Trophy Thoughts

On 4/25/2024 at 6:46 AM, max_daniluk said:

Trophy Guide from PowerPyx has been published: https://www.powerpyx.com/stellar-blade-trophy-guide-roadmap/

2 playthroughs, missable collectibles, no free roam / mission select.

Can't you just back up your save at 99% collectibles, finish it and redownload, get the last collectible to get both endings? It seems like a no brainer.

Edited by PrimeTimePaladin
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 6:45 AM, Danyy___85 said:

Depends on the game, i for one would LOVE a NG+ for Cyberpunk for example. I usually leave the NG+ trophies for later for when i don't remember most of the game and will feel fresh again. It just depends on how you make of it really. But also, depends on the game. If the game is bad i don't want to play it again 🤣

This. NG+ is perfect for when you want to play a game again but don't necessarily want to grind for it, and it's usually best left until you've put enough distance between yourself and the game. However, because this is a trophy hunter's website a lot of people feel they need to get a NG+ trophy right away, and then by the end they resent it. I enjoyed Spider-Man 2 even more on NG+ many months after the base campaign had been released, and even completed most of the side stuff which wasn't required for the trophy. It's all about how you approach it.

I know there are some people who just don't like NG+ trophies, full stop, so it doesn't matter when they tackle it. But I can guarantee you'll dislike it a whole lot more if you brute-force your way through it right after having beaten the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrimeTimePaladin said:

Can't you just back up your save at 99% collectibles, finish it and redownload, get the last collectible to get both endings? It seems like a no brainer.

Technically yes assuming the endings are related to 100% and below 100%, it's up to use to figure the most optimal spot to save and do it all one ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

All of the ending stuf is already explained in the PowerPyx guide, it is indeed related to the 100% and I dont even see a reason why you would want to do it in 1 playtrough unless you realy don't care about the DLC trophies. But the fact that there is a NG+ trophy anyway makes it a given to do it in 2 runs and get the 100% as well.

I think they already stated that its hard to know when to stop getting points for the ending because you cant check it at all times and everything in the game gives points. If you would go for alle side Quests as wel, you would have to quit realy fast doing them to make sure to not hit the 100%, wich means you will have to replay alot anyway, so again I dont see the point for it in this game.

Edited by Bunkerbudy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

For example, all we need to do is avoid picking up 2 files near the end....

But I think its already been clear that it is not about just skipping just a couple of stuff. Maybe they are wrong but as far as they say right now, it looks like its harder to not get the 100% if you do side activities. If you want to do side quests and get the collectables then it would be hard to not hit the 100%, unless you find some specific item that voids it near the end for some reason. But I think its weird that you say its not been understood yet, while there are already guides explaining the system.

A response from somebody with the platinum :)

"While technically yes, it’s honestly just faster & way more of a convivence to do it in a second playthrough on NG+ since not only will you get the DLC trophies. You basically need to avoid collecting stuff & not do any side quests as a lot of them will make progress on that bar along with the main story. Without doing anything & just progressing the story, you’ll be around 50% of that bar if I’m remembering correctly. So overall it really isn’t recommended with the addition of NG+. You can take this path if you want, but you’ll probably just spend more time doing that than just doing NG+"

First off, people trying to make this a culture war centerpiece (on both sides) you're insufferable. Stop trying to make it stick and finding a new thing to outrage about this game each week. Second, played it a little last night before bed, felt pretty good. Fluid, not stiff. Seems most like a cross between Nier and Devil May Cry but without the dmc style difficulty stacks. The 2 points of no return is a bummer but it is what it is, just need to keep an eye out while going through. No map in the first area threw me for a second but again, not a big deal just is what it is. Really looking forward to getting off work and playing it a lot this weekend.

And since idk if I saw this mentioned anywhere, trophies do pop from the demo if you pull up the data

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

But I think its already been clear that it is not about just skipping just a couple of stuff. Maybe they are wrong but as far as they say right now, it looks like its harder to not get the 100% if you do side activities. If you want to do side quests and get the collectables then it would be hard to not hit the 100%, unless you find some specific item that voids it near the end for some reason. But I think its weird that you say its not been understood yet, while there are already guides explaining the system.

A response from somebody with the platinum :)

"While technically yes, it’s honestly just faster & way more of a convivence to do it in a second playthrough on NG+ since not only will you get the DLC trophies. You basically need to avoid collecting stuff & not do any side quests as a lot of them will make progress on that bar along with the main story. Without doing anything & just progressing the story, you’ll be around 50% of that bar if I’m remembering correctly. So overall it really isn’t recommended with the addition of NG+. You can take this path if you want, but you’ll probably just spend more time doing that than just doing NG+"

Avoiding 100% is easy while collecting everything, as you just need to avoid 1 action or collectible which affects it. But we can't do that until we know exactly what contributes towards it, but hopefully we can all figure that out.

I think its more that its not understood exactly what affects the meter, otherwise the guides would just state "Avoid collecting X or performing action X for this ending", whereas we have got the general/safe advice which is to "Avoid everything" pretty much when the difference of 100 and 99% is usually just one thing, not lots of things.

I'm just speculating though mate, so please take anything I say with a pinch of salt and this isn't me critisicing any guides. I like to think it's healthy speculation with what I've read and I hope that is all it's viewed as!!

I've only got to Xion in game so I don't have much experience ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Avoiding 100% is easy while collecting everything, as you just need to avoid 1 action or collectible which affects it. But we can't do that until we know exactly what contributes towards it, but hopefully we can all figure that out.

I think its more that its not understood exactly what affects the meter, otherwise the guides would just state "Avoid collecting X or performing action X for this ending", whereas we have got the general/safe advice which is to "Avoid everything" pretty much when the difference of 100 and 99% is usually just one thing, not lots of things.

I'm just speculating though mate, so please take anything I say with a pinch of salt and this isn't me critisicing any guides. I like to think it's healthy speculation with what I've read and I hope that is all it's viewed as!!

I've only got to Xion in game so I don't have much experience ;)

Having to carefully watch what you do and pick up to try and fit all 3 endings will make the game tedious and take 5X as long in many aspects, the side quests are amazing for XP they tend to give out a lot so if you’re not doing them the first time around then you’re going to spend hours farming kills for XP, also most things you do give progress towards that bar I’m pretty certain I’ve seen it go up with collectibles too.

It’s not worth the hassle and it’s best to just do a NG get everything and NG + speed run.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

Having to carefully watch what you do and pick up to try and fit all 3 endings will make the game tedious and take 5X as long in many aspects, the side quests are amazing for XP they tend to give out a lot so if you’re not doing them the first time around then you’re going to spend hours farming kills for XP, also most things you do give progress towards that bar I’m pretty certain I’ve seen it go up with collectibles too.

It’s not worth the hassle and it’s best to just do a NG get everything and NG + speed run.

Tedious for the one experimenting, but mega quick for everybody else once the info is out there!!!

For example, 'The Lost 72 Years' collectibles each give 2% each to her affinity by my current observations. I have 3 of these types so far.

Could be as simple as leaving one of these at the end, savescumming, doing ending at 98%, reloading, picking it up and doing ending at 100%!!

I'm just speculating as I say and don't wanna get into a discussion about how we should play the game etc etc, plenty of other threads for that for most games!! This is purely from an informational standpoint in figuring out the specifics, nothing more nothing less ;), so any information on that would be great.

Has anybody else seen an increase in her affinity when collecting 'The Lost 72 Years' series collectibles?

EDIT

Also, 'Notes on EVE Protocol' series collectibles affect it also.

Edited by Optinooby

Having got the game today and played up to the 3rd boss, I figured this Trophy list wouldn't be too bad, as the game was easy up until the 3rd boss, but now I've had to take a break.  3rd boss is pretty difficult for me, and have not been able to beat it yet.  Have enjoyed what I've played so far, but what I'll say is, healing is annoying, and so is having to wait to stand up before you you can heal; the whole thing is very finicky and they need to patch it to make it more fluid and work better.

On 4/25/2024 at 6:24 AM, Pelziowo said:

I don't think there's anything more boring than a ng+ trophy. Being asked to play through the game again with no actual changes is extremely tedious, and just a bad trophy idea. 

If we cleared the game once, why do we have to prove we can clear it a second time?

Why is this such a popular post? Your realise in time you may want to revisit a game. Many years later, even 10 years later. And you can enjoy the ride once again with the satisfaction of more trophys waiting for you. Why complete everything within a month or 2 for the sake of it. That sounds like a stressful, unenjoyable slog to me. 

Games take years to make, they can offer years of entertainment if you ration them. Thats just me though I suppose.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

This. NG+ is perfect for when you want to play a game again but don't necessarily want to grind for it, and it's usually best left until you've put enough distance between yourself and the game. However, because this is a trophy hunter's website a lot of people feel they need to get a NG+ trophy right away, and then by the end they resent it. I enjoyed Spider-Man 2 even more on NG+ many months after the base campaign had been released, and even completed most of the side stuff which wasn't required for the trophy. It's all about how you approach it.

I know there are some people who just don't like NG+ trophies, full stop, so it doesn't matter when they tackle it. But I can guarantee you'll dislike it a whole lot more if you brute-force your way through it right after having beaten the game.

Of course, it's just different strokes. But I do find it odd that some people here seem to have a problem when others bemoan stuff like ng+ trophies- this is the trophy tracking website... If there is anywhere you can and should express your displeasure (or pleasure) about trophies, this is the place. 

Personally, I hate ng+ because I hate redoing things, especially replaying games because they take so much time. You're right that if you wait it would be less of a struggle, but for me I still wouldn't want to replay it regardless.

And I am aware I don't have to do it, but when I really like a game I'd prefer to plat it if it's doable to me, and I'd also prefer it to remain 100%. That's not always going to be possible or something I can stomach doing and I can accept that, but I will be annoyed by it. 

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

I just wonder how hard/easy it is to track all the collectables and backtrack for them at one of the two points of no return. I realy dont like following a guide step by step to get all.

You just need to be careful mate as some of the collectibles can be quite hard to spot, you need to be moving meticulously scanning constantly and looking everywhere to make sure nothing is missed.

Because we dont know yet exactly which collectibles affect Lily's affection, you must get them all!!!

If you miss 1 collectible (you dont need them all for trophies), you may miss a collectible which doesn't affect Lily in which case you will be ok, but if you miss a collectible which affects Lily, like 'The Lost 72 Years 2' as an example, then it means  collecting everything again in NG+!!!!!

If not following a guide, you need to check every nook and cranny.

Thinking about it now, this maybe another problem with the affection, if we don't manage 100% in NG, cause something was missed, it means 100% again in NG+ (as opposed to affection items only which we dont know).

Edited by Optinooby

-- HOW TO DO PLATINUM IN 1 PLAYTHROUGH --

I think I may have a way to do everything in 1 playthrough, with save backup of course. And no need to avoid everything, all you need to avoid is 1 specific collectible!! I'm still getting through this myself by the way, so some of the information mentioned here, is based on the accuracy of the information that other sites have provided, I've only spent about 6 hours in-game myself so far, so no credit to me if this all works............

First

The key point where the ending is decided in regards to Lily's affection being 100% or not, is when you try to leave Abyss Levoire, which is one of the final areas by the way. Now when leaving here, if 100% affection, you will get to go to Eidos 9, if not then it will be skipped and you will go straight to Spire 4, thus locking in the other ending linked to Lily.

So the key is to get everything before leaving Abyss Levoire, EXCEPT for 1 collectible which raises Lily's affection. Preferably the closest one to the final objective. Of course we don't know exactly which collectibles affect it yet, but we will do soon ;). At the moment, I know the "The Lost 72 Years" collectibles in Xion affect it by 2% each from my own testing, if you left 1 or 2 of these, it would take 5 minutes to go and get them afterwards

Second

So then at 98% with only 1 Lily affection collectible remaining, we make a SAVE BACKUP and then go through straight to Spire 4 skipping Eidos 9 or course because she wasnt 100%.

Once on Spire 4, you dont bother collecting anything and you just focus on completing the game and getting the ending for having Lily's affection low.

Third

Then you download your save back, pickup that last Lily collectible to get her to 100%, then proceed to Eidos 9 and now collect everything for the remainder of the game doing everything else including the remaining 2 endings!!!

Conclusion

Not quite sure how fast the last bit of the game can be done if avoiding everything, but this is MUCH quicker than doing another playthrough for those that don't want to NG+ for whatever reason.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

-- HOW TO DO PLATINUM IN 1 PLAYTHROUGH --

I think I may have a way to do everything in 1 playthrough, with save backup of course. And no need to avoid everything, all you need to avoid is 1 specific collectible!! I'm still getting through this myself by the way, so some of the information mentioned here, is based on the accuracy of the information that other sites have said, I've only spent about 6 hours in-game myself so far, so no credit to me if this all works............

https://www.powerpyx.com/stellar-blade-all-endings-guide/

There is nothing to discover about doing all endings in one playtrhough since I already mentioned how to do it in that guide, but as I also say: is it worth it? Not really, since you will have to follow a guide which will tell you which collectibles you are allowed to pick up and which you are not - kills the experience and wills save you like what, 5 hours in the end? There is also a New Game+ trophy now, which they added a day before release so bruteforcing a way for one playthrough plat is even more pointless now.

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I don't want to debate over whats best for others or whats worth it, I just think that if its possible to do Platinum in 1 playthrough, then that information is useful, thats all. Not trying to be disrespectful to any sites, just trying to provide the option ;)

And that bit in bold you stated, that's mega contradicting of Powerpyxs whole website that you work on, your collectible guide is for 900 collectibles, whereas there is 1 collectible you have to avoid for what I mentioned above so don't even go there. 

Absolutely no need for you to reply like this when im just trying to provide information.

Nobody ever said that it was impossible to be done in one playthrough.

Collectible guide is its own thing for completionists, not just for the platinum, so I don't see the point of your statement. It is not even necessary to follow a guide for the collectibles, we made one so people can check where to find stuff they are missing - we could have stopped at the required number of collectibles, but we didn't -  for completion's sake.

You get a trophy for new game+, we are on a trophy website, you want to recommend people to avoid doing a ng+ run so they miss their trophy?

2 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Nobody ever said that it was impossible to be done in one playthrough.

Collectible guide is its own thing for completionists, not just for the platinum, so I don't see the point of your statement. It is not even necessary to follow a guide for the collectibles, we made one so people can check where to find stuff they are missing - we could have stopped at the required number of collectibles, but we didn't -  for completion's sake.

You get a trophy for new game+, we are on a trophy website, you want to recommend people to avoid doing a ng+ run so they miss their trophy?

And here I am in full OCD mode scanning the map every 5 sec scared of missing a collactable and missing a trophy in the end xD

Opti is doing what he does best.
If i can get the Lily ending out of the way quickly with 99% progress and then reload, grab the last collectible and 100% NG, then of course i will do that.
My thoughts are that i still want to 100% NG+ for all those specific outfits and new upgrades you can only get in that playthrough. This is the perfect solution for me and many others i know that like "complete" save files.

Edited by Capcom_Vs_Karl