Suggestion: Site Awards/Hackers caught statistic

Over on .org, you can get site awards for posting a set number of times, participating in events, Member of the Month etc.

I was thinking that if we ported that idea over here (they copied our Gaming Sessions, so it makes sense to copy from them too, right?) we could be given site awards for catching hackers.

I like browsing the leaderboards and reporting people when I'm bored, and as the mod's can see who filed a report, it should be easy to keep count. Implementing an automatically updating "hackers caught" statistic either on the forum profile page or on the PSN Profile page for each individual user would be nice, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Thoughts?

Well these are basically awards the site has already https://psnprofiles.com/?stickers

:o How did you access those? Never seen them before.

getting a reward for catching a hacker is really dumb  -_- hackers need to be removed without a trace

copying from .org just to copy is not a good idea, but i like the thought on site rewards, its not a bad idea.

Well, we already have a statistic for total amount of hackers removed on the leaderboard anyway, so it's not like we aren't keeping track.

Edited by madbuk

I would hate to see a hackers caught statistic on my profile. Catching hackers should be discreet. I don't want the hackers themselves knowing I was the one that reported them or their colleagues. People can be vindictive.

Edited by Stevieboy

Found it by looking in the search bar and was from this forum https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/1027-site-trophies/?hl=+site%20+awards

I just had idea for drinking game on this site. Drink every time somebody points out existence of search option on this site.

I will never be sober again.

I couldn't care less for those stickers, (sorry sly :giggle: ) so a "hackers caught" sticker or a prize along the same lines would mean nothing to me.

Also reporting hackers is a privilege for premium users so it's pay to win dammit!  :awesome:

But yeah I agree with the other posters here, it might backfire and make you a target  :ninja:

Nobody wants chubby 13 year olds attacking them online so it's best to keep the reports discreet. 

I think it's a good idea to have some kind of reward system for flagging cheaters. Right now, it seems like very few people actually flag, and the leaderboards are an absolute mess. I'll randomly go through the recent achievers on games, and I usually get about 10-15 cheaters out of the 50 that are on there, even more for UR plats. Sometimes, I get that many on the first achiever list, which means that no one ever flagged them for however long the game's been out. That's pretty ridiculous. 

Honestly, I think anyone against any kind of rewards system for flagging is just scared they're going to get caught cheating. I doubt anyone would be "targeted" just for flagging people. Assuming as much would be assuming that a good portion of the people on the site are cheaters, especially those that are active on the forums. I very openly talk about how I constantly flag people, I've mentioned it in many status updates and threads, and I've never gotten any hate mail or anything.

Of course, the actual flag should be kept anonymous, so that the specific person doesn't know you reported them, but I think having some kind of way for cheaters to know that there are people out there actively flagging will help cut down cheating.

• Like 1

What I don't get is why people think that others will stop cheating because they have been caught here (well not the ones that can be caught in any case). 99.9% of them never come here and I doubt are even on most gaming sites (except maybe the official playstation stuff) - mainly for bragging rights with peers I guess ?

If you want to keep  the leaderboards as clean as possible and have the time, that's a good thing, but I really don't feel that it justifies its specific stat. Sly would beat everyone anyway with the auto catch system :P

I like that idea to have site awards, but having awards for catching hackers? No.

Site Awards

YES. Having site awards, or stickers, or pins (as Sly mentioned in the past) is a great idea (even with its own kind of reward, but then again, that's optional). It tells people what kind of person you are. "Hey, this person has 500 posts. This means he/she is active lot" and so forth, or even 100 likes and so forth is a good idea. "Hey, this person has 100 likes, this means he/she is interesting" or something else. Overall, its a good idea to have site awards. Just my opinion :).

Awards for Catching Hackers

No (not to be mean or anything).

Having a badge for reporting hackers is only going to make you a target.If someone had a badge like that one on their profile,i'm pretty sure the person would receive a lot of hate messages like "get a life" "do you get paid for reporting...."  among other messages.

This is basically what I was going to say.

(Note: Yay! Now I know how to have purple text.)