X-Men: Days of future past. **Spoiler alert**

Pinkie-Pie

Went to go see this today with the husband shape and just want to see what other people think of it.

I personally thought that it would of done better as a stand alone film, so many questions left instead of answered, the whole Striker thing was confusing, they need to keep that man one age range. Magneto going from "yeah i'll help" to "sod you all, death to all humans" yes I know he didn't say that exactly, but that was the vibe!   It's left the first 3 films in a kind of kink as the story line for them is now all squew iff, and I'm pretty sure in "The Wolverine" his adimantium (apologies i've prob spelt that wrong) was sucked out of him, leaving him with his old bone claws.

Now i'm not a complete marvel fanatic, so I could be missing plot lines and answers that are explained in the comics, and if I am please inform me in a simple manner! lol,

Also, there was no Deadpool, needed more of him, lots more, saying that just having Ryan Reynolds would of been good enough for me.... 

Went to go see this today with the husband shape and just want to see what other people think of it.

I personally thought that it would of done better as a stand alone film, so many questions left instead of answered, the whole Striker thing was confusing, they need to keep that man one age range. Magneto going from "yeah i'll help" to "sod you all, death to all humans" yes I know he didn't say that exactly, but that was the vibe!   It's left the first 3 films in a kind of kink as the story line for them is now all squew iff, and I'm pretty sure in "The Wolverine" his adimantium (apologies i've prob spelt that wrong) was sucked out of him, leaving him with his old bone claws.

Now i'm not a complete marvel fanatic, so I could be missing plot lines and answers that are explained in the comics, and if I am please inform me in a simple manner! lol,

Also, there was no Deadpool, needed more of him, lots more, saying that just having Ryan Reynolds would of been good enough for me.... 

I haven't seen  it yet, from what i know DoFP is re-writing the future, so x-men, x2, X-men the last stand, wolverine origins & the wolverine never actually happened as it's now a different timeline. And wolverine still had adamantium on his skeleton at the end of the wolverine, he just grew new claws after silver samurai cut them off. When he gets sent back in time, it's before the weapon x programme so stryker hasn't done it the logan yet.

I do agree with the stryker issue though, it's kinda confusing lol

As for deadpool, fox are thinking or making a stand-alone film for him. It will probably be after 2016s age of apocolypse though.

Edited by azza-the-great-X
  • Like 2

The timelines were skewed, but not the ideals. Magneto still went after the humans because he believed the mutants were the superior species, and being that he was imprisoned under the Pentagon by humans, he wanted retribution.

All of X-Men, X2, X3, X-Men origins: Wolverine, and The Wolverine were rendered obsolete and never actually happened as a result of the timeline being skewed.

If X-Men Origins: Wolverine didn't happen because the timeline was skewed, then there is no Deadpool, since Deadpool was a byproduct of Wolverine's DNA used in the Stryker Weapon X experiment.

As for Stryker, yeah that was bogus. The adamantium infusion to Wolverine was supposed to have happened shortly afterwards, so he should have been his much older version.

As an aside: as for Blink and Bishop making their debuts, they played big roles in Age of Apocalypse comics. Without giving away too much, if you stayed through the credits to see the post-credit sequence, it gave a hint at the next movie, in which Bishop and Blink will play more prominent roles.

Also, because of the skewing of the timeline, it allows for the coming of Apocalypse, since, in the comics, AOA takes place in an alternate time line.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

There is a lot of continuity errors especially thanks to some bad decisions made in X3 and Origins, that's why at the end of the film Bryan Singer erased all of the movie timelines except First Class and Days of Future Past.

Deadpool should have either his own standalone film, or show up in the X-Force Movie.

deadpool__movie____fan_poster_by_superdu

• Like 2

Generally, I liked it but um...they need to fill in quite a bit of plot holes, like: 

1. How did Jean and Cyclops come back...or Professor X for that matter?

2. When and how did he and Magneto reconcile prior to the movie's events?

3. Where were the Sentinals the entire time between this movie and First Class in the original timeline?

4. Why did Wolverine still have the adamantium in the end?

5. When and how did Wolverine meet/know Quicksilver in the original timeline?

6. When did the post credits of Captian America: The Winter Soldier happen? Quicksilver looked like his younger self that appears in Days of Future Past...and exactly who captured him and why?

Generally, I liked it but um...they need to fill in quite a bit of plot holes, like: 

3. Where were the Sentinals the entire time between this movie and First Class in the original timeline?

6. When did the post credits of Captian America: The Winter Soldier happen? Quicksilver looked like his younger self that appears in Days of Future Past...and exactly who captured him and why?

1. Jean and Cyclops were alive because the timeline was altered so that XMen, X2, and X3 never actually happened. As for the Prof, if you remember, the post credit sequence of X3 had the Professor come back in Moira McTaggart's lab.

2. They were always friends, just with different ideals. The sentinels brought them together since they were a common enemy.

3. Continutiy error (unless someone has an actual answer, because I don't know).

4. There was no proof he did. At the end, they never show him using his claws when walking around the mansion in the new timeline.

However, I am not totally sold on X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine being skewed based on timeline though.

Because at the end of DofFP, Stryker recovers an unconscious Logan from a fountain in DC. So it's very possible he still infused him with adamantium and that the events of those two movies are true. The continuity issue arises in that Stryker in DofFP should have been older.

While we have no proof that he is infused with adamantium at the end, since he walks around the mansion normally, his adamantium infusion can be inferred from that scene. Guess we will just have to wait two years for X-Men: Apocalypse to find out.

5. No idea.

6. Can't answer this either since I didn't see Winter Soldier.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

:l X - men isnt part of the MCU

Best movie ever!!!! specially how Colossus died rip in half I was like daaaaauuuuummm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD epic only a few caught when quicksilver said "hey my mom knew a guy that had metal powers" idk something like that duh he's you're daddy xD also a funny part when wolverine past the metal detector and it didn't deep he was all like O.o wow WTF D; also sad parts when future magneto was dying in front of professor X and what he told him I was ready to cry sad :( all in all epic now the post credit scene Apocalypse cool huh    

My honest opinion is that I wasn't fully impressed with it. I felt it could have been better. It had a decent plot, but it wasn't executed to its full potential. The scene with Quicksilver was hilarious. The opening action sequence was great and the end credits scene featuring Apocalypse was meant for fans, but overall, meh.

Quicksilver was definitely the best thing about that film. But it was still good! 

I agree with Stryker changing ages throughout the film series, and not in the order u'd expect. Is the Stryker from First Class our William Strykers father!? He's agent Stryker, not general and they don't call him William at any point. Might explain that one. Altho he still ages bloody quick between DoFP and Origins!

I kinda wanted it to explain Xavier coming back, cos I thought he moved his consciousness into the brain dead guy in the lab. Wouldn't that make him look like that guy just with Xavier's mind!?

Also Xavier was walking In Origins unyet he was shot and lost the use of his legs in First Class when he was younger. 

No Stan Lee makes me sad.

Here's an explanation i found which might make things easier to understand:

-Original Timeline 1973: Boliver Trask is assassinated before showing his Sentinels to the United States, as he was assassinated at a meeting with the Vietcong by Mystique. Mystique is captured by William Stryker, experimented on by Trask Industries, and escaped to rejoin Magneto. Because Trask's meeting was with the Vietcong and selling military secrets (he was arrested for this in the New Timeline), Trask Industries was both leaderless and disgraced, and would remain so for nearly thirty years.
-Original Timeline 2006-2015: Following Magneto and Jean's attack on Alcatraz Island, the United States Military renews contracts with Trask Industries and eventually reactivated the Sentinel Program. 
-Original Timeline 2015: In aftermath of Mutant Cure failure (Magneto and others regaining powers) Trask Industries successfully launches Sentinels around the world. In response, Xavier and Magneto recruit Wolverine to help stop Trask Industries. 
-Original Timeline Before 2023: In response to X-Men attacks, Trask Industries uses Mystique's DNA to create Adaptable Sentinels.

ok, glad folks do see some of my points, especially the whole stryker issue! lol, good that i've been corrected on others and some new points just generally explained! lol, Apocalypse does look interesting, though I will hold judgement until i've watched it, as this x-men has dampened my liking now the rest of time line is skewed!

However, I am not totally sold on X-Men Origins: Wolverine and The Wolverine being skewed based on timeline though.

Because at the end of DofFP, Stryker recovers an unconscious Logan from a fountain in DC. So it's very possible he still infused him with adamantium and that the events of those two movies are true. The continuity issue arises in that Stryker in DofFP should have been older.

That was no Stryker. That was Mystique.

I think this was the best movie in the X-universe.

Resetting all the previous crap (thank god they removed Origins: Wolverine from the continuity too, that movie was extremely horrible) they are actually opening up to new possibilities.

They could very well use this as a stepping stone to sign some kind of agreement to crossover with the Marvel Studios' movies and finally use Wolverine in an Avenger movie (maybe the third one).

Oh and by the way, Amazing Spider-man is back to Marvel Studios and the third movie could very well be integrated in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Edited by DocDoomII
  • Like 1

1. Jean and Cyclops were alive because the timeline was altered so that XMen, X2, and X3 never actually happened. As for the Prof, if you remember, the post credit sequence of X3 had the Professor come back in Moira McTaggart's lab.

2. They were always friends, just with different ideals. The sentinels brought them together since they were a common enemy.

3. Continutiy error (unless someone has an actual answer, because I don't know).

4. There was no proof he did. At the end, they never show him using his claws when walking around the mansion in the new timeline.

While we have no proof that he is infused with adamantium at the end, since he walks around the mansion normally, his adamantium infusion can be inferred from that scene. Guess we will just have to wait two years for X-Men: Apocalypse to find out.

5. No idea.

6. Can't answer this either since I didn't see Winter Soldier.

1. Right but on all accounts...how? How did stopping the Sentinal program from launching stop Jean Grey from becoming the Phenoix? Also...if you notice, her hair was still red as if she had indeed still become Phenoix but somehow beat it. And exactly HOW did Professor X survive being vaporized?! They are just bringing people back with little to no explaination.

2. Again, true but when and how did they kiss and make up after one vaporized the other?!

3. That wasn't Styker...it was Mystique that took Wolverine.

• 4 weeks later...

1)The events in this movie deeply involved 3 key characters.

Magneto, Xavier and Mistique.

We can't know for sure what this means, but for example Magneto could have stopped being a terrorist.

Maybe he just went up and created a place like the Genosha from the comics.

Jean could very well still have become the phoenix, but with not conflict between x-men and the brotherhood, maybe Jean didn't go that far to atomize half of the mutants present in the third movie.

It simply is just a different timeline.

We'll never know what happened in this timeline if they'll not show it to us.

Different companies do the Xmen and Avengers movies. Marvel Studios retained the rights to the Avengers and associated characters, and anything else they didn't sign away (e.g. Guardians of the Galaxy). They gave the rights to Xmen and associated characters to Fox. (Sony has the film rights to Spidey and associated characters).

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch (the two at the end of Winter Soldier) are Avengers bad-guys. So they are associated with Avengers and can go in those movies...

BUT...

They are also Magneto's children, so are characters associated with Xmen lore too. Thus they can appear in Xmen movies.

You should consider Spidey movies, Xmen movies and Avengers movies as taking place in separate universes as there is unlikely to be a cross-over unless Sony and Fox forfeit their respective rights somehow. For example - ask yourself "Why wouldn't Spidey, the Xmen or the Fantastic 4 show up to help the Avengers fight off an alien invasion in the Avengers movie when they all live in or near New York?" When you realise that their rights are owned by separate studios, you realise its just because they aren't stepping on each others' toes.

Oh and by the way, Amazing Spider-man is back to Marvel Studios and the third movie could very well be integrated in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Really! Where did you hear this? It's good news if so - the Amazing Spidey movies have been rubbish, they need to buck up their ideas.

P.S. I barely recognise you without the Harley-Quinn avatar and sig. lol.

Edited by StrickenBiged

I liked the 2 amazing spiderman movies a ton better than the 3 previous shitty movies from Sam Raimi.

Raimi should stick to funny movies like Army of Darkness.

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0051941/?ref_=tt_dt_co

Plus there was a twit from some guy (don't remember) who said that spiderman was back to marvel. And then he twitted again to say "oops I shouldn't have said that".