Am I addicted?

Sir-Miffy

Please tell me if I'm addicted to PS3. I opened at since Christmas and I already had quite a few trophies.

Mithulan98.png

Who isn't addicted to the PS3? I love mine... BOTH of them (one in my room and one in my living room... and soon to be in my man cave that i call the Pig Pen)... Keep it up dood! Have fun!

• Like 1

Please tell me if I'm addicted to PS3. I opened at since Christmas and I already had quite a few trophies.

Mithulan98.png

Yes...you are addicted. You need to go cold turkey. I'll help. You can send me your gaming system and games and I'll make sure they don't fall into another unsuspecting gamer's hands and start the cycle all over again.

• Like 3

Your not addicted ... well ... you had vacations, most gamers on the forums here made those ps3s roar for xmas for sure.

Tell me how many hours you slept each night and i'll tell you if your addicted lol ...

I sleep about 7-8hours a day

Yes...you are addicted. You need to go cold turkey. I'll help. You can send me your gaming system and games and I'll make sure they don't fall into another unsuspecting gamer's hands and start the cycle all over again.

LOL Nice try!

You are pathetic! Only 67 trophies in 10 days! :yay: (Just kidding) At that rate you will catch up to the "big dogs" in no time! Although most of the time platinum trophies :platinum: garner more respect. Just sayin' B) For the record, I get 6 hours of sleep a day as an average, but that is because I game and make A's in college :rolleyes: Oh, and one last thing..... PS3 FTW :D

• 2 months later...

Anyone who has experienced it knows all too well – video game addiction is real. Although gaming addiction is not yet officially recognized as a diagnosable disorder by the American Medical Association, there is increasing evidence that people of all ages, especially teens and pre-teens, are facing very real, sometimes severe consequences associated with compulsive use of video and computer games.

Video games are becoming increasingly complex, detailed, and compelling to a growing international audience of players. With better graphics, more realistic characters, and greater strategic challenges, it’s not surprising that some teens would rather play the latest video game than hang out with friends, play sports, or even watch television.

Of course, all gamers are not addicts – many teens can play video games a few hours a week, successfully balancing school activities, grades, friends, and family obligations. But for some, gaming has become an uncontrollable compulsion. Studies estimate that 10 percent to 15 percent of gamers exhibit signs that meet the World Health Organization’s criteria for addiction. Just like gambling and other compulsive behaviors, teens can become so enthralled in the fantasy world of gaming that they neglect their family, friends, work, and school.

• 2 weeks later...

How can you say that? Pretend your waiting for the game to load, or if its a one life mode and you die and you're waiting for next round. Think?

your reply really makes me wonder if you actually read my post, or put any thought into it before replying. i said that if he is on this playstation (sony) site he is obviously not addicted to his xbox (microsoft) or w/e (such as wii (nintendo)). and youre the one telling me to think?

also, thanks for bringing up a year old post. :|

your reply really makes me wonder if you actually read my post, or put any thought into it before replying. i said that if he is on this playstation (sony) site he is obviously not addicted to his xbox (microsoft) or w/e (such as wii (nintendo)). and youre the one telling me to think?

also, thanks for bringing up a year old post. :|

You basically said you're on the internet now and not the ps3. Therfore, you're not addicted? Am I wrong?

You basically said you're on the internet now and not the ps3. Therfore, you're not addicted? Am I wrong?

are you putting any thinking into your posts? because what youre saying is really ignorant.

THIS IS A PS3 SITE NOT AN XBOX SITE. THEREFORE IF HE IS ON A PS3 SITE HE IS ADDICTED BECAUSE NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND JOINS A FORUM OF SOMETHING THEYRE NOT INTO. LETS SAY SOMEONE WHO HATES MY LITTLE PONY WONT JOIN A FORUM AND ASK PEOPLE IF HE IS ADDICTED TO MLP EVEN THOUGH HE HATES IT.