correct? You don't understand why it's strange to criticize a game for encouraging that?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DarkJayk said:

i hope getting all 30 suits require hard mode playthrough or playthrough without using any suit. :D

Going by the wording of the descriptions there will probably be more than 30 in the game. There is a clear difference when it comes to collect or do ALL x or Y and the get X amout of this X or Y. Looking at the guide it seems I was correct. There are 39 suits in total and none related to difficulty.

Edited by Bunkerbudy