Animes with a disappointing Ending

l-S0ULx3ATER-l

I've Watched a lot of anime's but the one with the ending that really disappointed me would have to be Deadman Wonderland. I do love Deadman Wonderland but damn the ending kind of made me mad. They rushed everything, it's completely different from the manga. I know the manga is still going so I HOPE they make a season 2 to redeem season 1. Also Crow was my favorite :D 

tumblr_mjm6hjGJFe1r6y341o1_500.jpg

• Like 1

dang it, ninja'd :P

to TC: I haven't watched DW's anime yet but sorry to disappoint you, the manga is rushed too resulting to rushed ending....

so far... disappointed cause discontinued = yes, disappointing ending = 0 so far

Edited by jeieem

Aww man, I guess I should stop reading the manga so I don't flip a table (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

well I still recommend you finish the manga so that you can have closure with it ^_^ 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say it's disappointing per se (some people like open endings I suppose) but the ending of Eden of the East left me disappointed, even after the second movie it feels as if they had a third planned and it was canned or something. I would have loved to see a definite conclusion to it because it was an awesome Anime. :(

Panty and Stocking left me dishearten considering the ending mentioned a Season 2 that somehow has never been made.

Tokkou had a poor ending as it was rushed and ended with a cliffhanger

Bleach should've ended 2 seasons early as i feel that would've left a better overall impression for the anime

Edited by MidnightRadiance

A few that come to mind would be:

Air Gear - This just seemed like it was cutoff a few episodes short, although I could probably name about 20+ different ones like that.
Code Geass - Overall a good anime, just didn't care for the ending.
Vampire Knight - It's been a while since I've seen this one, but I remember there was something I didn't like about the ending.
Death Note - Again, another good anime, just didn't care for the ending.

Shiki - This entire anime was just messed up.

Deadman Wonderland - Agreed that it needs an extra season.

Edited by Masamune_316

I absolutely HATED death note's ending.

I mean cmon, Light can win from L (the most badass detective in the world, who has solved countless of cases) But loses from a smart kid, who wasn't even fully trained to be L's successor. It just doesn't make sense when you look at the grand picture.

Apart from that most endings i've seen are pretty good. I thought DW ending was pretty okay, but it did left a bad taste in my mouth tho.  

There are however alot of animes that are in desperate need of a second season. Now they have an ending that just doesn't make sense, since they don't end anything! (yes i'm looking at you Claymore, Accel world & shingeki!)

Edited by xZoneHunter

xZoneHunter- There are a lot of animes I would like to see a second season for, and Yes CLAYMORE. Also I believe Shingeki is going to have a second season in 2015 

Masamune - Don't get me started about Shiki xD

Midnight- I wish Tite Kubo didn't stop the anime for bleach because i'm reading the manga and from whats happening so far I would of loved to see it animated 

I absolutely HATED death note's ending. I mean cmon, Light can win from L (the most badass detective in the world, who has solved countless of cases) But loses from a smart kid, who wasn't even fully trained to be L's successor. It just doesn't make sense when you look at the grand picture.

Apart from that most endings i've seen are pretty good. I thought DW ending was pretty okay, but it did left a bad taste in my mouth tho.  

There are however alot of animes that are in desperate need of a second season. Now they have an ending that just doesn't make sense, since they don't end anything! (yes i'm looking at you Claymore, Accel world & shingeki!)

Spoiler much? Please edit your post and add the spoiler special BBcode. I've seen it but others have not. Let's not spoil the ending for them! ;)

Also, The Death Note was originally going to end with 

Light killing L and creating a new world with himself as "god" but the writers decided that the ending was too dark and that good should triumph in the end so they decided to continue the Manga/anime with L's successor

As for disappointing endings I'll have to say Blue Exorcist. I loved the first season, but I hated that they veered from the manga and did their own thing and ended it early. The anime had so much potential and I absolutely loved the idea of the devil's son going  to exorcist school and Rin fighting all of his half brothers. They should've just waited for more manga to be released. Even worse, they ended it and changed so much that another season is practically impossible. SMH.

While I'm dissapointed in an endings of the most anime because they don't actually have an ending...

Mai-HiM. They went full madoka

suffering, despair, killing each other, etc.

but in the end

everybody was ressurected, teamed up and beated the bad guy. And they happily lived after.

As for DN - I found it dissapointing at first, but rewatched it some tome ago and found it rather good.

It shows how thick was ice he was walking on - one mistake and he is screwed

(and trusting that guy was a mistake - he never trusted anyone and disposed of them as fast as possible).

I absolutely HATED death note's ending. I mean cmon, Light can win from L (the most badass detective in the world, who has solved countless of cases) But loses from a smart kid, who wasn't even fully trained to be L's successor. It just doesn't make sense when you look at the grand picture.

Personally, I thought the ending of the anime/manga was a ton better than the live action's ending.

Basically, L makes Light's dad confront him, Light loses it.

Personally, I thought the ending of the anime/manga was a ton better than the live action's ending.

Basically, L makes Light's dad confront him, Light loses it.

Kinda forgot about the live action movies but I have to disagree, i actually liked that ending.

As I said before, personally i think it doesn't make sense light wins from L but loses from Near.

Spoiler much? Please edit your post and add the spoiler special BBcode. I've seen it but others have not. Let's not spoil the ending for them!  ;)

Also, The Death Note was originally going to end with 

Light killing L and creating a new world with himself as "god" but the writers decided that the ending was too dark and that good should triumph in the end so they decided to continue the Manga/anime with L's successor

As for disappointing endings I'll have to say Blue Exorcist. I loved the first season, but I hated that they veered from the manga and did their own thing and ended it early. The anime had so much potential and I absolutely loved the idea of the devil's son going  to exorcist school and Rin fighting all of his half brothers. They should've just waited for more manga to be released. Even worse, they ended it and changed so much that another season is practically impossible. SMH.

Alright alright, i edited it. I thought it's pretty obvious to find spoilers in a thread that's about endings but i edited it anyway.

Edited by xZoneHunter

Btoom! disappointed me too, I love the idea of it but the ending was rushed. Hopefully a season 2 will be released.

Um... it wasn't ending. Anime ended with a scene from chapter 51 so... it all went according to manga.

And as for my reply... I'll make an obvious one.

Mahou Sensou.

This is what happens when you try to adapt 8 volumes into one cour...

Um... it wasn't ending. Anime ended with a scene from chapter 51 so... it all went according to manga.

And as for my reply... I'll make an obvious one.

Mahou Sensou.

This is what happens when you try to adapt 8 volumes into one cour...

Ah I see I hope there's a season 2 then :)

Does it have to be Japanese cartoons or can I include American cartoons in this.

If so I would say HBO's Spawn. An incredible series that ran 3 seasons and then ends up a HUGE cliffhanger...I always hoped for a movie to tie it all together.

Well... it's specifically about anime so... yea, you should talk about anime...