Microsoft & Nintendo - E3 2014

Parker

Really looking forward to seeing something about Halo Guardians and Sunset Overdrive. I really feel like Insomniac is saying "f*ck you" to all the gamers who supported them and all of their games on ps (Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance), making sunset xbone exclusive  :unsure:

Really looking forward to seeing something about Halo Guardians and Sunset Overdrive. I really feel like Insomniac is saying "f*ck you" to all the gamers who supported them and all of their games on ps (Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance), making sunset xbone exclusive  :unsure:

If the rumors are to be believed it is Sony that screwed Insomniac over. Supposedly Insomniac went to Sony with Sunset Overdrive with the intention of making it a PlayStation game but Sony wanted to own the rights to the IP. Insomniac didn't want to give up the rights to the IP so they went to Microsoft who let them keep the rights. So, if that is what actually happened, I'd blame Sony for the game not coming to PlayStation. 

Parker

and is it just me that is surpirsed that Bayonetta 2 is only for Wii U :o

No one else wanted to pay for the game so Nintendo bought up a third party IP...despite Iwata previously saying "we won't pay for third party support"...sigh

http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-talks-third-party-publisher-relations-doesnt-want-to-get-involved-with-price-warsmoney-giving/

• Like 1

Hoping there will be some news about the new Gears of War game always been a big Gears fan  B)

Also be nice to see Nintendo coming with more games after what looks like a very successful launch for Mario Kart 8 now they need to carry on with the momentum

Yeah, that was a pretty meh conference, in my opinion. Even Sunset Overdrive looks kind of generic to me, that gameplay didn't do much for me at all. I'll be getting the Halo: Master Chief Collection though, my brother and I are planning on playing through every campaign co-op before Halo 5 comes out. 

Parker

• Like 1

Hoping there will be some news about the new Gears of War game always been a big Gears fan B)

Also be nice to see Nintendo coming with more games after what looks like a very successful launch for Mario Kart 8 now they need to carry on with the momentum

Sorry but I feel the total opposite towards Gears of War. Friends wanted to play the 3rd GOW, so I did and happens to be the worst game I ever played...

And I didn't get to see the Microsoft press conference :(.

Edited by TheLastSurvivorD

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/06/10/star-fox-wii-u-miyamoto/

Star-Fox.jpg
  •  
  •  

The rumors were true: Nintendo is bringing one of its oldest franchises to the Wii U. Of course, most of the rumors going into this year’s E3 focused on the possibility of a new Legend of Zelda. But according to an article at Time that posted ahead of today’s Nintendo Digital Event, the company is planning to showcase a new game starring Star Fox, aka Fox McCloud, the sci-fi adventurer who flies around space taking down bad guys in his Arwing. (Except when he hangs out with dinosaurs for some reason.)

According to the Time piece, the new Wii U Star Fox will utilize the Wii U Gamepad in all kinds of ways, including a motion control element that seems designed to either shut up the Gamepad skeptics or provide further fuel for their skepticism. There’s also a multiplayer element involving a new helicopter craft. (The ArCopter? The HeliFoxter?)

Star Fox is an intriguing choice for Nintendo. Where the Super Mario and Legend of Zelda franchises contain several of the most beloved games ever made, the Star Fox legend mostly rests on single game: Star Fox 64, the gorgeous and addictive 1997 game that followed through on all the promise of the original SNES Star Fox and remains one of the best flying games ever, full stop. (Star Fox 64 is the source of the immortal phrase “Do a Barrel Roll” and also the source of knowing that Slippy is the worst.)

The franchise had a couple of comparatively disappointing GameCube entries; the last new Star Fox was a DS game released eight years ago. But Fox has lived as one of the lead figures in the Super Smash Brothers franchise, where he’s long been a favorite character of players who enjoy meat-and-potatoes fighting strategy and not just firing cheap lightning bolts all the time, GO HOME PIKACHU NO ONE LIKES YOU.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_wii_u_legend_of_zelda_revealed_confirmed_for_2015_release

630x.jpg

Open world Zelda shown off at E3

Nintendo has shown the first footage of The Legend of Zelda title for the Wii U during its E3 Digital Event.

The game boasts a massive open world, a cel-shaded art style and what appears to be some particularly dynamic combat — but no title as yet.

The only other confirmed info is that the game is due for release next year.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/e3_2014_yoshis_woolly_world_details_revealed_during_nintendo_digital_event

630x.jpg

Nintendo pulls the wool over your eyes in the most beautiful way

New details, gameplay footage and even a new title for previously announced Wii U title Yarn Yoshi - now known as Yoshi's Woolly World.

The new title sports a beautiful woollen aesthetic, one which — dare we say — looks almost lifelike in terms of textures. The gameplay itself is similar to previous Yoshi's Island titles in terms of gameplay, However, there are a few key gameplay differences, such as a two-player cooperative mode. With regards to the latter, you and a friend can swallow and launch each other like Yoshi's signature egg-throwing move.

Only a rather non-specific 2015 launch window has been announced.