Trophy Thoughts

With that news it means that the New Game+ trophies are essentially just bonus trophies you'll get on the way to the platinum. So those who were bothered by it can be good.

Even if it wasn't though, looking at the game, I don't think this would be one where replaying it would be a problem. The action and spectacle of the boss fights seem like something many people wouldn't mind doing again. Devil May Cry games requires you to play them numerous times and commonly people have no issue with that. Granted, they're also much shorter games, but all those playthroughs add up.

• Like 1

All of your collectibles (minus passcodes) carry over into new game plus. There are some higher tier upgrades and another 10 or so skills to unlock (again, higher tier upgrades and nothing new). 

two of the endings come down to a choice before the final boss and you can Continue your save to get the other before starting NG+. The third one looks to be a bit trickier. I have part of it figured out but don’t know where to trigger it. 

Looks good and it seems no difficulty related Trophies as far as I can tell; which is a plus, and no New Game + difficulty completion, so I guess you can just choose whatever.

I pre-ordered from Amazon and hopefully it arrives tomorrow by 11AM - can't wait to play this one, man!

• Like 1

I'm sure I've complained about the fishing trophy before but I'd like to do it again, if I may. 

I hate fishing in video games. It's tedious and purely RNG. Waste of time entirely.

The rest of the list looks good, although I had a tough time reacting to enemy attacks in the demo, so those trophies may be a pain for me. 

Very happy to see NG+ there day one and not just a single trophy for completing it.

Funny how there’s Day 1 censorship with outfits and other things. Have to play the game unpatched until the point where you have to make PS+ cloud saves. Sony has really become a ridiculous company.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Grunking1212 said:

Funny how there’s Day 1 censorship with outfits and other things. Have to play the game unpatched until the point where you have to make PS+ cloud saves. Sony has really become a ridiculous company.

"PS+ cloud saves"? What do you mean by this, is there some mandatory part of the game that requires you to save using this? I don't have PS+ and don't plan to get it.

I've said this several times already, but pretty much the only game that makes me want to get a PS5.  Trophy list looks fine to me.  Also, I like the title and the image of the platinum trophy.  Pretty nice. 

Edited by SoliDeoGloriaIHS

1 hour ago, Grunking1212 said:

I'm no fan of censorship but I haven't heard of any outfits being censored. Can you specify? I'd hope Shift Up wouldn't but it's not really going to influence my decision, I've kinda made up my mind and plan to buy the game.

1 hour ago, AlonMercer said:

I'm no fan of censorship but I haven't heard of any outfits being censored. Can you specify? I'd hope Shift Up wouldn't but it's not really going to influence my decision, I've kinda made up my mind and plan to buy the game.

There’s been photos and videos of the Bunny suit outfit and Cybernetic Bandage Outfit being changed to be more modest for the updated game. I would wait a week for more info on the game tbh.

2 hours ago, J-S_93 said:

"PS+ cloud saves"? What do you mean by this, is there some mandatory part of the game that requires you to save using this? I don't have PS+ and don't plan to get it.

If you want the multiple endings the trophy guide recommends ps plus saves. It saves you multiple playthroughs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ddracarys said:

Proof that trophy hunters will complain about anything.

We'd have to call them something else otherwise. We've had people here say they won't play certain games because they don't like the trophy images! (Narrow-minded much?)

Back on topic: I just hope I'm better at this than I think I'll be. Fast action is usually too fast-paced for me but I'm willing to go outside my comfort zone for a change. The trophies look like your standard completionist stuff but I'm all for it. GAME ON!!!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Grunking1212 said:

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to another forum, but I saw some posts showing that the censorship claims are false and in the end people were just comparing 2 different costumes? Shift Up did confirm today that there are 34 (!!!) additional outfits obtainable in NG+, maybe the ones shown in trailer footages are part of them.

But also, I believe New Game+ is part of Day 1 patch, so you won't be able to 100% the game if you decide to play un-patched.

Edited by DragonSpear2462
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links to another forum, but I saw some posts showing that the censorship claims are false and in the end people were just comparing 2 different costumes? Shift Up did confirm today that there are 34 (!!!) additional outfits obtainable in NG+, maybe the ones shown in trailer footages are part of them.

But also, I believe New Game+ is part of Day 1 patch, so you won't be able to 100% the game if you decide to play un-patched.

Those claims are false. There’s already new footage showing the bunny suit in new game plus is censored as well. Just give it a week all of the facts will show the truth. I’m gonna play the game unpatched until a certain point to play new game plus. Just really sick of the constant lies from game companies these days.

• Like 3

at this time there are 5 platinum achievers going by this site alone. Maybe more though I think it is folks that got codes for doing reviews. 

On NG+ i hear that it is not in the game on launch which sucks, i think games should be 100% on release. However i did hear there are no real bugs on the 1.00 version of the game though there is a day 1 censorship patch or so I have heard.

Trophy list looks fine nothing too hard maybe a little grind-y though we will see.

28 minutes ago, Grunking1212 said:

Those claims are false. There’s already new footage showing the bunny suit in new game plus is censored as well. Just give it a week all of the facts will show the truth. I’m gonna play the game unpatched until a certain point to play new game plus. Just really sick of the constant lies from game companies these days.

i am getting real tired of censorship, i am guessing Sony is the reason for the censorship as well.

Edited by Pumpkin Head Cthulhu
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Salt_AU said:

So don't do it.

I will never understand why are there so many tears and hand wringing about earning a trophy. Nobody on the planet, with perhaps the exception of yourself, cares about your stats, how many platinum's you have or don't have, or your completion percentage.  You lucked out with the addition of a story mode difficulty in a genre that is typically challenging, so 'clearing the game' means absolutely nothing at all. If you find anything tedious or boring, simply don't do it and move on champ.

People are allowed to share their opinions in an opinion thread. Shocker I know.

I am in the camp of not necessarily wanting to replay the game for 100% either. Boo hoo for me. 

Edited by Vulpine9Tails
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Complaining about people criticizing and voicing their opinions on a thread meant specifically for that very purpose. Tale as old as time. 

I agree I don't want to necessarily replay the game for 100% and that is MY opinion that I am ALLOWED to have. 

You are allowed to have an opinion and people are allowed to criticize it since it's posted publicly. It goes both ways.

With that said I don't mind the New Game plus trophies, I just don't understand why they tend to release them as a DLC on day 1. Just add them to the base list and if you add DLCs for new content later down the line, so be it.

I can't wait to find an opportunity to play this game.

The NG+ isn't bad since they are changing some things from the original run. New abilities are welcome, the problem I've had with NG+ runs is when nothing is changed and it's just a big exercise in repetition. This does not look to be the case with SB though.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio